Thierry Mugler Alien

Thierry Mugler  Alien
Alien

3.7

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Alien EDT is my signature scent. I don't even know what it is about it that makes it so me--it could be the fact that it is pretty and mysterious at the same time; it could be that it is sweet and soft and woody all at the same time and in perfect balance; it could be that I like the name and the bottle and I am just projecting my uniqueness onto the fragrance. Who knows? I like the scent a lot, so much so that I also bought one of its flankers recently. It is kinda strong, but it is still a good every day fragrance for me. It lasts really well on my skin, and sometimes I can even still smell it on the second day before I take a shower. I do love the packaging as well, the bottle is super cool and unique, and the purple color is so pretty. I wear this at least a couple of times a week, and it definitely makes me feel the most like myself when I wear it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In the bottle it's very soft, powdery and feminine. Elegant. My skin chemistry just doesn't agree with it at all - on me it smells cheap and like something your 70 year old grandma would wear.

on 12/22/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One of my all time favourite perfumes. This has such an alluring and curious scent it's like nothing I've ever smelt before. I've had many perfumes before and in all the years I've been buying my own beauty products I've never found a scent I've literally had to have. I my first bottle of this last Christmas and was totally gutted when I misplaced it at a soft play area shortly after. Luckily someone handed it in and I was able to get it back. I would definitely repurchase this as this is a staple in my collection.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I adore this perfume so, so much, but it may not be for everyone. I like this so much more than I liked Angel. In fact I didn't like Angel at all, so I'm genuinely surprised I love this. I have the Alien EDP slender spray wand (.23 fl. oz.).

I haven't been this excited about a fragrance in years. As many have mentioned, it has excellent staying power. I find that just one spray, two maximum, is plenty. Sitting here typing this, I can still smell this faintly on my jacket over one week after having worn the fragrance. I can't stop sniffing it. As for the notes, I'm bad at describing them and I smell more than the # of notes that are listed for it, anyway. I definitely smell grape during one phase of this, in addition to the jasmine and vanilla.

Sadly, my husband is somewhat split on it. Sometimes he really likes it and sometimes he's overwhelmed by it and wants me to return it. That's why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 -- because it has a decided presence and sillage, it asserts itself. It won't be universally appealing or inoffensive to everyone around you, maybe not even to the majority. And not appealing to the masses is not necessarily a bad thing-- but its lack of universal appeal is something to keep in mind, especially if you plan to wear it in a work setting or a crowded setting, especially if you work closely with others or with the public.

I read that some reviewers said this smells better in cooler weather. I can definitely see how this would be the case. With so much jasmine, this scent could expand in the heat, becoming somewhat suffocating, and now that I think about it, the times that my husband became overwhelmed by it, it was on warmer days.

on 2/28/2016 10:48:00 PM

This has been my holy grail perfume since high school. Its the longest lasting perfume I've ever owned. And I always get compliments on it.

on 5/23/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This perfume smells like it has many notes and it goes through several changes on the skin. I don't find what it settles into pleasing enough to repurchase, however. When I first spray it there is a burst of something nice but hard to describe. Once it hits the skin it smells like artificial grape and black pepper to me along with a floral scent. As it dries it becomes more floral and musky. It is a very strong fragrance and lasts long. It does not smell natural, as has been pointed out. I'm not a fan of most florals so I don't enjoy what it becomes eventually on the skin. To me it starts out interesting but becomes dull.

on 12/14/2014 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This perfume is so unique! I feel so elegant and powerful when I'm wearing it!

I know it lasts for a long time because if my sister try's to sneak a few sprays, I can detect it as soon as I step into the house! (Mind you, I'm like a bloodhound when it comes to people thieving my perfumes!)

It is however a very strong perfume and is definitely it not something you'd want to drench yourself with before going out, unless your sadistic and want to choke the people around you..

I am definitely going to be head over heels in love with this perfume and it's sister Angel, for years to come!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love the bottle. The smell is very lovely but unfortunately it just doesn't last on my skin. I wish it did because it's such a nice scent. Not worth the money in my opinion because I have to spray a few times a day.

on 9/29/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had gone to Macy's in search of a new perfume. I sprayed it and wasn't crazy about it at first. I got home and smelt my wrist where I sprayed and couldn't stop smelling it. The scent had changed on my skin. I knew I had to have it. I just purchased this perfume and absolutely love it. It's such a different scent then any other perfume out there. People on here review that it's strong. But, that's whats great about it. Other perfumes I have to douse myself in so you can smell it. This perfume you only need a spritz or 2 and you're good to go. I can't complain about the price because I waste way more of my other perfumes by reapplying. This perfume you don't need to reapply. My boyfriend loves the smell. He always says he likes my perfume but this one is by far his favorite. I will always keep this perfume in stock.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely love this it's my favourite! Smells gorgeous and the fragrance actually lasts all day with out re applying. People always comment how nice my perfume is when I have it on!

Popular Fragrances