Thierry Mugler Alien

Thierry Mugler  Alien
Alien

3.7

on 6/22/2017 2:16:00 PM

I do like white florals. They're not my favorite, but I like them. My body chemistry rounds out sharp notes and makes them sweeter, less acrid. A well-blended gardenia makes my senses sing. That being said, this is beyond horrendous on me. Alien is the only scent that has ever forced me to hop in the shower after application. And it's so strong, with off-the-charts longevity (why can't my faves be like this??). It's difficult for me to describe, since it's a memory I kind of want to block, but Alien is a: dirty to the point of filthiness, synthetic, high-frequency jasmine. It's like getting blasted in the nostrils by the moist, pollen-y center of a flower grown in a sci-fi-movie laboratory, as it looms like an evil overlord spraying its unwanted seed onto your flesh. You are in its clutches; it cackles at your misfortune.

I do not like Alien, lol.
I have a relative this smells amazing on, though. Skin chemistry is legit crazy.

on 6/22/2017 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

No, I'm not going to talk about notes. I'm done with that. No 5, Je Reviens, Joy, and Arpege ALL contain jasmine, rose, bergamot and oak moss and smell nothing alike. Something contains iris? Which one? Ask Maurice Roucel how many different iris ingredients there are.

All that said, this is supposed to be a white floral, and jasmine based. I had not worn it in a while. When I wore in previously, it smelled like a sweet masculine fragrance that had lingered on a serge suit back from the dry cleaners. Maybe I tried it in winter.

Now it is summer. And what a difference. This thing explodes into a neon bright flower that seems to have been plucked from Rappaccini's garden. It seems frighteningly powerful and perhaps a bit sinister. It smells like no living blossom I have ever encountered and screams of being a product of the test tube. Sometimes that's just what you want. I imagine that Poison Ivy smells like this when she overpowers Batman. Just loaded with aldehydes which turn into fireworks on the skin.

There are days when nothing else will do.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a small mini bottle of this & I liked it so much I got a dupe by Fragrance Scents And More off evilbay $7 for 1/3oz I love the heavily heavenly jasmine scent of this. I am going to buy a real one I miss my mini 1 so much I used it up as soon as I got it haha i love Angel & Alien Thierry Mugler is AFAIC he's just as good as Jacque Polges his prices are slightly better (I remember my chanel Beige being like $200 I am coveting angel I got a hair perfume on order & received a travel spray as a gift I also have 1oz of oil dupe for $14 from FSAM same place I get all my dupes! I want to try the Angel dupe from Walgreens! Enough on angel) alien is so diff than anything on the market it's got a weird name for an odd (in-a-good-way!) scent it's beautiful like something otherworldly not meant to exist amongst us commoners "earthlings" just a vapour trail up to heaven. I really need more samples of this. Curse my xmas gift starting an expensive habit heh jk next pay day getting a bottle of this!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In the bottle it's very soft, powdery and feminine. Elegant. My skin chemistry just doesn't agree with it at all - on me it smells cheap and like something your 70 year old grandma would wear.

This perfume to me is delishous. I adore white florals and since I've been collecting attars from the East and a lot have a strong Jasmine scent going on that I really like. So I finally decided to try this because of my Jasmine obsession and I just adore this perfume. I'll say this I've not smelled a scent with Jasmine like Alien. I love the amber and the wood in it too. But I mostly get the white floral that I love so much. For me I've only worn this in cold weather and I think it smells amazing in this kind of weather. I've read this doesn't play well in warm weather but I'm still going to try it and decide for myself whether that's true or not. Since I like Alien I also picked up the Essence Absolue and I love that too but Alien is my favorite.

