Maxiglide iron

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
 Maxiglide iron

3.8

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

OMG, this product is HG for those like me with thick, big, dry hair. I have the Maxiglide xpress with steamburst and this iron gets my hair relaxer straight in more than half the time I usually would spend flat ironing my hair. The ends of my hair are no longer crispy, and tangled.

on 11/14/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Curly haired ladies, the "teeth" will undoubtedly rip your hair out! There is some kind of contraption that strands of my hair would get caught in and snap off. I hated this thing and the steam feature is just ridiculous! Glad I sold it. I'm so much happier with my Solia.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this flat iron. I got it for Christmas in 2004. The only negative I have is that I wish it were about 1/2" thinner, but my hair is waist length, so maybe I don't.

I shampoo, condition, detangle, apply leave in, dry (air or blow), and section my hair into four parts, applying whatever serum before flat ironing, but after my hair is cooled. I pull this very slowly through my hair and it's smooth and shines like crazy. Another big plus for me is that my hair doesn't smell flat ironed when I'm done.

The pins aren't meant to detangle, so if you're having issues with the pins catching try detangling better or ironing smaller sections of hair. There is also the option to replace the plate with pins with a flat (included) plate.

The steamburst is great on my ends, but make sure you aren't anywhere near your scalp (PER THE INSTRUCTIONS) or you will burn yourself. It's steam. Steam hot. Steam hurt.

You don't have to clamp down and pull this flat iron as hard as you would a normal one (it said so in the instruction manual and on the infomercial). You'll break your hair if you do.

The mini glide is nice for root touch ups, but there's no temp control.

on 2/13/2010 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i didn't like this, it didn't work for my hair.

Pros: hmmm theres really nothing good about this

Cons:
-huge and bulky
-the lil comb things on the iron pull out your hair
-the steam really dosnt help
-dosnt straighten well
-cant get close to your scalp or you'll get stream burns

on 1/13/2010 1:53:00 PM

I LOOOOOVE this flat iron. I purchased the XP version 5 years ago and it was my very first flat iron. It's worked perfectly everytime. And it still works wonderfully now. Just follow the instructions carefully and you won't have any problems. I'm surprised about the complaints about this iron. It does snag if you don't brush out the tangles in your hair beforehand and clamp down hard and pull the iron through your hair (which you're not supposed to do). It also works fast. My entire head of hair was straight in under 20min. I hardly ever got split ends. My hair is normally thin, coarse, wavy, curly, frizzy and desert dry. After using this product, you would never think I had hair issues. My hair would be silky, smooth, shiny...perfect looking. The only cons for this product is that it's heavy. However, i'm going to buy the Maxius MAXIglide MP and Maxiessentials Hair Care Set on HSN.com (Item: 558-278). I bought the Infinity Conair Nano Silver flat iron for $80 thinking it was a better and lighter iron and boy was I mistaken! The Conair flat iron killed my hair. Never again!!! ...I'm sticking with MAXIglide!!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this iron. I have very curly hair and irons usually just flatten the curls into 2D smashed curls without straightening them.

I love that the Maxiglide has those little detangling pins that make sure my hair straightens as it irons. There's a good range of temperatures, always a plus.

I wish it wasn't as bulky, but a minor con.

on 10/13/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wow. I can't believe how many negative comments this iron has gotten. I love my Maxi Glide. I think some people just aren't reading the instructions right. Some are complaining that the iron snags and pulls out your hair. If you read the instructions it says to detangle your hair before using. As for the steam burst, your only suppose to use it on your ends because that's where hair is most dry. If you use it on top you will burn your scalp. If you use a serum before ironing you will get some residue on the iron but this happens with all flat irons. Same goes for those complaing about dry ends, all irons dry out your hair. As for the blue blinking light, I just put my thumb over it until it heats up and stops blinking.

on 8/28/2009 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The Maxiglide makes my hair perfectly straight, however, it also snags my curly hair, unless I use the steam and is very difficult to clean. I use heat protectants and find they build up on the plates creating a goo that can only be scrubbed off with a toothbrush.

I have very curly, fine hair.
I bought this thing after staying up late and watching infomercials. The first time I used it, it was amazing; or so I thought. I also had all sorts of things in my favor: I had just gotten my hair cut, I lived in Las Vegas (no humidity), and the shampoo and conditioner I use are amazing.
The results were great. It took me forever though: about 2 hours. I had movement, shine...it was wonderful. I even straightened my hair in Hawaii, and it stayed perfect.
However, after having it for about 2.5 years and using it less than 10 times, it died.
The thing that drove me most crazy about it was that blinking blue light! It's blinding!! I felt like it was going to burn a hole through my eye! Lol. Seriously though. It was horrible.
It was also very heavy.
And, what's the deal with STEAMING your hair, when humidity is like the devil to us curly heads??

I guess I'm just spoiled as I now own the GHD. Buy it!!

on 10/19/2008 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best thing to ever happen to my hair. I have owned 2 now...I ordered the original model 4 years ago and recently purchased the new MP, simply because I wanted something a little smaller and less bulky and it came with 2 full size bottles of his products, The End and Beyond Straight, which are fantastic. My old one is now my back up ;)

I've been using this iron on and off for 4 years. The past 6 months, I've been wearing my hair straight exclusively (I have naturally very curly, thick, dry hair). I've owned a ton of straightening irons before and NOTHING comes even close to my Maxiglide. It makes my hair stick straight, shiny and so soft. Now, it does take some getting used to as you don't use it the same way you do other irons. You CANNOT squeeze or pull! That's when hair breaks. You have to follow their directions exactly but once you get the hang of it, it's so simple. I truly believe if you're hair is turning frizzy from this it's because you are not using it properly! The steam function makes a HUGE difference on my ends. Honestly, my hair's condition has improved using this...as when I wear my hair natural, I have to wash and blow dry daily, but when its straight I can let it air dry, straighten and then leave it alone for a couple days without washing. I love my hair thanks to Maxiglide.

Popular Hair Styling Tools