Maxiglide iron

Maxiglide iron

3.2

on 2/13/2010 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i didn't like this, it didn't work for my hair.

Pros: hmmm theres really nothing good about this

Cons:
-huge and bulky
-the lil comb things on the iron pull out your hair
-the steam really dosnt help
-dosnt straighten well
-cant get close to your scalp or you'll get stream burns

on 8/9/2008 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Personally, I don't own this iron. But one of my best friends does and i have used it countless times. I hated this iron with a passion. It does not make hair pin straight, it snags and pulls hair out, and it turns my hair into a frizzball! It is a piece of crap. My friend says she loves it, but she always complains about the frizz. She refuses to accept that this iron is what turns it into that frizzballl. I hate this iron and i would never recomend to anyone.

on 7/8/2008 7:55:00 PM

Saw the commercials and I had to get it! I have very thick, long hair. It took me an hour to straighten my hair. My hair was pulled occasionally. After using it, my hair would frizz up. Then within months, it broke! I'm glad it broke because otherwise I wouldn't have discovered the Chi Turbo. Will NOT be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this at Bed Bath & Beyond, not through the infomercial. I think it was around $70. This is definitely one of the best flat irons I have ever used. It makes the straightening process much faster, but it does rip my hair out if I try to iron too big of a section, go to quickly, or don't do a little detangling beforehand. My hair was breaking off very badly last summer, and one of my stylists thought it was because of this iron. I started using a Teflon-coated 1-inch ceramic from Remmington instead that works pretty well...but I when I went home from college one weekend I decide to try the Maxiglide again. It worked very well and didn't pull out as much hair as I thought it would. I think I am going to try it on my hair while it is curly the next time I am home. The only other thing I didn't like about the Maxiglide was that is such a hassle to clean!!! I have to SCRUB with dish soap and a toothbrush to get off all of the gunk, otherwise it builds up.

on 8/23/2007 8:10:00 PM

Wow. Where do I start? I'm half Jamaican and half Japanese and my hair is unruly, frizzy, dry, HUGE, tangled, etcetcetc.

I'm not very good with words so I'll just show pictures.

(Curly side) Before MAXIglide --

(Straight side) After MAXIglide --

Full head:

The MAXIglide is amazing. There isn't anything negative I can say about this product.

It usually takes me about 4 hours to straighten my hair with a regular flat iron but with this it took me about a hour to a hour and a half MAXIMUM. I was so suprised. I was actually ENJOYING straightening my hair for once.

I definitely reccomend this.

**EDIT**
Atfer a while, it doesn't work as well so I gave it to my friend.
I bought a new flat iron from Sally's called "Hot N' Silky" and it's A LOT better. Cheaper too! xD

on 7/28/2007 3:06:00 AM

Thsi DID CHANGE MY LIFE!!ITS THE BEST HAIR STRAIGHTENER IRON EVER!!I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT #1 THOUGH!I LOOOVE MY MAXIGLIDE SOO MUCH

I love the maxiglide! I have a lot of hair that gets really frizzy and wavy. The first time I used the maxiglide I thought it was a little heavy, but now i'm used to it. (i've had it for 5 months now) Everytime I use it I can finish all my hair in 5 minutes! It's makes it so silky, soft and shiny and people always tell me how much they love my hair! For $80, it's a real bargin.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

a gift from the heavens, my holy grail hair tool, my lifeblood. seriously, this iron can take care of my 3c hair in 40 min. that 40min down from 3hrs! yes, it is truly amazing. TRULY!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Its great period. makes your hair silky no matter what.

Popular Hair Styling Tools