L'Oreal Paris Feria Starry Night

Filtered by hair type : Other
L'Oreal Paris Feria Starry Night

3.2

on 11/14/2015 3:06:00 PM

I don't have the time or the money to get my roots done every few weeks. I have been dying my hair black for almost 10 years and as anyone with black hair knows black fades really quickly and you need a touch up every 3-4 weeks at least! I came across this color a few months ago and started using it. The kit is very easy to mix together, directions are easy to follow. Box comes with all you need (gloves, bottle and all). Once you get your technique down its really simple to just use this at home, you have your hair freshly done in a matter of an hour. The box recommends you leaving it on for 45 minutes, but I always leave it a bit longer.

I love Starry Night because it has the blue undertones and really gives you that JET BLACK hair color (not a soft black!). I have very long, thick hair and 1 bottle of this is more than enough for one application. I am usually left with a bunch of product leftover.

What I love most about this brand is that it doesn't leave my shower dirty, with stains everywhere. Some store brands tend to leave your bathroom a total mess, but L'oreal is one of the few brands that doesn't do that.

If you're looking to always have your hair look freshly done, without breaking the bank then you need a bottle of this stuff!!

Believe the bad reviews!!!
I wanted to find my HG blue black hair dye and this one is underwhelming. No blue black whatsoever. I don't see a difference on my hair. There are other blue black dyes that are better and cheaper. I should have listened to the many bad reviews here and other sites (heck, there's even a horror story forum about it and I was an idiot for not listening). Pathetic dye. I was so enamoured by the name "Starry Night" and really thought it would have some blue undertones in it but nope, none AT ALL. See my and many other people's mistake and learn from it by not buying it!

on 1/18/2008 1:44:00 AM

Ok, we used this to dye my boyfriends light brown hair. I assume there is no difference between the women's Feria and the men's which is hard to find and has limited color choices. We followed the instructions exactly and the whole process wasn't bad, smell was ok and the color was easy to apply. This may work well on darker browns or hair that is already black but beware lighter haired friends. My boyfriends hair was not black with blue reflects, it was Cookie Monster blue! Manic panic, hot topic screaming blue. I wish he had let me take a picture to post but he did not find it as funny as I did. I do have to say that it was a shiny, healthy blue but with a color problem as big as this it doesn't really matter. We ended up re-dying with a dark brown and still the blue showed through a little for a week.

on 11/29/2007 4:50:00 PM

I have naturally thick black hair but i like to dye my hair with Feria 'starry night' to get that truly outstanding dark shade with blue.
I notice that the color-effect obviously wont last very long, i mean the blue reflects , but the blackest hair remains.
It didn't really damage my hair, what does is the heating appliances, but i manage to give my hair the right treatment ( all-soft redken & Ojon ).
I've been choosing this product every time over other brands.
I used preferance once and the color is good but nothing 'special' , Nutrisse is the same-thing, but i think is more gentle than preferance.

bottom line: this color keeps me coming back over and over again. love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been dying my hair since the 6th grade, so I know a thing or two about home haircolours. Feria has always had the best shades, but I've never really gotten any spectacular results with it. I recently tried STARRY NIGHT, and it didn't come out as dramatic as I had hoped.Oh well, you live, you learn! Nutrisse is my new favourite though!**EDIT**I actually like it now. It hasn't faded that much, and it looks good.

Popular Hair Products