Thierry Mugler Alien

Thierry Mugler  Alien
Alien

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a small mini bottle of this & I liked it so much I got a dupe by Fragrance Scents And More off evilbay $7 for 1/3oz I love the heavily heavenly jasmine scent of this. I am going to buy a real one I miss my mini 1 so much I used it up as soon as I got it haha i love Angel & Alien Thierry Mugler is AFAIC he's just as good as Jacque Polges his prices are slightly better (I remember my chanel Beige being like $200 I am coveting angel I got a hair perfume on order & received a travel spray as a gift I also have 1oz of oil dupe for $14 from FSAM same place I get all my dupes! I want to try the Angel dupe from Walgreens! Enough on angel) alien is so diff than anything on the market it's got a weird name for an odd (in-a-good-way!) scent it's beautiful like something otherworldly not meant to exist amongst us commoners "earthlings" just a vapour trail up to heaven. I really need more samples of this. Curse my xmas gift starting an expensive habit heh jk next pay day getting a bottle of this!!!!

This perfume to me is delishous. I adore white florals and since I've been collecting attars from the East and a lot have a strong Jasmine scent going on that I really like. So I finally decided to try this because of my Jasmine obsession and I just adore this perfume. I'll say this I've not smelled a scent with Jasmine like Alien. I love the amber and the wood in it too. But I mostly get the white floral that I love so much. For me I've only worn this in cold weather and I think it smells amazing in this kind of weather. I've read this doesn't play well in warm weather but I'm still going to try it and decide for myself whether that's true or not. Since I like Alien I also picked up the Essence Absolue and I love that too but Alien is my favorite.

I would say this as I purchased this on a blind buy and I think it worked out for me, because I love white florals. I find them heady, narcotic, and amazing so if you like them you could like Alien. Also I don't smell much of the wood I get mainly a very linear scent on me it's like a spicy Jasmine, very unique if you ask me. I also got the refillable bottle as the refills are less expensive so that's a good thing for me. I can see why this scent is polarizing but I love it. If you're a white floral fan do give it a sniff even if you don't like it I think it's scent that should be smelt at least once if you love Jasmine. Also this lasts for hours and hours on me.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have a massive perfume collection (100+) and a very wide range of tastes. Many people stick to one or two categories (white floral, oriental, gourmand, etc) but in my collection pretty much every category gets good representation with the exception of the floral aldehydes (ie, Chanel No.5).
Alien is one of my faves. There's nearly no point describing it because differing body chemistries give different results. However, overall this is a mix of fruit, musk, and flowers...a kind of grape-blackcurrant-jasmine-musk.
It is VERY long lasting in EDP and VERY rich, potent...do your family a favor and don't put any more than two sprays on.
It is not for shrinking violets or young pre-teens...it's very 'confident' and womanly. My husband is fond of it...he seems to be a fan of jasmine-y scents. I wore it to the tanning salon and the first thing the manager said when I stepped up to the counter was 'holy cow, you smell really, really good'.
Unlike its sister Angel, Alien is still unknown and complex enough that you're not gonna smell it on every fifth person. It really is a little bit 'alien', a strange, unique creation, be that for better or worse. This really is one of those that not everyone can be friends with. But don't you get tired of perfumes that smell like fifty-six others?
The bottle is beautiful and strange. Is it an otherworldly crystal? Alien talons holding a jewel? An alien egg of some kind? People who see it on your vanity will want to pick it up. Someone put a lot of thought into the design.
It is on the more expensive side, like Angel, for the amount you get, but well worth it because you need so little to make your statement.
Go test it in EDP and EDT ( you might find EDT more to your liking as it IS lighter and cheaper)but do let it develop before deciding.
Good luck!!

