Maxiglide iron

Maxiglide iron

on 11/14/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Curly haired ladies, the "teeth" will undoubtedly rip your hair out! There is some kind of contraption that strands of my hair would get caught in and snap off. I hated this thing and the steam feature is just ridiculous! Glad I sold it. I'm so much happier with my Solia.

on 2/13/2010 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i didn't like this, it didn't work for my hair.

Pros: hmmm theres really nothing good about this

Cons:
-huge and bulky
-the lil comb things on the iron pull out your hair
-the steam really dosnt help
-dosnt straighten well
-cant get close to your scalp or you'll get stream burns

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This flat iron is bulky and very difficult to use. It also adds another 2hrs to the hair straightening process. My hair is very curly. I must get the thinnest sections and flat iron them with this because otherwise it would pull my hair (it hurts). The styling products that came along with it are quite good. Having to fill the tiny chamber with water every 10 minutes is irritating. Because of the size, I can't get it too close to my scalp otherwise I get burned. I thought this would be a good investment but I was wrong. It was a waste of money. I think I've used it all of 5 times and I've had it for over 2 years. I really don't like it. WARNING: YOU WILL HAVE LARGE AMOUNT OF HAIR IN THE PINS. IT LITERALLY YANKS THEM OUT. I also noticed that the smoothness didn't last. My hair frizzed out by the end of the evening (with my aveda anti-humectant!!!) The only thing I did like was the 'Beyond Straight' that came with it. It really does leave hair bouncy and shiny after a blow dry, not air dry, blow dry.

on 8/9/2008 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Personally, I don't own this iron. But one of my best friends does and i have used it countless times. I hated this iron with a passion. It does not make hair pin straight, it snags and pulls hair out, and it turns my hair into a frizzball! It is a piece of crap. My friend says she loves it, but she always complains about the frizz. She refuses to accept that this iron is what turns it into that frizzballl. I hate this iron and i would never recomend to anyone.

on 7/8/2008 7:55:00 PM

Saw the commercials and I had to get it! I have very thick, long hair. It took me an hour to straighten my hair. My hair was pulled occasionally. After using it, my hair would frizz up. Then within months, it broke! I'm glad it broke because otherwise I wouldn't have discovered the Chi Turbo. Will NOT be repurchasing.

on 5/9/2007 4:53:00 PM

This iron is the worst I've ever purchased. After giving it several attempts, I threw it in the back of my closet. It's heavy, the steam chamber leaks, and it rips out your hair.

Unfortunately, I was suckered in when I saw the infomercial. I should have just flushed the $70 or so I spent on the iron down the toilet.

on 8/15/2006 12:20:00 PM

Okay, let me first preface this review. This producut really works well--not drying out, yet straightening my naturally curly hair. But, BEWARE! My first maxiglide lasted 1 month, then it just stopped heating up. Because I loved the results, I repurchased 5 months ago, and today it stopped working! I am just livid. The top of the iron seemed to have overheated during my last use and melted a bit, kind of warping it. Therefore, it does not close properly. UGH! I am so mad! For the price:$80, the quality is not there. The cheesy packaging with the girl on the box should have been a red flag. Beware if you buy this product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

it was good at first. until it broke my hair, i had to cut off good 3 inches off of my hair because it damaged it so much. my hairdresser said because of it my hair was dry and unhealthy. not worth the money, even if it costed $15 i wouldnt buyt it again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This flat iron sucks. The only reason I gave it a lippie @ all is because the pins are good for the coarse hair @ your scalp. Speaking as a curly w/ 3c/4a hair, this is a waste of money. All it did was make my hair super frizzy and fuzzy. It sucks! Black girls, beware.

on 12/31/2007 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is going straight back to HSN where I got it. For one, I hope mine isn't defective because it just doesn't seem to get very hot at all, even on the highest setting of #10. I have never even seen steam coming off my hair on the highest setting even using the steam burst thing. I've varied the number of times I've worked on a section of hair, and varied how fast/slow I glide it through my hair. I have used this six different times to give it the benefit of the doubt. I mean for $80+ it should be awesome.....I've watched the informercials, etc etc etc.....Well what this did for my hair was nothing close to what they showed and I have very thick, naturally curly hair that frizzes like a mo-fo. I tried everything from different heat settings, to using different size sections of hair, different styling products to using nothing at all.....none of it made a difference. AND this iron made my ends look like hell, I mean like I held a lit candle to them. No matter what I did or used on the ends both before and after, and no matter how long I ironed the ends or didn't iron them (to try to protect them more) they still looked awful The only thing that rescued my hair to make the ends look not so dead was to use my old Revlon Ceramic flat iron. I also added some more conditioner to my ends and sealed it in with my cheapie iron and was finally happy with the results. I'm really sad to say that my old cheap iron completely outperforms this MaxiGlide. The only plus to the Maxiglide is the straightening pins.....so if I can find a Revlon with the same pins, I'd be in heaven. I learned a good lesson with this iron- just because the infomercials promise you the moon and the stars doesn't mean it is for everyone. Granted I know the reviews are outstanding....I am just praying that if I get this replaced with a new one and I get the same crappy results, I will know for sure the iron as a whole is garbage for me. I feel jealous of the other people here who have great experiences with it.

Popular Hair Styling Tools