Filtered by skin tone : Fair

on 8/15/2010 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love my maxi glide! In my opinion, it is the best hair straightener on the market. My hair is very thick, curly, frizzy and dry. Iíve experimented for years with ceramic irons (chi & sedu) and while they did straighten my hair, they did nothing to cut back on my uncontrollable frizz and dryness. This is the only product makes my hair look shiny and smooth. The maxi glide has completely changed my hair routine. In the past, I would blow dry my hair with a large round brush and then I would use a flat iron on it. My hair always looked dry and damaged, no matter how much conditioner I used. I could never let my hair grow long because I constantly had to get trims to cut off all the breakage from all those heating tools.

This all changed when I got my maxi glide! My routine is so simple now Ė I just shampoo and condition my hair, towel dry, then apply some citre shine serum, a little leave-in conditioner, and a good straightening lotion (like Ruskís str8.) I then let my hair air dry. I turn my maxi glide up to about 4 (it goes to 10) and run it through my hair. The maxi glide spins my frizzy blonde hair into golden silk! I agree that the steam can be VERY hot Ė I do not use a burst until I am nearing the end of my hair. The steam keeps my ends hydrated and looking so healthy. Because of the maxi glide, I now have long (itís now to my mid-back), healthy, straight hair. Iíll never ever use another straightener!

I'd have to chime in here with I love, love, love this product. I bought it off their website on a whim and I am definitely glad I did. The price was a little steep at the time but considering how much I use it, it more than makes up for the expense.

It heats up quickly. It works great. Straight hair in half the time of other straighteners I've used.

Just a few things in regards to other posts that I see: you shouldn't use the steam function until the appliance is a couple of inches away from the scalp (this is in their instructions) otherwise, yes, you will get burned. Also the little "combs" are not really meant to de-tangle your hair. Use a comb or brush to go through your hair to remove big tangles before using. The combs are there more for separating your hair so it can receive even heating from the appliance.

It is a little heavier than other straighteners, but as you don't have to pull and clamp down on your hair in order to get your hair straight with this tool, you won't notice that for long. 20 min and I'm done (I have long, wavy hair).

Definite full 5 lippies on this one. Would never purchase any other straightener.

I have been using the Maxiglide for over 2 years now. I do not use the pinned plate because it does not straighten my hair as well as the two flat plates. I love this flat iron, but i gave it 4 lippies because the ceramic coating on the plates have chipped off and when i went on their website it states in the FAQ's that it won't hurt your hair to use it when that happens......I have noticed it's really damaging my hair now and i am going to have to purchase a new iron.... It worked great with very little damage to my fine, long blonde hair until the plates started chipping away. I think I am going to purchase a GHD.........hopefully it's not too hot for my hair, with no temp control.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this at Bed Bath & Beyond, not through the infomercial. I think it was around $70. This is definitely one of the best flat irons I have ever used. It makes the straightening process much faster, but it does rip my hair out if I try to iron too big of a section, go to quickly, or don't do a little detangling beforehand. My hair was breaking off very badly last summer, and one of my stylists thought it was because of this iron. I started using a Teflon-coated 1-inch ceramic from Remmington instead that works pretty well...but I when I went home from college one weekend I decide to try the Maxiglide again. It worked very well and didn't pull out as much hair as I thought it would. I think I am going to try it on my hair while it is curly the next time I am home. The only other thing I didn't like about the Maxiglide was that is such a hassle to clean!!! I have to SCRUB with dish soap and a toothbrush to get off all of the gunk, otherwise it builds up.

on 3/2/2008 1:17:00 AM

I have had my Maxiglide for 2 years now. This is without a doubt the BEST flatiron I have ever used and I have tried them all. I have thick curly waist length hair. I used to only dream about having silky, shiny, smooth straight hair and now I have it ! With other flatirons my hair looked dry and flat with no motion, almost wig like. Now each strand has a healthy looking flow and bounce ( I curl the ends). I can run the smallest comb thru my hair which I could never do before...it amazing! This has cut down my blowdrying/styling time by an hour or more, sometimes I just let my hair air dry, then run the Maxiglide thru it. I'm no longer a slave to my hair. My hair still looks great the next day! It took a little time getting used to it, about a week or so, heats up fast and I havnt had a problem w/ it in 2 years. I LOVE my Maxiglide.. Best purchase I ever made !!

I bought this because my other hair straightener just seemed to flatten my hair and not really straighten it. The price was a bit steep, but I had a coupon for BB&B so it took some money off. It comes with a DVD showing you how to use it. The DVD has that annoying girl from the infomercial "it's a meer-a-culll" and some lady with dirty fingernails showing you how to operate it, but I'm not reviewing that. Anyway, it's easy to use. A bit clunky, but I'm glad it won't burn my neck, like past straighteners have. Has a steam burst button which really softens your hair. You have to "glide" this through your hair or risk taking out a few dozen strands. You really don't need to apply pressure while using this. Heats up quickly which is good, and my hair doesn't get all puffy and wavy at the end of the day.

Overall it's the best straightener I've used.

on 10/6/2007 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the BEST straightener I have ever used. I know it has something to do with the comb-like pins on the plate. My hair is fine, color-treated, wavy, damaged and very fluffy on the ends. This straightens my hair out beautifully in about 5-10 minutes. Plus it makes my hair look extremely HEALTHY and my hair has not looked healthy since I was 13. I do admit that it is a little awkward to use on the back of my head so I separate the back into 2 sections (this helps a lot). I would definately repurchase.

EDIT:
I still love how this straightener works on my hair but I have to caution others that it broke within the year (so I took off 1 lippie) but BB&B replaced it with no problem. I hear that they have a new one out--so I might try the maxiglide MP.

Well after seeing the guy on the commercials, I finally gave in and got the MaxiGlide. Despite the fact that it sounds like a variety of tampon, it's pretty good. The pins are the the only reason I got it though. I hate having to use a brush along with a straightener, it's just annoying. The pins are good for that. The problem with the straightener is that it's cheap quality, heavy, and bulky for traveling.Also, I'm a major product elitist and don't like having a straightener that's on an infomercial and created by a european guy in a ponytail. Plus the "hair flipping" feature is funny, who would ever want their hair to be that flipped up? Anyway, if you've tried everything else and want something better, this is worth a try. However, if you haven't, try the chi. I got my 2 chi flatirons in the mail today (a pink small one and a bigger one) and they're great.

on 8/16/2007 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The BEST flat iron hands down. Definetly gets your hair straight with little effort. It isn't too damaging however I would use a heat protectant of some kind on your hair if you are going to use it everyday. Also mine came with 2 products to keep your hair straight in any weather. They really work! hardly any friz on the rainiest days!

I just bought this yesterday, tried it today and am LOVING it! I have naturally curly, thick, frizz prone hair and this iron does the trick for me! I am used to the cheap hair straightener that takes FOREVER to use. I was shocked at how quick this does. It really took me about 10 min to do all of my hair. Yes, it is kind of awkward, because it's large and hard to hold on to, but I think once i get use to the feeling, It will be fine. I am so glad I spent more money and got a good product. It's defintely worth every penny! I use the 4 setting heat also and so far, so good. The key is... don't pull too hard or squeeze the iron too hard. Let it glide through you hair for the best results. Hence the name!! Seriously, this is an excellent flat iron. You've gotta try this if you want the beautiful shiny healthy hair.

Popular Hair Styling Tools