Maxiglide iron

Maxiglide iron

on 8/23/2007 8:10:00 PM

Wow. Where do I start? I'm half Jamaican and half Japanese and my hair is unruly, frizzy, dry, HUGE, tangled, etcetcetc.

I'm not very good with words so I'll just show pictures.

(Curly side) Before MAXIglide --

(Straight side) After MAXIglide --

Full head:

The MAXIglide is amazing. There isn't anything negative I can say about this product.

It usually takes me about 4 hours to straighten my hair with a regular flat iron but with this it took me about a hour to a hour and a half MAXIMUM. I was so suprised. I was actually ENJOYING straightening my hair for once.

I definitely reccomend this.

**EDIT**
Atfer a while, it doesn't work as well so I gave it to my friend.
I bought a new flat iron from Sally's called "Hot N' Silky" and it's A LOT better. Cheaper too! xD

on 8/1/2005 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this iron for a year now & still think it is the best! My hair still is silky and soft not damaged. My mother loved it so much that she stole it from me a few months back and so I decided to try the T3 iron as a replacement so I went to Sephora for the big spurge well I can say it doesn't hold a candle next to my Maxiglide so I returned it and purchased another Maxiglide for myself! Its that good!! I love the steam button for my thick hair. I do wish that it was as light and sleek as the T3 but since the Maxiglide is bigger it takes me a lot less time to do all my hair. For reference I have very thick long wavy highlighted hair.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This flat iron sucks. The only reason I gave it a lippie @ all is because the pins are good for the coarse hair @ your scalp. Speaking as a curly w/ 3c/4a hair, this is a waste of money. All it did was make my hair super frizzy and fuzzy. It sucks! Black girls, beware.

on 10/19/2008 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best thing to ever happen to my hair. I have owned 2 now...I ordered the original model 4 years ago and recently purchased the new MP, simply because I wanted something a little smaller and less bulky and it came with 2 full size bottles of his products, The End and Beyond Straight, which are fantastic. My old one is now my back up ;)

I've been using this iron on and off for 4 years. The past 6 months, I've been wearing my hair straight exclusively (I have naturally very curly, thick, dry hair). I've owned a ton of straightening irons before and NOTHING comes even close to my Maxiglide. It makes my hair stick straight, shiny and so soft. Now, it does take some getting used to as you don't use it the same way you do other irons. You CANNOT squeeze or pull! That's when hair breaks. You have to follow their directions exactly but once you get the hang of it, it's so simple. I truly believe if you're hair is turning frizzy from this it's because you are not using it properly! The steam function makes a HUGE difference on my ends. Honestly, my hair's condition has improved using this...as when I wear my hair natural, I have to wash and blow dry daily, but when its straight I can let it air dry, straighten and then leave it alone for a couple days without washing. I love my hair thanks to Maxiglide.

Well after seeing the guy on the commercials, I finally gave in and got the MaxiGlide. Despite the fact that it sounds like a variety of tampon, it's pretty good. The pins are the the only reason I got it though. I hate having to use a brush along with a straightener, it's just annoying. The pins are good for that. The problem with the straightener is that it's cheap quality, heavy, and bulky for traveling.Also, I'm a major product elitist and don't like having a straightener that's on an infomercial and created by a european guy in a ponytail. Plus the "hair flipping" feature is funny, who would ever want their hair to be that flipped up? Anyway, if you've tried everything else and want something better, this is worth a try. However, if you haven't, try the chi. I got my 2 chi flatirons in the mail today (a pink small one and a bigger one) and they're great.

on 5/9/2007 4:53:00 PM

This iron is the worst I've ever purchased. After giving it several attempts, I threw it in the back of my closet. It's heavy, the steam chamber leaks, and it rips out your hair.

Unfortunately, I was suckered in when I saw the infomercial. I should have just flushed the $70 or so I spent on the iron down the toilet.

I took the advice of a previous reviewer and used a coupon at Bed, Bath, Beyond. Without a doubt, this is the easiest hair apparatus that I've ever used!

My hair is very treated with color, both permanent and semi-permanent, and has been recovering from a relaxing that I did earlier this year.

This iron gets VERY hot, up to 476 degrees, so I keep it between setting 5 and 6 and it really gets the job done. People don't believe me when I tell them that my usual texture is someting like Barbra Streisand's from 'Meet the Fockers' movie.

