Maxiglide iron

Filtered by skin type : Other
 Maxiglide iron

4.4

on 8/18/2008 3:17:00 PM

I LOVE THIS FLAT IRON!!! I would give it 100 lippies...I used to be a flat ironing queen before I transitioned to natural hair but this is perfect for people with A LOT of thick hair. Even with my natural hair the maxiglide does a magnificent job. There are pins within the plates that hold your hair inside the iron, and the backside of the iron still allows you to add a nice bend/ bump to the ends of your hair. Even the steam function is cool, I thought it would make your hair frizzy but I usually use it on my hair ends... I'm not sure if it helps but it doesn't hurt either. My only dislike of the Maxiglide is that the cord doesn't swivel, and after twisting it over and over again the cord needs to be untwisted after a while. If the price is a concern I would wait until one of those 20% off coupons came from Bed Bath and Beyond...

This is better than the Chi....by far! It's a little heavy, but worth it for so much less work. I love it. Just wanted to add that if you are worried about how some of the reviews complain about their hair being pulled out...not sure why they would add that since it gives you the option of switching from the plate with teeth (that can pull ) to two smooth plates that do not pull. I use the smooth plates, no pulling, works great in half the time of smaller irons.

on 12/28/2006 5:45:00 AM

I've been using this iron for about more than 6 months? I like it because it straighten my hair quickly and I'm not afraid to use it on the back of my head because it doesn't really touch my scalp to cause burns, the only thing is that it kinda hard to manipulate smaller parts of the hair cause it's big, and also the plates falls off sometimes so it shows that it's not really high quality.

I love the maxiglide! I have a lot of hair that gets really frizzy and wavy. The first time I used the maxiglide I thought it was a little heavy, but now i'm used to it. (i've had it for 5 months now) Everytime I use it I can finish all my hair in 5 minutes! It's makes it so silky, soft and shiny and people always tell me how much they love my hair! For $80, it's a real bargin.

on 12/24/2005 6:53:00 PM

I have 4b coarse hair and didn't expect this iron to straighten my (need a relaxer hair). To my pleasant surprise, it did straighten in one trip on the 9 setting. I, however, am returning the product. I gave up my other ceramic iron because it snagged my hair. This one snags the hair and the hair is not smooth after it is flat iron'd. I definitely will have to curl it and smooth it out with the flat plate or curlers. Also, it was so big that I was scared that it was going to burn me. They really need to make this smaller. In any case, I bought it from folica.com and got it in 3 days with FREE SHIPPING.

on 11/21/2005 11:35:00 AM

This iron is awesome! I have the jilbere but found that it left my hair dry and fried. I used a heat protectant and with the jilbere, residue from the product would build on up on iron and burn! it was just gross....with the maxiglide, I don't feel like my hair is getting fried at all. It looks shinier and I don't have to straighten so as long because it does such a great job on the first run through my hair. I def recommend this flat iron.

on 10/1/2005 12:55:00 AM

I just bought and used my maxiglide for the first time today. I have what I call "difficult hair"- shoulder dusting length hair- semi straight with weird cowlicks all over so my hair will flip out on one side and go under on the other. I also have a cowlick on the top back of my head and the hair wants to spilt there. I have a widows peak as well in the bang area. God must have over looked me when he was giving out the good hair ! If I just blow dry my hair it looks awful. I have to use hot curlers or a straight iron. I was using a Chi flat iron before I invested in the maxiglide. The Chi does an ok job- but I have to go over most areas several times- and the ends would still flip out! With the Maxiglide I just did one sweep thought each section and my hair was straight right down to the ends! My hair never looked better than it looked today. No fliping ends- my cowlick on the back laid down perfectly- no hairspray needed. I was impressed that my hair had a shine to it that it normally never has. The weight of the maxiglide is not too bad. It is an even weight so it felt comfortable to hold on to when doing my hair. The steam button is something I may not use- perhap if you have very course or curly hair- but for me I do not think steam is necessary. I am quite pleased with the maxiglide thus far - I would recommend this to anyone .

Popular Hair Styling Tools