Thierry Mugler Alien

Alien

3.7

on 12/22/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One of my all time favourite perfumes. This has such an alluring and curious scent it's like nothing I've ever smelt before. I've had many perfumes before and in all the years I've been buying my own beauty products I've never found a scent I've literally had to have. I my first bottle of this last Christmas and was totally gutted when I misplaced it at a soft play area shortly after. Luckily someone handed it in and I was able to get it back. I would definitely repurchase this as this is a staple in my collection.

on 11/26/2016 7:26:00 AM

Feel as if I've bought a different Alien to everyone else. Most reviews here indicate that it's a strong, longlasting perfume. I bought it recently, having being attracted to the scent after smelling it in a shop and reading MUA reviews. But it does absolutely nothing on me. I spray on twice as much as any other perfume I have, and after a few minutes, it's as if I have no perfume on. Am really disappointed, and can't understand why. Any ideas? Or maybe I have bought a dud. I bought it in the duty free on a plane.

on 3/28/2016 1:12:00 PM

One of my favourite scents ever. Long lasting, people are forever asking what the scent is 💫

on 12/7/2015 4:45:00 PM

One of my favourite parfume ever! Long lasting !

I'm looking for years fragrance thet is going to suit on me perfect and finally I finde it! It's Alian! I love it! I feel with "Alian" like I always have some guardian with me:) I feel so strong! It's just crazy thet this perfume gives me an extra power! I feel so great! I don't want to repeat what adar women's has already sey, but it's really long lasting smell. It s long lasting, specific- uniq, verry extraordinary, powerful, outstanding, Sexy, very futuristic. It is a scient for woman's who knows who they are and don't afraid to explore and experiment in life, for " visionary woman's ✈️

on 9/20/2014 8:40:00 AM

This is quite hard to review as many others have expressed my sentiments. An interesting fragrance, quite strong and different and definitely not for the workplace. I would give it 3.5 stars if I could. Unfortunately it is not very versatile due to the polarizing elements. And one spray is enough!! I only wear once in a blue moon, so I would not repurchase as the bottle I have is likely to last longer than I will.

on 7/27/2014 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well I said I'd buy it - but only if I had money haha. I actually didn't try on the real perfume, it makes me shy to go to department stores and try out perfumes if I'm not planning to buy. But I was in a salon and all the women were going mad over an imitation perfume and it was the imitation to this one. So I tried it and I must say I really really liked just the imitation. So I imagine the real thing must be totally awesome. It does smell strong and sweet, but not in a cloying way. It smells very strong of jasmine and jasmine is my favourite scent, so it's not surprising that I like it. It smells sensual. There's also a bit of spiciness in it, the salon lady said it was "woody". So I guess you could describe it as spicy floral but not too sweet with a lot of jasmine and a bit of "wood" smell in it, like a freshly built table made from a good quality wood. The salon lady told me a lot of her clients who used this fragrance exclusively had the imitation perfume to wear every day and a bottle of the real perfume to use for special events. But I change perfumes every day and I get tired quickly of using the same fragrance all the time. So that wouldn't work for me. So I guess for the moment it's just the imitation perfume until I one day manage to get enough money for the real thing. Sigh.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I subscribe to the maxim that one is either a fan of Angel or Alien. I happen to be Team Angel but I wanted to try this scent because of the edgy bottle and interesting backstory. This fragrance has a sunblock-esque quality about it. I find that the grape and jasmine notes constitute most of the opening burst, and the amber settles in after a few hours. Alien is very much like Dior Poison to my nose. Both are very balsamic and unfortunately, my skin chemistry makes such scents smell like cough syrup. Still, a very complex and mysterious fragrance.

on 11/30/2013 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use the EDT almost every day, works amazingly with my natural scent. It feels luxurious but very cool and a touch edgy at the same time. I've got soooo many compliments when wearing it!

Only thing I don't like about it is that I can't pop the top off, so it can't be used with a Travalo -- but maybe it's just the EDT, never tried the EDP.

on 11/4/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have both EDP and EDT - this review is for the EDP.

Alien's notes, per parfumo.net: Jasmine sambac, Cashmere wood, Ambergris

Jasmine, wood, and amber. Jasmine can be a very bold white floral, and in Alien's case, I think it is. I have one word for Alien -- "harsh". It comes on strong, bold, scratchy, and rough to me, almost medicinal. Perfumey and aggressive. Even at drydown, the notes just don't ever meld together into a smooth, unified, cohesive, pretty scent.

May I add "grape" to that note list? Somehow it comes off "grapey" to me as well -- like a dark, scratchy, fermented, woody wine -- but I don't know where that grape feel comes from, since it's not in the note list. Alien also dries down a bit dusty/musty to me.

To my nose, Alien is in the same category as Poison and Guerlain Insolence -- deep purple grape mixed with dark woody mustiness. Mysterious & sexy? Maybe, but they're all heavy hitters. Alien, with that jasmine note, needs to be used carefully in order not to offend and overwhelm -- or give people headaches!

I bought my Alien EDP (gift set) on a cold, dark, overcast November day, and it was perfect for that weather and time of year, in my humble opinion. EDT is definitely lighter and may be preferable for many.

Popular Fragrances