Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

OMG, this product is HG for those like me with thick, big, dry hair. I have the Maxiglide xpress with steamburst and this iron gets my hair relaxer straight in more than half the time I usually would spend flat ironing my hair. The ends of my hair are no longer crispy, and tangled.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this flat iron. I got it for Christmas in 2004. The only negative I have is that I wish it were about 1/2" thinner, but my hair is waist length, so maybe I don't.

I shampoo, condition, detangle, apply leave in, dry (air or blow), and section my hair into four parts, applying whatever serum before flat ironing, but after my hair is cooled. I pull this very slowly through my hair and it's smooth and shines like crazy. Another big plus for me is that my hair doesn't smell flat ironed when I'm done.

The pins aren't meant to detangle, so if you're having issues with the pins catching try detangling better or ironing smaller sections of hair. There is also the option to replace the plate with pins with a flat (included) plate.

The steamburst is great on my ends, but make sure you aren't anywhere near your scalp (PER THE INSTRUCTIONS) or you will burn yourself. It's steam. Steam hot. Steam hurt.

You don't have to clamp down and pull this flat iron as hard as you would a normal one (it said so in the instruction manual and on the infomercial). You'll break your hair if you do.

The mini glide is nice for root touch ups, but there's no temp control.

Popular Hair Styling Tools