Thierry Mugler Alien

3.8

on 10/15/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Good lord. This fragrance is so one-note. I got a sample of it thinking I'd love it (I love Michael Kors and reviewers often draw parallels between that frag and this one) but oh god, no. It screams at you like a bad 80's hair metal song. It's not a definite scrubber but I couldn't wait for it to dry down and fade a bit. I liked the one note I could pick out but it smelled incredibly synthetic. I much prefer Angel to this but even then, I wouldn't spend my hard earned cash on it. The only upside? It's not boring!

on 1/10/2012 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I paid 39.50 for the 30ml which I think is quite a lot! I think I was just under the control of the fumes in the store and just bought it. The main reason I bought it was for the jasmine scent. It's definitely there and I love it. Also the price is definitely justifiable because one spray on your wrist and you can dab that over your whole body. I honestly can't describe the scent, I can't believe there's only three notes because it smells so complex and wonderful!

I definitely would not judge on first sniff, it seems to vary over time. It's like buying multiple perfumes and smelling new scents ever once in a while!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have to admit that I really dislike Thierry Mugler's fragrances. I'm really into sophisticated smelling perfumes but somehow I just cannot like Thierry mugler's fragrances. But when I smelled alien I was definitely extremely shocked that FINALLY there was a scent that I could luv! And alien was it. It's such a nice sweet smelling perfume and very sophisticated. And has none of that nasty smelling armpit smell like all the other Thierry Mugler perfumes. This is one of my top perfumes that I love next to juicy couture the first fragrance and bvlgari omnia amethyst. Definitely smell before purchasing because many people tend to say it smells like old lady which is not the case with me.

on 4/20/2011 8:09:00 PM

It's smells like old lady on me. Way too nauseating for me to wear.

I tried a spritz on my wrist and figured I would tough it out to see the dry down only to be disappointed by a powdery old lady smell.

Not good.

on 8/7/2010 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my favorite perfume so far. i looove the smell! its different from other fragrances. i don't give 5 stars because its very pricey, but totally worth it!

on 5/31/2010 7:26:00 AM

Alien - the best fragrance ever :X I'm lovin it!!! :X

WOW....I think I've found my signature scent!! Or at least as close as I can get to one. :) I'm addicted to this scent. As others have described....it's sweet (without it being the mass produced bubblegum/cookie type scents), yet sexy (my male coworker couldn't get enough of this!) and very unique. I've never smelled anything like this before, very very different from the mass perfumes that have been released in the past few years. I love how they give you the refillable option. Would repurchase this again in a heartbeat. It's definitely very strong...so on a workday, one squirt is enough to give you sillage throughout the day. Amazing stuff!!! :)

Edited 7/16/10: Just wanted to add that every time I wear this fragrance when going out, both men and women would compliment me every time! I had a DJ at a lounge as well as one of my gfs comment on how I smelled soooo good and asked for the name of my perfume. lol Definitely a keeper!!

on 8/15/2009 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I love this perfume. It's very warm, distinctive & weird! On me this smells ridiculously good, sweet, creamy big beautiful jasmine, musky & slightly spicy. The jasmine in this is bold, loud & butch. This sweet sambac jasmine is tempered by a slightly sour note that is reminiscent of grapefruit that makes the sweet creaminess in this perfume slightly less sweet. On the right person, this is a dream! Definitely try before you buy. Also i think one spray on your cleavage is more than enough. Two sprays of this is over kill!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I agree with the general consensus that Alien smells like something akin to 80s-imbued mutant grapes. It's bald-facedly brazen, lewd and olfactorily garish. Therein lies its appeal; it smells like nothing I've smelled before (Alien, common-smelling?! You've gotta be shitting me!!!). Not a scent for the faint of heart, but I appreciate its intense yet free-spirited character. Kudos to the fact that Mugler dares to be defiantly different with this one. Ironically, its the men of impeccable taste (far too far and few!) that comment on how good Alien smells on me. ;)

p.s. I can't help BUT compare. For the record, I HATE Angel for all its plasticky vanilla grandeur.

on 5/5/2008 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

i just receive the sample that i've bought from ebay today,wow first spritz i dont like it..smell is sharp like an old lady...

Popular Fragrances