Thierry Mugler Alien

Alien

3.3

on 6/22/2017 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

No, I'm not going to talk about notes. I'm done with that. No 5, Je Reviens, Joy, and Arpege ALL contain jasmine, rose, bergamot and oak moss and smell nothing alike. Something contains iris? Which one? Ask Maurice Roucel how many different iris ingredients there are.

All that said, this is supposed to be a white floral, and jasmine based. I had not worn it in a while. When I wore in previously, it smelled like a sweet masculine fragrance that had lingered on a serge suit back from the dry cleaners. Maybe I tried it in winter.

Now it is summer. And what a difference. This thing explodes into a neon bright flower that seems to have been plucked from Rappaccini's garden. It seems frighteningly powerful and perhaps a bit sinister. It smells like no living blossom I have ever encountered and screams of being a product of the test tube. Sometimes that's just what you want. I imagine that Poison Ivy smells like this when she overpowers Batman. Just loaded with aldehydes which turn into fireworks on the skin.

There are days when nothing else will do.

on 10/31/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Such a unique, long-lastingm complex and wonderful fragrance. This one is powerful so I go easy. It really smells fabulous sprayed on clothes and worn in temperatures under 60. It smells grapey and flowery. I hate vanilla fragrances and this one might have a little bit but it stays in the background. Alien is a great name because this fragrance is so deceptive and difficult to describe but I love it. Angel on the other hand is a nightmare and should be called Schizo

on 12/14/2014 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This perfume is so unique! I feel so elegant and powerful when I'm wearing it!

I know it lasts for a long time because if my sister try's to sneak a few sprays, I can detect it as soon as I step into the house! (Mind you, I'm like a bloodhound when it comes to people thieving my perfumes!)

It is however a very strong perfume and is definitely it not something you'd want to drench yourself with before going out, unless your sadistic and want to choke the people around you..

I am definitely going to be head over heels in love with this perfume and it's sister Angel, for years to come!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love the bottle. The smell is very lovely but unfortunately it just doesn't last on my skin. I wish it did because it's such a nice scent. Not worth the money in my opinion because I have to spray a few times a day.

on 10/15/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Good lord. This fragrance is so one-note. I got a sample of it thinking I'd love it (I love Michael Kors and reviewers often draw parallels between that frag and this one) but oh god, no. It screams at you like a bad 80's hair metal song. It's not a definite scrubber but I couldn't wait for it to dry down and fade a bit. I liked the one note I could pick out but it smelled incredibly synthetic. I much prefer Angel to this but even then, I wouldn't spend my hard earned cash on it. The only upside? It's not boring!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Ewwww!!! This perfume is terrible, smelt like plastic powder and a granny. Stay miles away from it!! Thank God i didn't pay for it.

on 7/20/2013 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got samples of it and it definitely isn't my fragrance.

I'm a not a floral scents person, for some reason they make my head hurt and don't blend well with my chemistry. This fragrance has strong jasmine in it, there's musk and amber but the fragrance still comes off as a very deep floral. Because of this, I can't imagine anyone wearing this during the daytime but it can be a good option for a night out.

I kind of feel it's unfair to review fragrances, since it's such a personal choice, but if anyone is like me and dislikes florals, I'd advice you to certainly try it first. If you're looking for a fragrance to go out at night, something that it's very deep and floral, you might like it.

on 3/22/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I haven't much to say about Alien.
It's the ultimate sweet warm jasmine bomb and very recognizable but rather linear.
Amazing sillage and longevity as with all TMs.
I appreciate the quality but don't care for the actual perfume, prefer my jasmin discreet and delicate (like Jasminora by Guerlain) rather than bombastic and futuristic.
The only flanker I can see myself buying so far is Essence Absolue - .feels more cozy and rounded.

on 4/28/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is definitely a floral scent. The top note is jasmine. I could definitely see that, on me the top note stays there for a while, which smells amplified. That's my only turn off about this perfume.

After about an hour I can see that woodenness coming in with that amber. When it all simmers down after that one hour the scent is so pleasing, it's a very oriental scent which is what I lovvveee about this. It's very different from my other perfumes, most in which are sweet and girly. This is a definitely an oriental scent with that slight hit of sweetness (I'm not sure where the sweetness comes from). I almost see it as a more "higher" end version of the Japanese Cherry Blossom line Bath and Body works have.

I wish the top note wouldn't turn me off though, everything else is lovely except for that, at least on me. I also like the the lasting power... it'll last me all day with no debate.

I've only tried the sample version, but this is something I would defiantly put on my wish list. I think of it as a winter scent, but it's very wearable for the summer. If you like oriental scents and they smell good on you I highly recommend this.

on 1/10/2012 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I paid 39.50 for the 30ml which I think is quite a lot! I think I was just under the control of the fumes in the store and just bought it. The main reason I bought it was for the jasmine scent. It's definitely there and I love it. Also the price is definitely justifiable because one spray on your wrist and you can dab that over your whole body. I honestly can't describe the scent, I can't believe there's only three notes because it smells so complex and wonderful!

I definitely would not judge on first sniff, it seems to vary over time. It's like buying multiple perfumes and smelling new scents ever once in a while!

Popular Fragrances