Paula's Choice Sheer Cream Lipstick SPF 15 in Nude Illusion

Filtered by age: 30-35
Paula's Choice Sheer Cream Lipstick SPF 15 in Nude Illusion

3.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%; Avobenzone 2%. (sunscreen agents) Other Ingredients: VP/Hexadecene Copolymer (binding/film-forming agent), Tricaprylin, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate (emollient slip agents), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (emollient and bodifier), Polyisobutene (film-former), Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Ceresin (emollients), Polyethylene (binding agent), Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Triisocetyl Citrate (thickeners), Hydrogenated Polydecene, Octyldodecanol, Paraffin (emollients), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A, antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E, antioxidants), Ascorbyl Palmitate (vitamin C, antioxidant), Propylparaben, Butylparaben (preservatives) May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (mineral-derived pigments), Carmine (naturally-derived pigment), Manganese Violet, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30, Red 33, Orange 5 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (coloring agents)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin tone: light/medium, neutral-cool. Superb formulation, and absolutely beautiful color (probably the prettiest of all the PC sheer cream lipsticks) but too warm (peach/tan) for my cooler skin tone. I should add that the PC description fails to mention that this particular color has a very subtle shimmer (it's gorgeous!). I wish all of the colors did, but unfortunately, those that are described as "shimmer" are actually quite "frosty," and consequently are not so beautiful, nor wearable as is Nude Illusion.

on 7/7/2012 9:36:00 PM

I'm giving this product four lippies because overall, it is a nice lipstick.

I like that it doesn't have a strong smell and applies nicely. Doesn't dry my lips out either.

I have fair/light cool toned skin. This colour is too brown for me. On the website, it came across as being more pink, but its more brown in real life. Its also a very small lipstick, so not much product for price. So only four lippies. I would give it 3.5 if I could.

on 2/10/2007 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow, I'm so torn! This is the perfect nude color--I really, really like it. Most nudes wash out my brown skin, but this one has a teeny pinch of rose, peachy sheen. BUT, I agree with the previous reviewer about how it sits on the lips. I applied it after the Paula Invisble lip liner and it does look a little tacky--for some reason it won't sink in. If I can find a way around that, I'll buy the full tube (had sample). If not, well, back on the hunt...too bad.

on 7/22/2013 2:00:00 PM

Just like Paula's other Sheer Cream lipsticks, this one isn't sheer and is very drying. I thought this would be a perfect pale nude pink shade but it was too orange. The color has way too much shimmer and is unflattering against my pale skin. I only bought a sample (which is a great idea, wish other companies would do the same) and I am so glad I didn't waste my money. Wouldn't buy a full size but I am going to try the clear version of this lipstick.