I'm looking for years fragrance thet is going to suit on me perfect and finally I finde it! It's Alian! I love it! I feel with "Alian" like I always have some guardian with me:) I feel so strong! It's just crazy thet this perfume gives me an extra power! I feel so great! I don't want to repeat what adar women's has already sey, but it's really long lasting smell. It s long lasting, specific- uniq, verry extraordinary, powerful, outstanding, Sexy, very futuristic. It is a scient for woman's who knows who they are and don't afraid to explore and experiment in life, for " visionary woman's ✈️

on 7/27/2014 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well I said I'd buy it - but only if I had money haha. I actually didn't try on the real perfume, it makes me shy to go to department stores and try out perfumes if I'm not planning to buy. But I was in a salon and all the women were going mad over an imitation perfume and it was the imitation to this one. So I tried it and I must say I really really liked just the imitation. So I imagine the real thing must be totally awesome. It does smell strong and sweet, but not in a cloying way. It smells very strong of jasmine and jasmine is my favourite scent, so it's not surprising that I like it. It smells sensual. There's also a bit of spiciness in it, the salon lady said it was "woody". So I guess you could describe it as spicy floral but not too sweet with a lot of jasmine and a bit of "wood" smell in it, like a freshly built table made from a good quality wood. The salon lady told me a lot of her clients who used this fragrance exclusively had the imitation perfume to wear every day and a bottle of the real perfume to use for special events. But I change perfumes every day and I get tired quickly of using the same fragrance all the time. So that wouldn't work for me. So I guess for the moment it's just the imitation perfume until I one day manage to get enough money for the real thing. Sigh.

on 2/2/2014 6:19:00 AM

This is a weird fragrance. Alien is a good name for it. It's different from most scents I've liked before. The perfume to me, smells exactly like Flying Fox shower gel from Lush with a peppery after smell. It's warm and sexy smelling. I can smell jasmine and honey in this but I could just be crazy. I'm not sure what notes are in this perfume. My husband loves the smell of this perfume on me. I read online how men adore this scent. It's heavy and heady, a little goes a long way with this stuff. I almost always buy the 3.4oz size when it comes to fragrance but I bought this in the 1oz and that is more than plenty. If I had the 3.4oz, it might go bad before I could use it up. Also, this stuff is expensive as hell and I didn't want to shell out $130 for the largest size. I've always gravitated towards fresh and clean scents but this is a mature, seductive scent. I would not wear this to work or for a casual daytime fragrance. It works well with my body chemistry. It's just a really unique and strange fragrance. It's hard to describe. The scent is polarizing, you'll either love it or hate it.

on 11/23/2013 9:52:00 PM

to me the grape stands out. very nice and balanced, but it seems it reminds me of something else at this point, mostly like Poison, which I know is stronger

on 3/23/2013 3:01:00 PM

I think Alien is a seductive oriental type perfume. It is very strong so one spray is enough to last you all day long. It is a bit expensive but worth it. I give it a 5.

on 3/15/2013 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite perfume, smells great on me,as always it smells different on other people, its well worth a try even if the name puts you off,of course its not for everyone,just like Angel smells like evil on me and gorgeous on others.I am not good at describing perfume topnotes and such but its worth trying when you pass by the fragrance section.

A little goes a long way, lasts all day.

on 1/8/2013 3:38:00 PM

As others said, this is either love or hate it kind of scent. When this scent first came out, I was given a sample of it and I HATED it. I thought it was too loud and floral, and just too much. Since then I learned to appreciate number of fragrances and so when I passed by Alien in department store I decided to give it a shot. I am not a floral lover and mostly prefer gourmand and fruity scents but this is one of the florals I really like. As most TM scents, its very unique and I havent smelled anything even remotely similar before or since. Its woodsy, ambery yet full of floral jasmine note. Very full bodied and rich.
I took the opportunity the buy mini sizes of TM scents and out of all Angel and Alien are my favorites hands down.
My hubby hated the Alien though-said it smelled like old lady lol. But he likes mostly light clean scents so I am not surprised. And if that's you and you prefer very light scents and body sprays, I would suggest staying far far aways from this.
This is rich floral that lasts a quite a long time on my skin. I layed it with Sparkling Blackberry Woods from BBW and its quite lovely.
Btw, I LOVE the bottle-its so gorgeous and different!

Popular Fragrances