L'Oreal Paris Feria Starry Night

Filtered by age: 25-29
L'Oreal Paris Feria Starry Night

3.2

on 4/10/2018 10:28:00 PM

So I had Splat Pink Fetish Hair. With Splat Blue...something. Anyway. I mixed those on my ends and had blue and purple. I used oops a couple weeks later thinking itd take it out...oops. It didnt. So since I needed to change it to something less provocative I went to get a black. I saw Starry Night Feria. I loved the blue undertones. Well. I put it right on top of my pink hair. Now I have the coolest black and blue hair and when the sun or a bright light hits it there are still shines of pink and purples. The dye wasn't made for dyed hair. I knew that something would be off. But it was a good off. I love my hair pink and would keep it that way but my job won't allow unicorn hair lol. Now I can blend in beautifully and the glow my pink hair off in the sun! Eat that inside job!!!

on 3/22/2018 7:13:00 PM

I LOVE STARRY NIGHT! I wanted black but this has a really nice blue to it. I’m in love. I have really thick hair and I dye it multiple colours this dye covered all the colors.

on 3/20/2017 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been dyeing my hair black for about 3 years now so I've tried a lot of dyes in that time but, out of all the "blue black" dyes I've tried, this is the only one that actually does what it claims to. My hair is thick & the majority of it hangs past the base of my spine but one box is more than enough to cover my roots & top-up the lengths as well.

My roots creep up on me every 2-3 weeks & I previously used "DermaV-10 0.1 Black" on my roots then "Feria Starry Night" on my lengths but, one time, my roots were particularly bad, my blue hue was fading & I had no time to go buy another dye so I applied this all over & hoped for the best. It worked so much better than I could have expected & I've been in love ever since!

PROS:
- It's JET black (none of this natural, soft black rubbish) with a lovely blue undertone.
- Total coverage of my mousy brown roots (Think: Blacker-than-black hair & browny-ginger roots; ew!).
- The colour lasts so much longer than any other dye I've used & I wash my hair 4-5 times a week, with Fibrology Air shampoo, so that's A LOT of staying power.
- The dye always leaves my hair in a lovely, soft condition that lasts for days withstanding straightening, messy buns, messier sleep, constantly touching/stroking my hair & working in a restaurant.
- I'd say that I experience about 80% less breakage immediately after using this dye.

CONS:
- No matter what I do or what tricks I try, my hairline always ends up being stained blue but I have mild scalp eczema so that could be a factor.
- The packaging has changed at least twice that I know of so it's quite hard to find & I'm always panicking that it's been discontinued.
- The top-up conditioner that's supplied now (the purple-blue bottle) stained my hands but I did stick it on before a shower without bothering to use gloves so that's really my own stupid fault.
- The smell of the dye isn't unpleasant but it does catch in your throat sometimes, particularly when you've been breathing it in for awhile.

In Scotland, this dye averages about £8-10 a box but, in my opinion, it is well worth it for the colour pay-off & condition that you get. I'm very pale & going for that Morticia Addams/Elvira look so I'm completely in love with this dye & I would recommend it to any-&-every-one.

on 11/14/2015 3:06:00 PM

I don't have the time or the money to get my roots done every few weeks. I have been dying my hair black for almost 10 years and as anyone with black hair knows black fades really quickly and you need a touch up every 3-4 weeks at least! I came across this color a few months ago and started using it. The kit is very easy to mix together, directions are easy to follow. Box comes with all you need (gloves, bottle and all). Once you get your technique down its really simple to just use this at home, you have your hair freshly done in a matter of an hour. The box recommends you leaving it on for 45 minutes, but I always leave it a bit longer.

I love Starry Night because it has the blue undertones and really gives you that JET BLACK hair color (not a soft black!). I have very long, thick hair and 1 bottle of this is more than enough for one application. I am usually left with a bunch of product leftover.

What I love most about this brand is that it doesn't leave my shower dirty, with stains everywhere. Some store brands tend to leave your bathroom a total mess, but L'oreal is one of the few brands that doesn't do that.

If you're looking to always have your hair look freshly done, without breaking the bank then you need a bottle of this stuff!!

