Thierry Mugler Alien

Alien

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I would have to say that this is in my top 5 perfumes of all time. It's one that i tend to choose when i don't know what to wear and you have to be feeling a little bit more daring to grab angel! But i love that this is different, original, yet still not too daring to grab last minute every day. It tends to be the one I go to when i don't have any particular idea in mind. Probably better for night but i still love to wear it during the day as well. My first admittedly chosen significant signature scent! You must try this! For those who don't like angel... i still recommend that you try this. I don't always like angel too depending on my mood/feel but i always love this. The woody jasmine amber scent is beautiful, classy but still sexy!

on 3/28/2016 1:12:00 PM

One of my favourite scents ever. Long lasting, people are forever asking what the scent is 💫

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love it. So interesting and different. Definitely wouldn't work for everyone or every situation. Good staying power.

on 12/15/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I tried this on a tester strip and fell in love. It was a blast of rude jasmine with some hairspray and grape around the edges. It really smelled like something from space. I tried it on my skin and it was like a completely different perfume. The jasmine lost its sluttiness and grew up into something drier and more austere and all this amber/vanilla warmth emerged out of nowhere to dominate the scent. As it developed, I realized that I had inadvertantly sprayed on the signature scent of my 60 year old aunt! She's extremely fashionable, but still. At that point I was done. This is a pleasant, agreeable warm glowy smell but it ended up being too mature for me. I could see revisiting this down the road because it is a lovely composition. My boyfriend hated it. He is a fan of vintage "old lady" fragrances on me but this is one falls in the uncanny valley of loud suburban mom smells.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've had a sample of this sitting around and decided to finally make an effort to use it. I've heard a lot about Alien being a very divisive scent, but I was surprised to find out how mild the EDP is on me.

So, while others seem to find Alien bombastic, this is a very soft and feminine albeit synthetic perfume on me. The only thing referencing Alien to me is that it's a very linear and perfected scent - the notes do not come across as natural but rather perfectly curated versions of the notes.

For me this starts out and stays a warm musk/tonka bean with some immaculately clean jasmine/white floral mixed in - very ladylike. Lasts a good while and stays close to the skin, with the floral eventually developing into something more soapy smelling.

I like it, but I was also expecting something unique and on my skin this is par for the course floral fragrance. Since this seems to bloom into something really dependent on your skin type (perhaps even the weather), don't do a blind buy of this.

Smells really unique definitely alien-like! I usually don't go for weird scents but this one is mysterious! I have the sample size and would be purchasing this in the near future!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Alien is such a gorgeous smell. So unique and sensual, slightly ethereal and very alienesque. I ran out of my first bottle and am excited to purchase another. The purple and gold bottle is also beautiful, sort of exotic or medieval looking, and very much stands out.

on 10/15/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Good lord. This fragrance is so one-note. I got a sample of it thinking I'd love it (I love Michael Kors and reviewers often draw parallels between that frag and this one) but oh god, no. It screams at you like a bad 80's hair metal song. It's not a definite scrubber but I couldn't wait for it to dry down and fade a bit. I liked the one note I could pick out but it smelled incredibly synthetic. I much prefer Angel to this but even then, I wouldn't spend my hard earned cash on it. The only upside? It's not boring!

on 7/19/2013 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this scent, it's very complex, signature- people will know what you're wearing at first whiff. It is very potent, a bit goes a long way. This lasts for hours on me, and I simply love this scent as much at the end of the night as when I first spritzed it on. Going out at night is when I wear this fragrance, it's too bold for everyday or office wear. I usually exclusively like scents where fruit/tropical notes are dominant, which is not the case with this scent. I first tried this in a sample, and i did not like it much at first, liked it much better the 2nd and 3rd time around. Angel is just ok to me, i like this scent much better. The flacon is gorgeous, and I don't care for packaging, I care for what's inside, but it doesn't hurt. I ordered a small size of the sunessence version- I hope i love it as much!

on 4/28/2013 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I looooove Alien! I feel it so cozy to me in an unique way. Like it's a part of my body, natural smell, inner emotion, feelings...you name it! Can't use words to describe it. I felt it was a little bit strong at first but it settle down nicely in few hours and in the evening I could still feel it on my wrists. It's strong but sexy. I can't say if it is sweet, as I am so used to it. It is the first perfume that likes me and I smelled many over the years. Not for everyone I suppose. One should definitely test before buying (at least twice). I guess it is expensive (it was a gift from my husband after I cried for two months that I want this perfume:D) but I am sure it will last at least 3 years as I don't use it every single day and a little goes a long way. I have it for 6 months now and I barely see it's missing from the bottle. I would have liked a better bottle (for some reason I am not that attracted to this one; the lid feels loose). I get so many compliments on this perfume. Will definitely ask my husband to repurchase :)

Popular Fragrances