Thierry Mugler Alien

Thierry Mugler  Alien
Alien

3.7

This perfume to me is delishous. I adore white florals and since I've been collecting attars from the East and a lot have a strong Jasmine scent going on that I really like. So I finally decided to try this because of my Jasmine obsession and I just adore this perfume. I'll say this I've not smelled a scent with Jasmine like Alien. I love the amber and the wood in it too. But I mostly get the white floral that I love so much. For me I've only worn this in cold weather and I think it smells amazing in this kind of weather. I've read this doesn't play well in warm weather but I'm still going to try it and decide for myself whether that's true or not. Since I like Alien I also picked up the Essence Absolue and I love that too but Alien is my favorite.

I would say this as I purchased this on a blind buy and I think it worked out for me, because I love white florals. I find them heady, narcotic, and amazing so if you like them you could like Alien. Also I don't smell much of the wood I get mainly a very linear scent on me it's like a spicy Jasmine, very unique if you ask me. I also got the refillable bottle as the refills are less expensive so that's a good thing for me. I can see why this scent is polarizing but I love it. If you're a white floral fan do give it a sniff even if you don't like it I think it's scent that should be smelt at least once if you love Jasmine. Also this lasts for hours and hours on me.

on 12/22/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One of my all time favourite perfumes. This has such an alluring and curious scent it's like nothing I've ever smelt before. I've had many perfumes before and in all the years I've been buying my own beauty products I've never found a scent I've literally had to have. I my first bottle of this last Christmas and was totally gutted when I misplaced it at a soft play area shortly after. Luckily someone handed it in and I was able to get it back. I would definitely repurchase this as this is a staple in my collection.

on 11/26/2016 7:26:00 AM

Feel as if I've bought a different Alien to everyone else. Most reviews here indicate that it's a strong, longlasting perfume. I bought it recently, having being attracted to the scent after smelling it in a shop and reading MUA reviews. But it does absolutely nothing on me. I spray on twice as much as any other perfume I have, and after a few minutes, it's as if I have no perfume on. Am really disappointed, and can't understand why. Any ideas? Or maybe I have bought a dud. I bought it in the duty free on a plane.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I adore this perfume so, so much, but it may not be for everyone. I like this so much more than I liked Angel. In fact I didn't like Angel at all, so I'm genuinely surprised I love this. I have the Alien EDP slender spray wand (.23 fl. oz.).

I haven't been this excited about a fragrance in years. As many have mentioned, it has excellent staying power. I find that just one spray, two maximum, is plenty. Sitting here typing this, I can still smell this faintly on my jacket over one week after having worn the fragrance. I can't stop sniffing it. As for the notes, I'm bad at describing them and I smell more than the # of notes that are listed for it, anyway. I definitely smell grape during one phase of this, in addition to the jasmine and vanilla.

Sadly, my husband is somewhat split on it. Sometimes he really likes it and sometimes he's overwhelmed by it and wants me to return it. That's why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 -- because it has a decided presence and sillage, it asserts itself. It won't be universally appealing or inoffensive to everyone around you, maybe not even to the majority. And not appealing to the masses is not necessarily a bad thing-- but its lack of universal appeal is something to keep in mind, especially if you plan to wear it in a work setting or a crowded setting, especially if you work closely with others or with the public.

I read that some reviewers said this smells better in cooler weather. I can definitely see how this would be the case. With so much jasmine, this scent could expand in the heat, becoming somewhat suffocating, and now that I think about it, the times that my husband became overwhelmed by it, it was on warmer days.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I would have to say that this is in my top 5 perfumes of all time. It's one that i tend to choose when i don't know what to wear and you have to be feeling a little bit more daring to grab angel! But i love that this is different, original, yet still not too daring to grab last minute every day. It tends to be the one I go to when i don't have any particular idea in mind. Probably better for night but i still love to wear it during the day as well. My first admittedly chosen significant signature scent! You must try this! For those who don't like angel... i still recommend that you try this. I don't always like angel too depending on my mood/feel but i always love this. The woody jasmine amber scent is beautiful, classy but still sexy!

on 9/21/2016 1:31:00 AM

Alien and I have a strange relationship... Some days I love it to the point of obsessive, repeated smelling of my own wrist. Other days I feel smothered by it. There are no guarantees with Alien.

Actually, no. There is one certainty with Alien and that is, men seem to love it me. Like, more than any other perfume in my size-able collection of 50+ scents. I have been stopped in the street numerous times by men commenting or inquiring for their wives/girlfriends. Women have commented too, but it's not as frequent. It's usually men.

This scent has a similar monstrous projection & longevity to its predecessor "Angel." Although, the scents themselves are nothing alike. The website claims there are only 3 notes in this but I detect a few more for SURE. Grape, vanilla, maybe even the most minute drop of sandalwood or patchouli. It smells far more complex at times than logic allows me to comprehend based on its note list.

Anyways, it's very good. I like it overall. It smells different on everyone though. Try it on skin, not paper. And be prepared for that monstrous longevity and silage we spoke of earlier.

No. Just no. Stop buying this, everybody. You smell terrible.

on 6/30/2016 8:24:00 AM

Alien edp review.
I was expecting a lot more from this fragrance.
I dislike it, I prefer Angel funny enough.

This is quite a strong scent. Not for the faint hearted. It has a 'dirtiness' scent to it. Perhaps sensual. Excellent lasting power (all day). Good sillage. I dont really like it and it could be offputting for many I think. It seems to be a love or hate thing!
It is meant to be a jasmine scent but jasmine seems to smell different in different perfumes. It doesnt smell like a natural jasmine at all. The scent is quite linear too.
It may be good for layering if youre in to layering perfumes.
The bottle is cool and unique.
I dont think products should be defined by age and more by taste/personality but I wouldnt give this to someone young as it seems more a grown up scent.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Have an EDT... (A tiny trial size spray bottle)
Was really hoping to enjoy Alian EDT, its a fresh, light, airy woody white floral but I have a very similar scent in the Avon Strictly Come collection. The Avon Strictly Come Dancing - Strictly Fabulous that I have, starts off a little differently only to settle within a few minutes into such a similar scent to Alian EDT that it makes me decide to not buy this scent. I was really hoping to get an Alian so will go try the original next time.

...So next time has arrived and now I have the EDP, bought a small bottle.
Alian Edp is long lasting, smells a little different to the Edt. It is a sharp laundry fresh fragrance which has a more floral scent than my other laundry fresh fragrance (Glow by Jo Lo), but no doubt I still wear my Glow by Jo Lo. I find laundry fresh scents easy to wear when there is no time to put thought into what fragrance to present to the world. Alian Edp smells like a mix of Strictly Come Dancing Strictly Fabulous and Glow, probably leaning more towards Strictly Come Dancing.
I don't think I will buy Alian again, not only because I can make this mix myself, but I totally don't like the bottle, its not easy to use as there is limited control over how much you spray, the bottle looks nice but does not operate with ease.
• My new update...
I tried my Edt tester again and have now decided that I prefer the Edt, its fresher and stronger than the Edp, and overall smells better but I still won't be buying this scent again, Edp or Edt.

Popular Fragrances