Maxiglide iron

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
 Maxiglide iron

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

a gift from the heavens, my holy grail hair tool, my lifeblood. seriously, this iron can take care of my 3c hair in 40 min. that 40min down from 3hrs! yes, it is truly amazing. TRULY!

on 9/26/2005 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have thick, naturally wavy, long, color-treated hair that has always been hard to straighten (i thank my grandmother's heritage for this!) Whenever I have used a blow-dryer and brush to attempt sleeker locks, my hair has never looked silky or really good, just poofy. I admit I love the body and texture my hair has when I am having a great wavy hair day, but with the humidity around here, it's not always a good hair day. By the end of my day, I often end up with partially straight, partially wavy hair, even after applying curling serums & lotions! But I have been blessed with a good head of hair, despite its lack of cooperation.
anyway, back to straightening it. After treating my hair with ojon, and then letting it air dry, then applying a heat protective serum, I pulled out the maxiglide and was fairly amazed at the sleekness of my hair with the first swipe. I think I oohhed and ahhed way too many times in 15-20 minutes it took to get my whole head done. I have A LOT of hair so taking only that long was already a plus in my styling book. When I was finished I kept touching my hair, since I couldn't believe how good it looked. My DH isn't used to my hair being so straight, so he had no comment that night. However, a few friends loved it and were even more impressed that it only took 15 minutes!
I decided not to wash my hair the next morning (since it didn't feel icky), but do some touch-up swipes before heading out the door. Again, it was going to be a good hair day! and finally I got a positive response from my DH. He said I looked sexy! Guess we're keeping the maxiglide!
* a side note for why i can't give the maxiglide a 5 -- my hair was a little frizzier than normal the day after i washed the straightness away. but i couldn't tell if it was the weather or the result of having straightened it.

Popular Hair Styling Tools