Paula's Choice Sheer Cream Lipstick SPF 15 in Nude Illusion

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Paula's Choice Sheer Cream Lipstick SPF 15 in Nude Illusion

2.8

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%; Avobenzone 2%. (sunscreen agents) Other Ingredients: VP/Hexadecene Copolymer (binding/film-forming agent), Tricaprylin, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate (emollient slip agents), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (emollient and bodifier), Polyisobutene (film-former), Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Ceresin (emollients), Polyethylene (binding agent), Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Triisocetyl Citrate (thickeners), Hydrogenated Polydecene, Octyldodecanol, Paraffin (emollients), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A, antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E, antioxidants), Ascorbyl Palmitate (vitamin C, antioxidant), Propylparaben, Butylparaben (preservatives) May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (mineral-derived pigments), Carmine (naturally-derived pigment), Manganese Violet, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30, Red 33, Orange 5 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (coloring agents)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin tone: light/medium, neutral-cool. Superb formulation, and absolutely beautiful color (probably the prettiest of all the PC sheer cream lipsticks) but too warm (peach/tan) for my cooler skin tone. I should add that the PC description fails to mention that this particular color has a very subtle shimmer (it's gorgeous!). I wish all of the colors did, but unfortunately, those that are described as "shimmer" are actually quite "frosty," and consequently are not so beautiful, nor wearable as is Nude Illusion.

-- For reference, I have blue eyes and pale pink lips. -- Nude Illusion is a beautiful almost neutral ( a little warm) medium toned nude shade, but I prefer a slightly paler one so here is how I use it: Before I go on long motorcycle rides I like to protect my lips from the sun otherwise they burn. I used to apply Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Stick SPF 60+, which whitens my lips, with a medium toned nude on top to get some color back on my lips. The white of the sunblock stick plus the medium tone of the lipstick gave me that lighter color I prefer, but I didn't like diluting the sunblock, so I ordered Paula's Choice Sheer Cream Lipstick with SPF 15 in Nude Illusion. Now I apply Nude Illusion, then tone it down with the baby sunblock stick, and finish by contouring with my Lise Watier Waterproof Lip Crayon in Nude. I hope I'm doing this the right way sun-protection wise. Maybe I should put the baby stick on first, then Paula's lipstick? I don't know. But the way I do it looks great and it works. Sun protection and gorgeous color. And I love the slim packaging which doesn't make the pocket of my slim fitting leather jacket bulge. :)

on 9/4/2013 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This lipstick is neither sheer nor nude. Not at all what I expected or wanted.

on 7/22/2013 2:00:00 PM

Just like Paula's other Sheer Cream lipsticks, this one isn't sheer and is very drying. I thought this would be a perfect pale nude pink shade but it was too orange. The color has way too much shimmer and is unflattering against my pale skin. I only bought a sample (which is a great idea, wish other companies would do the same) and I am so glad I didn't waste my money. Wouldn't buy a full size but I am going to try the clear version of this lipstick.