I would say this as I purchased this on a blind buy and I think it worked out for me, because I love white florals. I find them heady, narcotic, and amazing so if you like them you could like Alien. Also I don't smell much of the wood I get mainly a very linear scent on me it's like a spicy Jasmine, very unique if you ask me. I also got the refillable bottle as the refills are less expensive so that's a good thing for me. I can see why this scent is polarizing but I love it. If you're a white floral fan do give it a sniff even if you don't like it I think it's scent that should be smelt at least once if you love Jasmine. Also this lasts for hours and hours on me.

on 12/22/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One of my all time favourite perfumes. This has such an alluring and curious scent it's like nothing I've ever smelt before. I've had many perfumes before and in all the years I've been buying my own beauty products I've never found a scent I've literally had to have. I my first bottle of this last Christmas and was totally gutted when I misplaced it at a soft play area shortly after. Luckily someone handed it in and I was able to get it back. I would definitely repurchase this as this is a staple in my collection.

on 11/26/2016 7:26:00 AM

Feel as if I've bought a different Alien to everyone else. Most reviews here indicate that it's a strong, longlasting perfume. I bought it recently, having being attracted to the scent after smelling it in a shop and reading MUA reviews. But it does absolutely nothing on me. I spray on twice as much as any other perfume I have, and after a few minutes, it's as if I have no perfume on. Am really disappointed, and can't understand why. Any ideas? Or maybe I have bought a dud. I bought it in the duty free on a plane.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I adore this perfume so, so much, but it may not be for everyone. I like this so much more than I liked Angel. In fact I didn't like Angel at all, so I'm genuinely surprised I love this. I have the Alien EDP slender spray wand (.23 fl. oz.).

I haven't been this excited about a fragrance in years. As many have mentioned, it has excellent staying power. I find that just one spray, two maximum, is plenty. Sitting here typing this, I can still smell this faintly on my jacket over one week after having worn the fragrance. I can't stop sniffing it. As for the notes, I'm bad at describing them and I smell more than the # of notes that are listed for it, anyway. I definitely smell grape during one phase of this, in addition to the jasmine and vanilla.

Sadly, my husband is somewhat split on it. Sometimes he really likes it and sometimes he's overwhelmed by it and wants me to return it. That's why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 -- because it has a decided presence and sillage, it asserts itself. It won't be universally appealing or inoffensive to everyone around you, maybe not even to the majority. And not appealing to the masses is not necessarily a bad thing-- but its lack of universal appeal is something to keep in mind, especially if you plan to wear it in a work setting or a crowded setting, especially if you work closely with others or with the public.

I read that some reviewers said this smells better in cooler weather. I can definitely see how this would be the case. With so much jasmine, this scent could expand in the heat, becoming somewhat suffocating, and now that I think about it, the times that my husband became overwhelmed by it, it was on warmer days.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I would have to say that this is in my top 5 perfumes of all time. It's one that i tend to choose when i don't know what to wear and you have to be feeling a little bit more daring to grab angel! But i love that this is different, original, yet still not too daring to grab last minute every day. It tends to be the one I go to when i don't have any particular idea in mind. Probably better for night but i still love to wear it during the day as well. My first admittedly chosen significant signature scent! You must try this! For those who don't like angel... i still recommend that you try this. I don't always like angel too depending on my mood/feel but i always love this. The woody jasmine amber scent is beautiful, classy but still sexy!

on 9/21/2016 1:31:00 AM

Alien and I have a strange relationship... Some days I love it to the point of obsessive, repeated smelling of my own wrist. Other days I feel smothered by it. There are no guarantees with Alien.

Actually, no. There is one certainty with Alien and that is, men seem to love it me. Like, more than any other perfume in my size-able collection of 50+ scents. I have been stopped in the street numerous times by men commenting or inquiring for their wives/girlfriends. Women have commented too, but it's not as frequent. It's usually men.

This scent has a similar monstrous projection & longevity to its predecessor "Angel." Although, the scents themselves are nothing alike. The website claims there are only 3 notes in this but I detect a few more for SURE. Grape, vanilla, maybe even the most minute drop of sandalwood or patchouli. It smells far more complex at times than logic allows me to comprehend based on its note list.

Anyways, it's very good. I like it overall. It smells different on everyone though. Try it on skin, not paper. And be prepared for that monstrous longevity and silage we spoke of earlier.

Popular Fragrances