Believe the bad reviews!!!
I wanted to find my HG blue black hair dye and this one is underwhelming. No blue black whatsoever. I don't see a difference on my hair. There are other blue black dyes that are better and cheaper. I should have listened to the many bad reviews here and other sites (heck, there's even a horror story forum about it and I was an idiot for not listening). Pathetic dye. I was so enamoured by the name "Starry Night" and really thought it would have some blue undertones in it but nope, none AT ALL. See my and many other people's mistake and learn from it by not buying it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

LOVE THIS COLOR!! This is my absolute favorite. I've been using it for years, I love the rich black and blue color it gives my hair, it smells wonderful, and leaves my hair so soft and shiny, it's the only dye I've found that actually IMPROVES the condition of my hair. I LOVE the blue glow. It's totally worth paying a little extra than the other box dye. I've been coloring for 15 years, and I always go back to this brand and color. I don't have a big problem with staining with this one either, unlike others that stain EVERYTHING, I don't have to scrub my tub after I rinse out this one. I highly reccomend this one, I don't understand all the negative reviews on this product. The color comes out EXACTLY as it looks on the box, and it last about 6 weeks. Perfect for me!

on 11/29/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wrote a review for this previously, but instead of updating it, I feel the need to start all over.
First of all, this color is indeed bright blue. Not bright black, like they claim, but bright blue. Also, it faded after 2, count 'em, 2 shampoos. 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now forced to re-color my hair (obviously with a different brand) a week after using this. I call bullshit on Feria. This is the single worst hair color I have ever used, and I've used 'em all!
The last time I had black hair, I dyed it once and it lasted for an entire year. I only had to touch up my roots, monthly. So the fact that this crap only lasts through a couple of shampoos just boggles my mind!

on 12/25/2009 1:51:00 AM

I bought this product because I had dyed my hair hot pink for Christmas. But my father passed away the 21st, and I do not want pink hair at the funeral. I have tried bleaching out pinks/reds in the past and it turns my hair orange. So I decided to dye it black for the funeral. I chose this shade because the box claimed it was for those who use Cooler colors, but it did NOT claim it would make my hair bright blue. Even from the dark shade of pink it was, it turned blue all over. Now I will have to buy a flat black before the funeral in the hopes I can beat back the blueberry, or that it will fade. I have used Feria before and it doesn't damage my fine, blonde hair, but this overt blue is ridiculous.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I dye 4 of my friend's hair regularly. They range from baby blonde to my friend Karly, who is a dark brown naturally but likes her hair black. Her hair is thick and shiny and super healthy, very strong. She brought this Feria Starry Night the last time she came over, and I had never used Feria so I was a little uneasy. I had heard no good things. Well. She left my house with puffy red eyes and a handful of tissues because she had cried so much. Despite following directions exactly, her hair was WRECKED. I mix a special conditioner that is wondrous but even after leaving it on for a hour, her hair was like straw. The ends were fried so bad I they puffed out at the ends like a broom, and she looked like she had layered hair because there was so much breakage. We could not even get a comb through it until after we put my special conditioner on. The color might have been nice, but the hair was so damaged that no color would look good. There was no shine, it was dead hair. She cried and I felt AWFUL and couldnt do anything to help. I saw her this morning and her hair looks so bad still. I told her it wasn't THAT bad, but it is. Careful girls. It appears to work on some and not on others, but I wont touch the stuff and I even get a little shudder when I see it on the shelf at the store. I feel so bad for Karly. :(

on 11/29/2007 4:50:00 PM

I have naturally thick black hair but i like to dye my hair with Feria 'starry night' to get that truly outstanding dark shade with blue.
I notice that the color-effect obviously wont last very long, i mean the blue reflects , but the blackest hair remains.
It didn't really damage my hair, what does is the heating appliances, but i manage to give my hair the right treatment ( all-soft redken & Ojon ).
I've been choosing this product every time over other brands.
I used preferance once and the color is good but nothing 'special' , Nutrisse is the same-thing, but i think is more gentle than preferance.

bottom line: this color keeps me coming back over and over again. love it!