Maxiglide iron

3.4

on 10/13/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wow. I can't believe how many negative comments this iron has gotten. I love my Maxi Glide. I think some people just aren't reading the instructions right. Some are complaining that the iron snags and pulls out your hair. If you read the instructions it says to detangle your hair before using. As for the steam burst, your only suppose to use it on your ends because that's where hair is most dry. If you use it on top you will burn your scalp. If you use a serum before ironing you will get some residue on the iron but this happens with all flat irons. Same goes for those complaing about dry ends, all irons dry out your hair. As for the blue blinking light, I just put my thumb over it until it heats up and stops blinking.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this product totally works for me. it hurts a bit to pull it through my hair, and the "burst of steam button" is bs in my opinion, but this item does genuinely work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This flat iron is bulky and very difficult to use. It also adds another 2hrs to the hair straightening process. My hair is very curly. I must get the thinnest sections and flat iron them with this because otherwise it would pull my hair (it hurts). The styling products that came along with it are quite good. Having to fill the tiny chamber with water every 10 minutes is irritating. Because of the size, I can't get it too close to my scalp otherwise I get burned. I thought this would be a good investment but I was wrong. It was a waste of money. I think I've used it all of 5 times and I've had it for over 2 years. I really don't like it. WARNING: YOU WILL HAVE LARGE AMOUNT OF HAIR IN THE PINS. IT LITERALLY YANKS THEM OUT. I also noticed that the smoothness didn't last. My hair frizzed out by the end of the evening (with my aveda anti-humectant!!!) The only thing I did like was the 'Beyond Straight' that came with it. It really does leave hair bouncy and shiny after a blow dry, not air dry, blow dry.

on 8/9/2008 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Personally, I don't own this iron. But one of my best friends does and i have used it countless times. I hated this iron with a passion. It does not make hair pin straight, it snags and pulls hair out, and it turns my hair into a frizzball! It is a piece of crap. My friend says she loves it, but she always complains about the frizz. She refuses to accept that this iron is what turns it into that frizzballl. I hate this iron and i would never recomend to anyone.

on 7/29/2008 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have had my maxiglide for over a year with absolutely wonderful results for my fizzy, wild hair. I was flipping tv channels the other morning to discover maxiglide has a new and improved straighter that is smaller and lightweight. I ordered the new version that same day. I received it yesterday and used it this morning with high praise. It's less bulky than the original one.

Popular Hair Styling Tools