Maxiglide iron

Filtered by skin type : Dry
 Maxiglide iron

4.3

on 1/13/2010 1:53:00 PM

I LOOOOOVE this flat iron. I purchased the XP version 5 years ago and it was my very first flat iron. It's worked perfectly everytime. And it still works wonderfully now. Just follow the instructions carefully and you won't have any problems. I'm surprised about the complaints about this iron. It does snag if you don't brush out the tangles in your hair beforehand and clamp down hard and pull the iron through your hair (which you're not supposed to do). It also works fast. My entire head of hair was straight in under 20min. I hardly ever got split ends. My hair is normally thin, coarse, wavy, curly, frizzy and desert dry. After using this product, you would never think I had hair issues. My hair would be silky, smooth, shiny...perfect looking. The only cons for this product is that it's heavy. However, i'm going to buy the Maxius MAXIglide MP and Maxiessentials Hair Care Set on HSN.com (Item: 558-278). I bought the Infinity Conair Nano Silver flat iron for $80 thinking it was a better and lighter iron and boy was I mistaken! The Conair flat iron killed my hair. Never again!!! ...I'm sticking with MAXIglide!!!

I've had this iron for about six months. At first, I really liked it. It does straighten quickly, although the pins took some getting use to and my steam button didn't work too well. After about two months I noticed my hair starting to break off A LOT at the ends. I never noticed this happening with any other flat irons I've owned. I tried replacing the pin plate with the flat plate that came with the set. That helped somewhat, but recently I noticed that the ceramic coating was starting to peel off. For the money, you can do a lot better. I'm getting rid of the Maxiglide and getting a flat iron with solid ceramic plates.

on 2/8/2006 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

AWESOME! This is my number one beauty secret of all time. I bought mine from either HSN or ShopAtHome, but I've recently seen it available at Linens N Things. I have thick, wavy, frizzy hair that used to take over an hour, 2 different blow dryers and a flat iron to style it straight. Now, I let my hair "air dry" into a big fluffy crazy mess, and then "MaxiGlide" it perfectly straight, shiny and smooth in less than 15 minutes!! (Don't use it on wet hair. Air dry or blow dry, but no need for the round brush or any of that anymore) I don't use the steam feature at all. I've been using my MaxiGlide for almost 2 years, and it still works great. It does such an amazing job that I thought "This has GOT to be bad for my hair." My hair is colored and highlighted; so I worried that it might be fried in a few months. But 2 years later, my hair is still strong and healthy. Maybe it's because I don't have to blow dry any longer. Or because it does such a great job in just one pass. This product really changed my life! It's great in the summer, when the weather is hot and the last thing I want to do is blast a hot blow dryer at my head for 30 minutes! I couldn't live without this flat iron! I just might buy a few spares; just in case they ever get discontinued. This purchase was the best $80 I ever spent! continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Its great period. makes your hair silky no matter what.

Popular Hair Styling Tools