Thierry Mugler Alien

Alien

3.7

on 11/3/2018 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For all my many fragrances I can name another perfume that smells similar to each, all except Alien. Nothing else smells like Thierry Mugler Alien. There are many jasmine scents on the market, but none other than Alien morphed jasmine into a beautifully odd ice princess. It's such an odd fragrance but I really love it. Although unique and very distinct in scent, it has become quite popular in recent years so you will recognize it on others while you're out. It's menthol, it's jasmine, it's strong, it's longlasting, and it gets compliments. Alien's a beast. This makes for a fabulous signature scent.

Try before you buy.

on 7/28/2018 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only tried a sample. Did not expect this to be ‘my fragrance’. But boy I was wrong. It smells heavenly (or divine, not sure about the right word to use here). It stays on forever. Will definitely purchase for winter - for summer it may be too heavy.

on 5/20/2018 2:19:00 PM

Jasmine heaven. I like how it stays on your clothes ALL day long. People will notice you when you have this on so be prepared lol. I tend to not wear it a lot for that reason but it’s out of this world good. A more gentle, daytime friendly version of this would be ysl black opium.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Alien EDP is my signature scent. I don't even know what it is about it that makes it so me--it could be the fact that it is pretty and mysterious at the same time; it could be that it is sweet and soft and woody all at the same time and in perfect balance; it could be that I like the name and the bottle and I am just projecting my uniqueness onto the fragrance. Who knows? I like the scent a lot, so much so that I also bought one of its flankers recently. It is kinda strong, but it is still a good every day fragrance for me. It lasts really well on my skin, and sometimes I can even still smell it on the second day before I take a shower. I do love the packaging as well, the bottle is super cool and unique, and the purple color is so pretty. I wear this at least a couple of times a week, and it definitely makes me feel the most like myself when I wear it.

on 9/6/2017 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Medium

Tried a sample of this last night. One spray on my arm. Strong woody jasmine scent filled most of our big livingroom and my husband said it was way too much. I liked it the first hour, then I got almost sick of it, but didn't wash it off - want ed to get "the whole story". This morning it was still on, more woody then. Lastet about 20 hours, so good for those who like the Alien. Too much for me and hubby.

on 6/22/2017 2:16:00 PM

I do like white florals. They're not my favorite, but I like them. My body chemistry rounds out sharp notes and makes them sweeter, less acrid. A well-blended gardenia makes my senses sing. That being said, this is beyond horrendous on me. Alien is the only scent that has ever forced me to hop in the shower after application. And it's so strong, with off-the-charts longevity (why can't my faves be like this??). It's difficult for me to describe, since it's a memory I kind of want to block, but Alien is a: dirty to the point of filthiness, synthetic, high-frequency jasmine. It's like getting blasted in the nostrils by the moist, pollen-y center of a flower grown in a sci-fi-movie laboratory, as it looms like an evil overlord spraying its unwanted seed onto your flesh. You are in its clutches; it cackles at your misfortune.

I do not like Alien, lol.
I have a relative this smells amazing on, though. Skin chemistry is legit crazy.

on 6/22/2017 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

No, I'm not going to talk about notes. I'm done with that. No 5, Je Reviens, Joy, and Arpege ALL contain jasmine, rose, bergamot and oak moss and smell nothing alike. Something contains iris? Which one? Ask Maurice Roucel how many different iris ingredients there are.

All that said, this is supposed to be a white floral, and jasmine based. I had not worn it in a while. When I wore in previously, it smelled like a sweet masculine fragrance that had lingered on a serge suit back from the dry cleaners. Maybe I tried it in winter.

Now it is summer. And what a difference. This thing explodes into a neon bright flower that seems to have been plucked from Rappaccini's garden. It seems frighteningly powerful and perhaps a bit sinister. It smells like no living blossom I have ever encountered and screams of being a product of the test tube. Sometimes that's just what you want. I imagine that Poison Ivy smells like this when she overpowers Batman. Just loaded with aldehydes which turn into fireworks on the skin.

There are days when nothing else will do.

I had a small mini bottle of this & I liked it so much I got a dupe by Fragrance Scents And More off evilbay $7 for 1/3oz I love the heavily heavenly jasmine scent of this. I am going to buy a real one I miss my mini 1 so much I used it up as soon as I got it haha i love Angel & Alien Thierry Mugler is AFAIC he's just as good as Jacque Polges his prices are slightly better (I remember my chanel Beige being like $200 I am coveting angel I got a hair perfume on order & received a travel spray as a gift I also have 1oz of oil dupe for $14 from FSAM same place I get all my dupes! I want to try the Angel dupe from Walgreens! Enough on angel) alien is so diff than anything on the market it's got a weird name for an odd (in-a-good-way!) scent it's beautiful like something otherworldly not meant to exist amongst us commoners "earthlings" just a vapour trail up to heaven. I really need more samples of this. Curse my xmas gift starting an expensive habit heh jk next pay day getting a bottle of this!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In the bottle it's very soft, powdery and feminine. Elegant. My skin chemistry just doesn't agree with it at all - on me it smells cheap and like something your 70 year old grandma would wear.

This perfume to me is delishous. I adore white florals and since I've been collecting attars from the East and a lot have a strong Jasmine scent going on that I really like. So I finally decided to try this because of my Jasmine obsession and I just adore this perfume. I'll say this I've not smelled a scent with Jasmine like Alien. I love the amber and the wood in it too. But I mostly get the white floral that I love so much. For me I've only worn this in cold weather and I think it smells amazing in this kind of weather. I've read this doesn't play well in warm weather but I'm still going to try it and decide for myself whether that's true or not. Since I like Alien I also picked up the Essence Absolue and I love that too but Alien is my favorite.

I would say this as I purchased this on a blind buy and I think it worked out for me, because I love white florals. I find them heady, narcotic, and amazing so if you like them you could like Alien. Also I don't smell much of the wood I get mainly a very linear scent on me it's like a spicy Jasmine, very unique if you ask me. I also got the refillable bottle as the refills are less expensive so that's a good thing for me. I can see why this scent is polarizing but I love it. If you're a white floral fan do give it a sniff even if you don't like it I think it's scent that should be smelt at least once if you love Jasmine. Also this lasts for hours and hours on me.

Popular Fragrances