Smashbox Double Sided Shadow #20

No Image

3.5

on 9/29/2005 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

There are actually two versions of the #20 double sided shadow brush. Currently at Smashbox.com the #20 is a flat smudger brush with a foam smudger on the other end. The #20 I have came as part of a QVC.com kit. It has two sides with natural bristles. One end is a small flat domed brush for smudging and the other end is a narrower dense smudging end, that is similiar to Stila #4 but a tad bigger. Both are designed for smudging liners or powders. The small flat could be used to apply shadow on the lid, but I think its too small for that. As a smudger the brush works well. The bristles are short so you can get a nice smudge going. The thing i dislike is the double end. I cant put this in a cup holder so I just dont reach for it much. Retails for $28. Its a nice quality and great for smudging but I wouldnt repurchase since i dont like the double end.

Lovin this brush! One side is a domed thin brush, ideal for lid and crease work, the other side is a tapered thin brush great for crease and undereye lining. I love the look of the smashbox brushes, the shiny red lacquer w/black writing. The bristles are a good quality, my only gripe about the double ended brushes is that they dont have any kind of cap to put over at least one side so i can store them in my brush holder with the rest of my brushes. But aside from that, this brush is great for so many different techniques and great for color packing.

Popular Makeup Brushes