Maxiglide iron

Maxiglide iron

4.5

on 8/15/2010 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love my maxi glide! In my opinion, it is the best hair straightener on the market. My hair is very thick, curly, frizzy and dry. Iíve experimented for years with ceramic irons (chi & sedu) and while they did straighten my hair, they did nothing to cut back on my uncontrollable frizz and dryness. This is the only product makes my hair look shiny and smooth. The maxi glide has completely changed my hair routine. In the past, I would blow dry my hair with a large round brush and then I would use a flat iron on it. My hair always looked dry and damaged, no matter how much conditioner I used. I could never let my hair grow long because I constantly had to get trims to cut off all the breakage from all those heating tools.

This all changed when I got my maxi glide! My routine is so simple now Ė I just shampoo and condition my hair, towel dry, then apply some citre shine serum, a little leave-in conditioner, and a good straightening lotion (like Ruskís str8.) I then let my hair air dry. I turn my maxi glide up to about 4 (it goes to 10) and run it through my hair. The maxi glide spins my frizzy blonde hair into golden silk! I agree that the steam can be VERY hot Ė I do not use a burst until I am nearing the end of my hair. The steam keeps my ends hydrated and looking so healthy. Because of the maxi glide, I now have long (itís now to my mid-back), healthy, straight hair. Iíll never ever use another straightener!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this product totally works for me. it hurts a bit to pull it through my hair, and the "burst of steam button" is bs in my opinion, but this item does genuinely work.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

it was good at first. until it broke my hair, i had to cut off good 3 inches off of my hair because it damaged it so much. my hairdresser said because of it my hair was dry and unhealthy. not worth the money, even if it costed $15 i wouldnt buyt it again.

I just bought this yesterday, tried it today and am LOVING it! I have naturally curly, thick, frizz prone hair and this iron does the trick for me! I am used to the cheap hair straightener that takes FOREVER to use. I was shocked at how quick this does. It really took me about 10 min to do all of my hair. Yes, it is kind of awkward, because it's large and hard to hold on to, but I think once i get use to the feeling, It will be fine. I am so glad I spent more money and got a good product. It's defintely worth every penny! I use the 4 setting heat also and so far, so good. The key is... don't pull too hard or squeeze the iron too hard. Let it glide through you hair for the best results. Hence the name!! Seriously, this is an excellent flat iron. You've gotta try this if you want the beautiful shiny healthy hair.

on 2/21/2006 3:35:00 PM

I got my MaxiGlide steam iron from Shop at Home about a year ago and I am still in love with it! I have thin, flat and freezy hair and the Florida humidity doesn't help it at all, but my MaxiGlide leaves it smooth, shiny and doesn't fry it.
I only gave it a 3 in "packaging quality" because mine came without a case or bag which would be easier to pack when traveling, but other than that, this product is absolutely awesome! I use distilled water and the little container is enough to do all my hair.
At night I can go to bed with freshly washed hair and smooth it out before going to work the next morning, and it looks like I just left the salon and - like they show in the infommercial - the humidity and heat doesn't affect the straight hair that I love so much. The MaxiGlide is definitely my HG of haristyling tools!!!

on 9/20/2005 10:31:00 PM

This is the best flat iron. I like the rounded sides, if you like a little flip or curl it's easy to do. That said, for getting extra volume and and body you won't find that with a flat iron unless you dump your head over and spray the roots or set in velcro rollers and spray, let dry, remove rollers and rake fingers through hair. Of course the long way is to blowdry section by section with a concentrator nozzle, and a big round brush. One more thing, I'm hesitant to use the steam feature because I never thought it was good to iron your hair untill it's completely dry..or sizzle. Also use a spray protector on hair, then brush through, let dry completely. It's important to brush hair throughly before you start because the little "teeth" don't really do it for you. But it's still the best.

Popular Hair Styling Tools