Works so fantastically, it is a holy grail for me. My hair is super ringlet curly and frizzy, very coarse and heavy with a million strands, and I didn't want to spend 9 million dollars or so (practically) on the Japanese thermal straightening systems out there (which works terrifically for my rich friends, don't get me wrong). I'm just fed up with my frizz and hair's unmanageability and this cures it.

Try it, you'll be thrilled. If you can get the BBB coupon, an even better deal. Since I've been using it awhile now, I would also add that your hair needs to be completely dry before using, and if you use a product like the MATRIX Sleek.look flat iron spray, it will really help the process. Be sure that your hair isn't terribly tangled before you start, or the hair could get pulled with the detangling pins on the Maxiglide.

Also be sure to clean your iron frequently, from both the hair that gets trapped and also any product buildup. I'm sure that it will help the iron last a lot longer and also help the process. It takes me about 15-30 mins. to do my hair and I only have do it once a week, or if I want it pin straight, every 5 days. Hope that this review helps.

This is my 1st review!
I think this is a fantastic iron. My naturally curly/wavy hair when dry is like fluffy spongey cotton candy. Not exactly sexy! However I used this iron after doing an overnight conditioning treatment with Sebastian Laminates Mask. I rinsed the Mask out in the morning and then combed through a small amount of L'Oreal's Shine Serum (orange bottle) and proceeded to let my hair air dry in a firm ponytail. After using the Maxi-Glide my-hair-is-like-glass! It is sleek, shiny and absolutely feels like spun silk.
Those little straightening pins in the iron make a big difference. They allow your hair to have much more movement and be free-flowing as opposed to other irons which just kind of mash your hair down. My hair feels like sleek, slippery ice! LOL
I got my Maxi-Glide at Bed Bath & Beyond, and I had a $5 off coupon (check your weekly mail circulars) so it was just about $80. Iron is a bit heavy, so takes some getting used to (hence 4 stars instead of 5). I've used the CHI iron, Sedu and also the T3 Tourmaline and if I had to choose I would choose the Maxi-Glide for sure.

on 2/8/2006 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

AWESOME! This is my number one beauty secret of all time. I bought mine from either HSN or ShopAtHome, but I've recently seen it available at Linens N Things. I have thick, wavy, frizzy hair that used to take over an hour, 2 different blow dryers and a flat iron to style it straight. Now, I let my hair "air dry" into a big fluffy crazy mess, and then "MaxiGlide" it perfectly straight, shiny and smooth in less than 15 minutes!! (Don't use it on wet hair. Air dry or blow dry, but no need for the round brush or any of that anymore) I don't use the steam feature at all. I've been using my MaxiGlide for almost 2 years, and it still works great. It does such an amazing job that I thought "This has GOT to be bad for my hair." My hair is colored and highlighted; so I worried that it might be fried in a few months. But 2 years later, my hair is still strong and healthy. Maybe it's because I don't have to blow dry any longer. Or because it does such a great job in just one pass. This product really changed my life! It's great in the summer, when the weather is hot and the last thing I want to do is blast a hot blow dryer at my head for 30 minutes! I couldn't live without this flat iron! I just might buy a few spares; just in case they ever get discontinued. This purchase was the best $80 I ever spent! continued >>

on 10/1/2005 12:55:00 AM

I just bought and used my maxiglide for the first time today. I have what I call "difficult hair"- shoulder dusting length hair- semi straight with weird cowlicks all over so my hair will flip out on one side and go under on the other. I also have a cowlick on the top back of my head and the hair wants to spilt there. I have a widows peak as well in the bang area. God must have over looked me when he was giving out the good hair ! If I just blow dry my hair it looks awful. I have to use hot curlers or a straight iron. I was using a Chi flat iron before I invested in the maxiglide. The Chi does an ok job- but I have to go over most areas several times- and the ends would still flip out! With the Maxiglide I just did one sweep thought each section and my hair was straight right down to the ends! My hair never looked better than it looked today. No fliping ends- my cowlick on the back laid down perfectly- no hairspray needed. I was impressed that my hair had a shine to it that it normally never has. The weight of the maxiglide is not too bad. It is an even weight so it felt comfortable to hold on to when doing my hair. The steam button is something I may not use- perhap if you have very course or curly hair- but for me I do not think steam is necessary. I am quite pleased with the maxiglide thus far - I would recommend this to anyone .

Popular Hair Styling Tools