Thierry Mugler Alien

Alien

3.7

on 9/6/2017 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Medium

Tried a sample of this last night. One spray on my arm. Strong woody jasmine scent filled most of our big livingroom and my husband said it was way too much. I liked it the first hour, then I got almost sick of it, but didn't wash it off - want ed to get "the whole story". This morning it was still on, more woody then. Lastet about 20 hours, so good for those who like the Alien. Too much for me and hubby.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I adore this perfume so, so much, but it may not be for everyone. I like this so much more than I liked Angel. In fact I didn't like Angel at all, so I'm genuinely surprised I love this. I have the Alien EDP slender spray wand (.23 fl. oz.).

I haven't been this excited about a fragrance in years. As many have mentioned, it has excellent staying power. I find that just one spray, two maximum, is plenty. Sitting here typing this, I can still smell this faintly on my jacket over one week after having worn the fragrance. I can't stop sniffing it. As for the notes, I'm bad at describing them and I smell more than the # of notes that are listed for it, anyway. I definitely smell grape during one phase of this, in addition to the jasmine and vanilla.

Sadly, my husband is somewhat split on it. Sometimes he really likes it and sometimes he's overwhelmed by it and wants me to return it. That's why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 -- because it has a decided presence and sillage, it asserts itself. It won't be universally appealing or inoffensive to everyone around you, maybe not even to the majority. And not appealing to the masses is not necessarily a bad thing-- but its lack of universal appeal is something to keep in mind, especially if you plan to wear it in a work setting or a crowded setting, especially if you work closely with others or with the public.

I read that some reviewers said this smells better in cooler weather. I can definitely see how this would be the case. With so much jasmine, this scent could expand in the heat, becoming somewhat suffocating, and now that I think about it, the times that my husband became overwhelmed by it, it was on warmer days.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Have an EDT... (A tiny trial size spray bottle)
Was really hoping to enjoy Alian EDT, its a fresh, light, airy woody white floral but I have a very similar scent in the Avon Strictly Come collection. The Avon Strictly Come Dancing - Strictly Fabulous that I have, starts off a little differently only to settle within a few minutes into such a similar scent to Alian EDT that it makes me decide to not buy this scent. I was really hoping to get an Alian so will go try the original next time.

...So next time has arrived and now I have the EDP, bought a small bottle.
Alian Edp is long lasting, smells a little different to the Edt. It is a sharp laundry fresh fragrance which has a more floral scent than my other laundry fresh fragrance (Glow by Jo Lo), but no doubt I still wear my Glow by Jo Lo. I find laundry fresh scents easy to wear when there is no time to put thought into what fragrance to present to the world. Alian Edp smells like a mix of Strictly Come Dancing Strictly Fabulous and Glow, probably leaning more towards Strictly Come Dancing.
I don't think I will buy Alian again, not only because I can make this mix myself, but I totally don't like the bottle, its not easy to use as there is limited control over how much you spray, the bottle looks nice but does not operate with ease.
• My new update...
I tried my Edt tester again and have now decided that I prefer the Edt, its fresher and stronger than the Edp, and overall smells better but I still won't be buying this scent again, Edp or Edt.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My absolute favorite perfume in the world that I've ever tried. I am so crazy about it! I smelled it on a client at my work and I had to ask her what she was wearing because the scent was downright intoxicating to me. I debated for months if I needed to buy it because it is really expensive and I have a big perfume collection already, but I found a bottle online someone didn't want and was selling cheaply. I can't say enough good things about this perfume! Every single person at my work has asked me what I'm wearing and some of my friends have even bought it after smelling it on me! I love the white floral in it SO MUCH. The top notes can be slightly heavy but my favorite is the dry down. It smells so clean and fresh, like soap or rain. I love how long it lasts too. I only spray one spritz on my neck and one on my wrists and it lasts literally all day. Alien is a winner for me and it's safe to say I'll keep repurchasing!

on 8/3/2014 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing this sent on and off for years. But I agree it is truly the marmite of perfumes - you either love it or hate it! I use it with the body cream and the smell stays all day, even when I can't smell it off myself! But I do understand why others would say it gives them sore heads etc. it's a strong scent and I can pick up the smell of it off someone else straight away. The good thing about this perfume is that with some of the bottles you can get them refilled so saves you money in the long run.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Alien is such a gorgeous smell. So unique and sensual, slightly ethereal and very alienesque. I ran out of my first bottle and am excited to purchase another. The purple and gold bottle is also beautiful, sort of exotic or medieval looking, and very much stands out.

on 5/8/2013 5:35:00 AM

I adore Alien. It's rich and lush but still 'clean', Still one of the most original juices out there, it's not for anyone younger than 25 in my opinion but still it's not mature or a 'diva'. It has a non domineering presence. Soothing even with it's warm spiciness. I'd wear this day and night, summer and winter. My only trouble is on my skin (nc20 from mac), it does not shimmer as it does on other people. How many times I asked a lady about her perfume and it was Alien. But on me it becomes a one-dimensional, musky fragrance and it becomes 'heavier'. Well, that's to do with my skin chemistry. This perfume is absolute must have if it suits your skin.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I really like this fragrance, I receive more compliments on this scent than any of my others. Lasts all day.......or night!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Sweet baby Jesus, this is my all time favorite perfume! The smell is so unique and you can tell when someone is wearing it. It lasts all day, and i mean it! I always get compliments on it, and even when i cant smell it anymore people are still asking you what perfume you are wearing. I have yet to find someone who doesn't like the scent, so go and smell it! :)

Welch's Grape Juice + Toxic Synthetic Jasmine = THIS. And if you want it off, you may just have to get it surgically removed. Best of luck! :)

Popular Fragrances