Thierry Mugler Alien

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Thierry Mugler  Alien
Alien

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Alien EDT is my signature scent. I don't even know what it is about it that makes it so me--it could be the fact that it is pretty and mysterious at the same time; it could be that it is sweet and soft and woody all at the same time and in perfect balance; it could be that I like the name and the bottle and I am just projecting my uniqueness onto the fragrance. Who knows? I like the scent a lot, so much so that I also bought one of its flankers recently. It is kinda strong, but it is still a good every day fragrance for me. It lasts really well on my skin, and sometimes I can even still smell it on the second day before I take a shower. I do love the packaging as well, the bottle is super cool and unique, and the purple color is so pretty. I wear this at least a couple of times a week, and it definitely makes me feel the most like myself when I wear it.

on 6/22/2017 2:16:00 PM

I do like white florals. They're not my favorite, but I like them. My body chemistry rounds out sharp notes and makes them sweeter, less acrid. A well-blended gardenia makes my senses sing. That being said, this is beyond horrendous on me. Alien is the only scent that has ever forced me to hop in the shower after application. And it's so strong, with off-the-charts longevity (why can't my faves be like this??). It's difficult for me to describe, since it's a memory I kind of want to block, but Alien is a: dirty to the point of filthiness, synthetic, high-frequency jasmine. It's like getting blasted in the nostrils by the moist, pollen-y center of a flower grown in a sci-fi-movie laboratory, as it looms like an evil overlord spraying its unwanted seed onto your flesh. You are in its clutches; it cackles at your misfortune.

I do not like Alien, lol.
I have a relative this smells amazing on, though. Skin chemistry is legit crazy.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a small mini bottle of this & I liked it so much I got a dupe by Fragrance Scents And More off evilbay $7 for 1/3oz I love the heavily heavenly jasmine scent of this. I am going to buy a real one I miss my mini 1 so much I used it up as soon as I got it haha i love Angel & Alien Thierry Mugler is AFAIC he's just as good as Jacque Polges his prices are slightly better (I remember my chanel Beige being like $200 I am coveting angel I got a hair perfume on order & received a travel spray as a gift I also have 1oz of oil dupe for $14 from FSAM same place I get all my dupes! I want to try the Angel dupe from Walgreens! Enough on angel) alien is so diff than anything on the market it's got a weird name for an odd (in-a-good-way!) scent it's beautiful like something otherworldly not meant to exist amongst us commoners "earthlings" just a vapour trail up to heaven. I really need more samples of this. Curse my xmas gift starting an expensive habit heh jk next pay day getting a bottle of this!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In the bottle it's very soft, powdery and feminine. Elegant. My skin chemistry just doesn't agree with it at all - on me it smells cheap and like something your 70 year old grandma would wear.

This perfume to me is delishous. I adore white florals and since I've been collecting attars from the East and a lot have a strong Jasmine scent going on that I really like. So I finally decided to try this because of my Jasmine obsession and I just adore this perfume. I'll say this I've not smelled a scent with Jasmine like Alien. I love the amber and the wood in it too. But I mostly get the white floral that I love so much. For me I've only worn this in cold weather and I think it smells amazing in this kind of weather. I've read this doesn't play well in warm weather but I'm still going to try it and decide for myself whether that's true or not. Since I like Alien I also picked up the Essence Absolue and I love that too but Alien is my favorite.

I would say this as I purchased this on a blind buy and I think it worked out for me, because I love white florals. I find them heady, narcotic, and amazing so if you like them you could like Alien. Also I don't smell much of the wood I get mainly a very linear scent on me it's like a spicy Jasmine, very unique if you ask me. I also got the refillable bottle as the refills are less expensive so that's a good thing for me. I can see why this scent is polarizing but I love it. If you're a white floral fan do give it a sniff even if you don't like it I think it's scent that should be smelt at least once if you love Jasmine. Also this lasts for hours and hours on me.

on 11/26/2016 7:26:00 AM

Feel as if I've bought a different Alien to everyone else. Most reviews here indicate that it's a strong, longlasting perfume. I bought it recently, having being attracted to the scent after smelling it in a shop and reading MUA reviews. But it does absolutely nothing on me. I spray on twice as much as any other perfume I have, and after a few minutes, it's as if I have no perfume on. Am really disappointed, and can't understand why. Any ideas? Or maybe I have bought a dud. I bought it in the duty free on a plane.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I would have to say that this is in my top 5 perfumes of all time. It's one that i tend to choose when i don't know what to wear and you have to be feeling a little bit more daring to grab angel! But i love that this is different, original, yet still not too daring to grab last minute every day. It tends to be the one I go to when i don't have any particular idea in mind. Probably better for night but i still love to wear it during the day as well. My first admittedly chosen significant signature scent! You must try this! For those who don't like angel... i still recommend that you try this. I don't always like angel too depending on my mood/feel but i always love this. The woody jasmine amber scent is beautiful, classy but still sexy!

on 3/9/2016 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

my favorite so nice and refillable bottles make it worth it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love it. So interesting and different. Definitely wouldn't work for everyone or every situation. Good staying power.

on 12/15/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I tried this on a tester strip and fell in love. It was a blast of rude jasmine with some hairspray and grape around the edges. It really smelled like something from space. I tried it on my skin and it was like a completely different perfume. The jasmine lost its sluttiness and grew up into something drier and more austere and all this amber/vanilla warmth emerged out of nowhere to dominate the scent. As it developed, I realized that I had inadvertantly sprayed on the signature scent of my 60 year old aunt! She's extremely fashionable, but still. At that point I was done. This is a pleasant, agreeable warm glowy smell but it ended up being too mature for me. I could see revisiting this down the road because it is a lovely composition. My boyfriend hated it. He is a fan of vintage "old lady" fragrances on me but this is one falls in the uncanny valley of loud suburban mom smells.

Popular Fragrances