Thierry Mugler Alien

Thierry Mugler  Alien
Alien

on 9/6/2017 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Medium

Tried a sample of this last night. One spray on my arm. Strong woody jasmine scent filled most of our big livingroom and my husband said it was way too much. I liked it the first hour, then I got almost sick of it, but didn't wash it off - want ed to get "the whole story". This morning it was still on, more woody then. Lastet about 20 hours, so good for those who like the Alien. Too much for me and hubby.

This perfume to me is delishous. I adore white florals and since I've been collecting attars from the East and a lot have a strong Jasmine scent going on that I really like. So I finally decided to try this because of my Jasmine obsession and I just adore this perfume. I'll say this I've not smelled a scent with Jasmine like Alien. I love the amber and the wood in it too. But I mostly get the white floral that I love so much. For me I've only worn this in cold weather and I think it smells amazing in this kind of weather. I've read this doesn't play well in warm weather but I'm still going to try it and decide for myself whether that's true or not. Since I like Alien I also picked up the Essence Absolue and I love that too but Alien is my favorite.

I would say this as I purchased this on a blind buy and I think it worked out for me, because I love white florals. I find them heady, narcotic, and amazing so if you like them you could like Alien. Also I don't smell much of the wood I get mainly a very linear scent on me it's like a spicy Jasmine, very unique if you ask me. I also got the refillable bottle as the refills are less expensive so that's a good thing for me. I can see why this scent is polarizing but I love it. If you're a white floral fan do give it a sniff even if you don't like it I think it's scent that should be smelt at least once if you love Jasmine. Also this lasts for hours and hours on me.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have a massive perfume collection (100+) and a very wide range of tastes. Many people stick to one or two categories (white floral, oriental, gourmand, etc) but in my collection pretty much every category gets good representation with the exception of the floral aldehydes (ie, Chanel No.5).
Alien is one of my faves. There's nearly no point describing it because differing body chemistries give different results. However, overall this is a mix of fruit, musk, and flowers...a kind of grape-blackcurrant-jasmine-musk.
It is VERY long lasting in EDP and VERY rich, potent...do your family a favor and don't put any more than two sprays on.
It is not for shrinking violets or young pre-teens...it's very 'confident' and womanly. My husband is fond of it...he seems to be a fan of jasmine-y scents. I wore it to the tanning salon and the first thing the manager said when I stepped up to the counter was 'holy cow, you smell really, really good'.
Unlike its sister Angel, Alien is still unknown and complex enough that you're not gonna smell it on every fifth person. It really is a little bit 'alien', a strange, unique creation, be that for better or worse. This really is one of those that not everyone can be friends with. But don't you get tired of perfumes that smell like fifty-six others?
The bottle is beautiful and strange. Is it an otherworldly crystal? Alien talons holding a jewel? An alien egg of some kind? People who see it on your vanity will want to pick it up. Someone put a lot of thought into the design.
It is on the more expensive side, like Angel, for the amount you get, but well worth it because you need so little to make your statement.
Go test it in EDP and EDT ( you might find EDT more to your liking as it IS lighter and cheaper)but do let it develop before deciding.
Good luck!!

on 9/20/2014 8:40:00 AM

This is quite hard to review as many others have expressed my sentiments. An interesting fragrance, quite strong and different and definitely not for the workplace. I would give it 3.5 stars if I could. Unfortunately it is not very versatile due to the polarizing elements. And one spray is enough!! I only wear once in a blue moon, so I would not repurchase as the bottle I have is likely to last longer than I will.

on 8/20/2014 8:22:00 PM

Did not like this fragrance one bit. Very strong and overpowering, sticks to clothes like cigarette smoke. Which is fine maybe if you like the smell, but for me it was much too strong. Got it as a birthday pressie, wore it three or so times before deciding that it needed to be binned. Musky, much too bold for me, would not recommend, thinking of it is giving me a headache!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Alien is such a gorgeous smell. So unique and sensual, slightly ethereal and very alienesque. I ran out of my first bottle and am excited to purchase another. The purple and gold bottle is also beautiful, sort of exotic or medieval looking, and very much stands out.

on 7/22/2013 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Thierry Mugler ALIEN. EDT (2005, Nose: Dominique Ropion and Laurent Bruyere). Citrus/White Multifloral. The image is of a sundappled late-spring profusion of white flowers, with sambac jasmine, a slightly grape-y neroli, tart honeysuckle, and possibly tuberose, peach blossom and narcissus. Subtle green notes smell sharply like the broken stems of paperwhites. The head is a brilliant, sunshiny gleam of orange, lemon and lime, transparent and almost sherbet-sweet, but not quite. So shiny is this scent, that it is almost metallic... accounting no doubt for the perfume's title. In the EDT at least, the basenotes (wood, amber, cashmeran) are hardly perceptible-- and exist only in far drydown as a sandy/powdery mirage: ALIEN is not about hidden roiling depths at all, but rather meant to be a top-heavy, brilliant upthrust of gleaming springtime. I imagine all the components of ALIEN are synthetic, yet they are so well-combined that they give an impression of a sharp-focused, high-res naturalness. Never cloying or cutesy or cosmetic/soapy, ALIEN is an eye-popping, sanguinely optimist's bouquet of natural white floralcy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Oh my dear God. This is the absolute perfume for me. Once I smelled it from a sample,I said that's it. Now I cant go on a day without it. I can really smell vanilla,although to me jasmine is stronger(I have the eau de parfum). Later on,it gets more spicy and musky. It has this sexy,seductive smell.it's just wonderful.My clothes smell with this even after washing them and my pillowcases too.!

on 3/23/2013 3:01:00 PM

I think Alien is a seductive oriental type perfume. It is very strong so one spray is enough to last you all day long. It is a bit expensive but worth it. I give it a 5.

on 3/22/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I haven't much to say about Alien.
It's the ultimate sweet warm jasmine bomb and very recognizable but rather linear.
Amazing sillage and longevity as with all TMs.
I appreciate the quality but don't care for the actual perfume, prefer my jasmin discreet and delicate (like Jasminora by Guerlain) rather than bombastic and futuristic.
The only flanker I can see myself buying so far is Essence Absolue - .feels more cozy and rounded.

Popular Fragrances