Thierry Mugler Alien

Thierry Mugler  Alien
Alien

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a small mini bottle of this & I liked it so much I got a dupe by Fragrance Scents And More off evilbay $7 for 1/3oz I love the heavily heavenly jasmine scent of this. I am going to buy a real one I miss my mini 1 so much I used it up as soon as I got it haha i love Angel & Alien Thierry Mugler is AFAIC he's just as good as Jacque Polges his prices are slightly better (I remember my chanel Beige being like $200 I am coveting angel I got a hair perfume on order & received a travel spray as a gift I also have 1oz of oil dupe for $14 from FSAM same place I get all my dupes! I want to try the Angel dupe from Walgreens! Enough on angel) alien is so diff than anything on the market it's got a weird name for an odd (in-a-good-way!) scent it's beautiful like something otherworldly not meant to exist amongst us commoners "earthlings" just a vapour trail up to heaven. I really need more samples of this. Curse my xmas gift starting an expensive habit heh jk next pay day getting a bottle of this!!!!

on 7/19/2013 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this scent, it's very complex, signature- people will know what you're wearing at first whiff. It is very potent, a bit goes a long way. This lasts for hours on me, and I simply love this scent as much at the end of the night as when I first spritzed it on. Going out at night is when I wear this fragrance, it's too bold for everyday or office wear. I usually exclusively like scents where fruit/tropical notes are dominant, which is not the case with this scent. I first tried this in a sample, and i did not like it much at first, liked it much better the 2nd and 3rd time around. Angel is just ok to me, i like this scent much better. The flacon is gorgeous, and I don't care for packaging, I care for what's inside, but it doesn't hurt. I ordered a small size of the sunessence version- I hope i love it as much!

on 4/27/2013 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance, I like a scent I can smell all day, one that makes me want to keep sniffing my wrists. The closest I can come to as a comparison is red door by arden. It is very similar, yet softer and not cloying (which is why red door is in the drawer, not on me).
Alien also reminds me of a scent from the 70's which I know not the manufacturer - only one word on the bottle - "civet", which was a very clean musky scent. I love this perfume, it is sweeter than I like (my favs are boyfriend, clean ultimate and amazing grace). Alien is close to boyfriend, but its scent signature is unique and there is nothing exactly like it that I have found. Very pretty and sexy, use it lightly, it lasts (I like that)!

on 1/6/2012 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

While working in cosmetics and fragrance for a department store over the holidays, I acquainted myself with pretty much every tester bottle sitting out on a daily basis. Hey, I couldn't do my job without forming an opinion on all of them, right? In the early days of working in fragrance, posting up right next to the Thierry Mugler reps was the most out-of-the-way spot, so I got to know the Chanels, TMs, and Burberrys pretty well. The formidable Angel, surprisingly, grew on me over time, despite my first impression of raisins when I first smelled it. This seems to be the story with everyone who eventually likes Angel.

But this is a review about Alien. The bottle is what first drew me in -- like something out of The Fifth Element. Milla Jovovich would've totally taken this out and sprayed it on herself in the movie, if she, y'know, knew what the hell perfume was. My favorite shade of purple (deep, royal, Mardi-Gras purple) with gold claw-like accents. I don't have my sample in front of me, but it's like Angel's sweet little sister. The one who wears skirts all the time and pink lip gloss but will still lay your ass out if you get handsy. Angel will do the same, but Angel has the voice of a career chain smoker. Alien sings soprano in the local church choir.

All I know is that one night I got to a party wearing Alien and started hugging everyone, and down the line every single person said some variant of, "You smell like heaven," which is ad nauseam what the first person I greeted said. Go sniff it for yourself.

on 8/11/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I HATE this. Smells like men's cologne, and really spicy. It honestly smells like BO! My boyfriend asked me to take a shower after testing this...UGH. So gross. Don't buy it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Sambac (Asian) jasmine has a completely different fragrance from the more common French/Arabian jasmine: richer, more seductive, and without the animalic undercurrent in French Jasmine that always smelled like manure to me. It's commonly used in Chinese tea, something I have trouble imagining doing with French jasmine.
Alien has a huge Sambac note, which smells quite similar to a sample of natural Sambac absolute I have--this is either a natural extract, or an incredibly well-done artificial jasmine. In any case, it is lovely.
The jasmine is backed by warm, white musk and a lovely oriental amber-and-woods accord. Overall, I think I'd call it a politely sexy floral oriental.
Lovely bottle, as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this even more than Angel, which I adore. Where I find Angel slightly masculine (in a good way) on my skin, Alien is all woman. A gorgeous, sexy, mysterious scent that is like pure magic when it touches my flesh. The bottle is amongst the most unique I've ever come across. Depending on how you look at it, it either looks like a precious gem or an alien. And the lasting power of this perfume is insane: I put it on before I go to work, and I'm still getting compliments on it 7 hours later! This perfume only improves as the day goes on. My new HG scent, without a doubt. And every time someone asks what I'm wearing and I tell them "Alien", I never tire of the weird look I get. Oh, and you won't smell like every other woman out there because it isn't a well-known scent, a definite plus for those (like me) who like to stand out.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love Alien. I was an Angel girl before but after a while all i could smell was wood! Alien is light and feminine and all the guys ask me " what you wearing, you smell nice?" LOL

on 1/4/2008 1:46:00 PM

Wow, where do I start?
This starts off with big bad-girl jasmine. She sashays into the room, all eyes upon her, and no one else but her. The jasmine is very heady, and would probably scare off alot of suitors within the first 10 minutes.
It does smell grape-ish to me, and I am not the best at picking out all of the notes in a perfume.
The opening notes kind of remind me of the jasmine in Anna Sui perfume (I no longer have this perfume, and could not compare side by side, but this is what it called to mind for me). It started out very, well "alien" in a way. It seems cool, if not a little stand offish.
That being said, I was so glad I waiting for the first blast to mellow down. I was richly rewarded for my patience, for when it the middle and dry-down developed, it turned into this warm enveloping beauty, which was similar to how Flowerbomb in its final stages was to me. I found this to be very sexy and sure of itself, I have come to love this. No, it wouldn't be an everyday fragrance for me, something on a night out with the girls, or home alone with a glass of wine on a cold, rainy or snowy day. I feel the more I wear this, the more I can't get enough of it.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???? I thought that Light Blue was the worst smelling fragrance I have ever tried, but I see I was wrong - it is not Light Blue - it is Alien!!!! I like warm fragrances but this one is warm in strange way, I like sweet fragrances but this one is sweet in strange way, I like purple fragrances but this one is purple in strange way. Yes, totally an ALIEN!!! hands off!!!

Popular Fragrances