Maxiglide iron

Maxiglide iron

3.9

on 8/15/2010 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love my maxi glide! In my opinion, it is the best hair straightener on the market. My hair is very thick, curly, frizzy and dry. Iíve experimented for years with ceramic irons (chi & sedu) and while they did straighten my hair, they did nothing to cut back on my uncontrollable frizz and dryness. This is the only product makes my hair look shiny and smooth. The maxi glide has completely changed my hair routine. In the past, I would blow dry my hair with a large round brush and then I would use a flat iron on it. My hair always looked dry and damaged, no matter how much conditioner I used. I could never let my hair grow long because I constantly had to get trims to cut off all the breakage from all those heating tools.

This all changed when I got my maxi glide! My routine is so simple now Ė I just shampoo and condition my hair, towel dry, then apply some citre shine serum, a little leave-in conditioner, and a good straightening lotion (like Ruskís str8.) I then let my hair air dry. I turn my maxi glide up to about 4 (it goes to 10) and run it through my hair. The maxi glide spins my frizzy blonde hair into golden silk! I agree that the steam can be VERY hot Ė I do not use a burst until I am nearing the end of my hair. The steam keeps my ends hydrated and looking so healthy. Because of the maxi glide, I now have long (itís now to my mid-back), healthy, straight hair. Iíll never ever use another straightener!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this flat iron. I got it for Christmas in 2004. The only negative I have is that I wish it were about 1/2" thinner, but my hair is waist length, so maybe I don't.

I shampoo, condition, detangle, apply leave in, dry (air or blow), and section my hair into four parts, applying whatever serum before flat ironing, but after my hair is cooled. I pull this very slowly through my hair and it's smooth and shines like crazy. Another big plus for me is that my hair doesn't smell flat ironed when I'm done.

The pins aren't meant to detangle, so if you're having issues with the pins catching try detangling better or ironing smaller sections of hair. There is also the option to replace the plate with pins with a flat (included) plate.

The steamburst is great on my ends, but make sure you aren't anywhere near your scalp (PER THE INSTRUCTIONS) or you will burn yourself. It's steam. Steam hot. Steam hurt.

You don't have to clamp down and pull this flat iron as hard as you would a normal one (it said so in the instruction manual and on the infomercial). You'll break your hair if you do.

The mini glide is nice for root touch ups, but there's no temp control.

on 2/13/2010 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i didn't like this, it didn't work for my hair.

Pros: hmmm theres really nothing good about this

Cons:
-huge and bulky
-the lil comb things on the iron pull out your hair
-the steam really dosnt help
-dosnt straighten well
-cant get close to your scalp or you'll get stream burns

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this iron. I have very curly hair and irons usually just flatten the curls into 2D smashed curls without straightening them.

I love that the Maxiglide has those little detangling pins that make sure my hair straightens as it irons. There's a good range of temperatures, always a plus.

I wish it wasn't as bulky, but a minor con.

on 10/13/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wow. I can't believe how many negative comments this iron has gotten. I love my Maxi Glide. I think some people just aren't reading the instructions right. Some are complaining that the iron snags and pulls out your hair. If you read the instructions it says to detangle your hair before using. As for the steam burst, your only suppose to use it on your ends because that's where hair is most dry. If you use it on top you will burn your scalp. If you use a serum before ironing you will get some residue on the iron but this happens with all flat irons. Same goes for those complaing about dry ends, all irons dry out your hair. As for the blue blinking light, I just put my thumb over it until it heats up and stops blinking.

on 10/19/2008 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best thing to ever happen to my hair. I have owned 2 now...I ordered the original model 4 years ago and recently purchased the new MP, simply because I wanted something a little smaller and less bulky and it came with 2 full size bottles of his products, The End and Beyond Straight, which are fantastic. My old one is now my back up ;)

I've been using this iron on and off for 4 years. The past 6 months, I've been wearing my hair straight exclusively (I have naturally very curly, thick, dry hair). I've owned a ton of straightening irons before and NOTHING comes even close to my Maxiglide. It makes my hair stick straight, shiny and so soft. Now, it does take some getting used to as you don't use it the same way you do other irons. You CANNOT squeeze or pull! That's when hair breaks. You have to follow their directions exactly but once you get the hang of it, it's so simple. I truly believe if you're hair is turning frizzy from this it's because you are not using it properly! The steam function makes a HUGE difference on my ends. Honestly, my hair's condition has improved using this...as when I wear my hair natural, I have to wash and blow dry daily, but when its straight I can let it air dry, straighten and then leave it alone for a couple days without washing. I love my hair thanks to Maxiglide.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This flat iron sucks. The only reason I gave it a lippie @ all is because the pins are good for the coarse hair @ your scalp. Speaking as a curly w/ 3c/4a hair, this is a waste of money. All it did was make my hair super frizzy and fuzzy. It sucks! Black girls, beware.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this at Bed Bath & Beyond, not through the infomercial. I think it was around $70. This is definitely one of the best flat irons I have ever used. It makes the straightening process much faster, but it does rip my hair out if I try to iron too big of a section, go to quickly, or don't do a little detangling beforehand. My hair was breaking off very badly last summer, and one of my stylists thought it was because of this iron. I started using a Teflon-coated 1-inch ceramic from Remmington instead that works pretty well...but I when I went home from college one weekend I decide to try the Maxiglide again. It worked very well and didn't pull out as much hair as I thought it would. I think I am going to try it on my hair while it is curly the next time I am home. The only other thing I didn't like about the Maxiglide was that is such a hassle to clean!!! I have to SCRUB with dish soap and a toothbrush to get off all of the gunk, otherwise it builds up.

Popular Hair Styling Tools