Thierry Mugler Alien

Thierry Mugler  Alien
Alien

3.7

on 6/22/2017 2:16:00 PM

I do like white florals. They're not my favorite, but I like them. My body chemistry rounds out sharp notes and makes them sweeter, less acrid. A well-blended gardenia makes my senses sing. That being said, this is beyond horrendous on me. Alien is the only scent that has ever forced me to hop in the shower after application. And it's so strong, with off-the-charts longevity (why can't my faves be like this??). It's difficult for me to describe, since it's a memory I kind of want to block, but Alien is a: dirty to the point of filthiness, synthetic, high-frequency jasmine. It's like getting blasted in the nostrils by the moist, pollen-y center of a flower grown in a sci-fi-movie laboratory, as it looms like an evil overlord spraying its unwanted seed onto your flesh. You are in its clutches; it cackles at your misfortune.

I do not like Alien, lol.
I have a relative this smells amazing on, though. Skin chemistry is legit crazy.

No. Just no. Stop buying this, everybody. You smell terrible.

on 6/30/2016 8:24:00 AM

Alien edp review.
I was expecting a lot more from this fragrance.
I dislike it, I prefer Angel funny enough.

Horrid! Way too strong and musty- I smell this on people walking past in the street all the time and it makes me gag. Really unpleasant but is obviously like Marmite because some people absolutely love it!?

on 12/22/2013 11:02:00 AM

This is a horror of a scent. It seems to be worn by over-made-up late teens who have no idea of subtlety. I watched a shop assistant practically empty a bottle of it over her and it was like walking into a wall of scent and that would appear to be how anyone crazy enough to like this wears it. It's a hideous foul scent that I can smell metres from whoever is wearing it. A shocker.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Im not a perfume wearing type of girl. I initially smelled this in a magazine sample and loved it. It smelled so wonderfully good, unique, and captivating...in the magazine.

I bought it for Christmas and the bottle is still nearly full almost 2 years later. Im so glad I didnt allow my husband to talk me into buying the whole set.

About the smell...I can't put my finger on it and this will be interesting coming from a person who knows no flowers or plants etc...but if I were to tell you what it smells like, the closest thing I can associate it with is floral roach spray. There, I said it. Thats exactly what it smells like. Its a keen, overpowering, looooonglasting fragrance. I asked my husband to smell it and he withdrew from my neck and made an ugly face from the offensiveness of it. He was surprised it was the same perfume he had tried to pressure me into buying the bigger package of.

This doesnt smell good on me at all folks. You better take this on a test run before you commit to buy. I wish I had.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Ewwww!!! This perfume is terrible, smelt like plastic powder and a granny. Stay miles away from it!! Thank God i didn't pay for it.

on 7/20/2013 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got samples of it and it definitely isn't my fragrance.

I'm a not a floral scents person, for some reason they make my head hurt and don't blend well with my chemistry. This fragrance has strong jasmine in it, there's musk and amber but the fragrance still comes off as a very deep floral. Because of this, I can't imagine anyone wearing this during the daytime but it can be a good option for a night out.

I kind of feel it's unfair to review fragrances, since it's such a personal choice, but if anyone is like me and dislikes florals, I'd advice you to certainly try it first. If you're looking for a fragrance to go out at night, something that it's very deep and floral, you might like it.

Sex in a bottle, this stuff smells very pungent of jasmine,vanilla, amber, and musk. I love the concept and the bottle is nicely designed. They also have a refill option which is nice EDIT: It's a little stinky...

on 5/16/2012 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Soap. My first impression. Dishy soap or laundry powder. Nice scent for a cleaning product, but not for the price of this scent.
*UPDATE- Just went to bed and asked hubby what he thought of this scent: "Smells like my granny".

Popular Fragrances