Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.1

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

it was good at first. until it broke my hair, i had to cut off good 3 inches off of my hair because it damaged it so much. my hairdresser said because of it my hair was dry and unhealthy. not worth the money, even if it costed $15 i wouldnt buyt it again.

on 10/6/2007 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the BEST straightener I have ever used. I know it has something to do with the comb-like pins on the plate. My hair is fine, color-treated, wavy, damaged and very fluffy on the ends. This straightens my hair out beautifully in about 5-10 minutes. Plus it makes my hair look extremely HEALTHY and my hair has not looked healthy since I was 13. I do admit that it is a little awkward to use on the back of my head so I separate the back into 2 sections (this helps a lot). I would definately repurchase.

EDIT:
I still love how this straightener works on my hair but I have to caution others that it broke within the year (so I took off 1 lippie) but BB&B replaced it with no problem. I hear that they have a new one out--so I might try the maxiglide MP.

on 7/13/2006 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the Maxiglide about a year ago and I am still very pleased with the product. I have very long wavy/curly hair that gets tangled easily so the little straightening pins in the plate of the iron really help with detangling. This iron makes my hair smooth and soft without damaging it. The iron retails for $80.00 but I bought mine @ Bed, Bath and Beyond and used a 20% off coupon so I got it for around $68 or so with tax.

on 5/15/2006 1:05:00 PM

I splurged and bought this because I had always wanted to straighten my hair, and I'd heard good things about this little iron. Well, not only was I NOT disappointed, but after you get used to using it, you can do you hair pretty quickly. As long as my hair is a bit oily before I use it (I usually wash my hair the night before, or go a day without washing), and I straighten it, the results will last for a few DAYS. I did this one day and went into work to not only have my co-workers compliment me, but customers as well! I am very impressed, and I do believe that the little pins help to straighten and maintain results. Worth the money, definitely!

on 2/8/2006 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

AWESOME! This is my number one beauty secret of all time. I bought mine from either HSN or ShopAtHome, but I've recently seen it available at Linens N Things. I have thick, wavy, frizzy hair that used to take over an hour, 2 different blow dryers and a flat iron to style it straight. Now, I let my hair "air dry" into a big fluffy crazy mess, and then "MaxiGlide" it perfectly straight, shiny and smooth in less than 15 minutes!! (Don't use it on wet hair. Air dry or blow dry, but no need for the round brush or any of that anymore) I don't use the steam feature at all. I've been using my MaxiGlide for almost 2 years, and it still works great. It does such an amazing job that I thought "This has GOT to be bad for my hair." My hair is colored and highlighted; so I worried that it might be fried in a few months. But 2 years later, my hair is still strong and healthy. Maybe it's because I don't have to blow dry any longer. Or because it does such a great job in just one pass. This product really changed my life! It's great in the summer, when the weather is hot and the last thing I want to do is blast a hot blow dryer at my head for 30 minutes! I couldn't live without this flat iron! I just might buy a few spares; just in case they ever get discontinued. This purchase was the best $80 I ever spent! continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

After seeing the fun Euro guy on so many infomercials, I gave in and bought this even though I have 3 other irons that work to varying degrees.All I can say is : Yessssssss. This flat iron cuts my straightening time from 30 minutes (which I thought was the rock-bottom for my healthy thick-yet-fluffy wavy hair) down to 10 MINUTES. I can hardly believe how quickly this works and how soft it makes my hair. This is way way better then any professional straightening iron I have had used on my hair, and it is the only one that has ever left my hair feeling better then before I ironed it. The only difficulty I have had with it is that I have small hands and sometimes I find it difficult to press the steam button while holding the iron, but that is negligible. I have joined the Cult of Maxius!!

on 12/11/2005 11:15:00 PM

My sister bought the maxiglide, and of course, i just had to try it and see what's so great about it... my sister loves it and raves about it, but sadly, it doesn't have the same effect on me. The one thing I like about it is that it has built-in pins to comb through and detangle hair while simultaneously straightening, which definitely helps in cutting styling time down to 15-20 min. compared to my usual 30-45 minutes. Other than that, i really found this flat iron just average compared to other higher end brands that i've tried. It doesn't quite straighten my hair perfectly, not even in one glide... I usually have to run it through at least 2-3 times to achieve the style that I want. I do not like that it's big and bulky, and certainly not travel-friendly (unless you have tons of room to spare). And also, in humid weather, my hair will go back to curly/frizzy. I guess this one's just not for me... I'd pick T3, Sedu, or Chi over this any day!

on 8/29/2005 11:17:00 AM

What an awesome iron! It gets my hair super straight in one swipe. I don't use the steam option as I heard it can damage your hair (any moisture while flat ironing is a no-no and can lead to bubble hair). I always use a siclicone based heat protectant before ironing as well. One swipe, and my semi-course wavy frizzy hair is smooth and sleek. It has body as well! This iron also works great to flip out the ends. I think the best feature is the ceramic pins that almost comb the hair while straightening...makes hair smoother. :) Definite repurchase if it ever breaks! I highly recommend!

on 8/1/2005 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this iron for a year now & still think it is the best! My hair still is silky and soft not damaged. My mother loved it so much that she stole it from me a few months back and so I decided to try the T3 iron as a replacement so I went to Sephora for the big spurge well I can say it doesn't hold a candle next to my Maxiglide so I returned it and purchased another Maxiglide for myself! Its that good!! I love the steam button for my thick hair. I do wish that it was as light and sleek as the T3 but since the Maxiglide is bigger it takes me a lot less time to do all my hair. For reference I have very thick long wavy highlighted hair.

Popular Hair Styling Tools