Sephora Professional Natural Smudge Brush #11

4.7

on 8/21/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

This is my 1st smudge brush, so I don't have any prior experience to compare its performance to. It does smudge my eyeliner nicely & applies powder shadow at my lashlines very easily for a super-quick & easy smoky eye (which I love) as light or as dark as I choose. Before I got the brush, it took so much effort & many steps getting the smoky effect just right (& sometimes not so right). I spent plenty of time in Sephora testing out various eye brushes & loved this 1 when I used it to smudge powder shadow throughout my lashlines in 4 seconds flat w/o any harsh edges that needed blending out, because the brush does the automatic job of blending while smudging & smoking the line. The long, slender, tapered handle makes the brush simple to manipulate. The short bristles are densely packed for firmness but have softness so they don't prick such delicate eye skin. I've grown so impatient w/beauty routines that I stopped bothering w/makeup anymore, but I look blah w/o makeup, & this brush makes it easy to attain a polished and/or smoldering look in basically 1 step using 1 product & 1 tool (plus mascara), so I'm more likely to wear some makeup. Thanks to this brush, washing makeup off my face is easier too (using powder instead of pencil or liquid liner), which is a huge plus. I may sound lazy, but anything that simplifies life while helping you look a little glamorous is worthwhile. :) I only wish it were a tiny bit smaller for my eyes so I could have more precise control for a more polished & a little less smoky look. Otherwise it's perfectly fine & I absolutely LOVE the little snap-on protective cover that comes w/it. I would feel that $18 is too much for a small brush, but the travel-friendly cap makes it worth it! I tried those mesh brush sleeves you buy separately, but they slide off too easily & I ruined them.

on 7/29/2012 4:28:00 PM

Maybe I am just not using it right, but I always feel like this brush isn't actually doing much when I try to smudge my eyeshadow. I always end up using a different brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been looking for a new smudge brush for a while and I decided on this one based upon the reviews. This brush is awesome! It smudges my eyeshadow and gives me the smokey look that I haven't been able to achieve with my old brush. The brush is made w/ pony hair so it is soft and not scratchy.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i bought this to smudge my under eye with shadow. it's to hard for me and stiff. i need something smaller maybe. so i've been using it to apply shadow to my top lid instead and it works good for that. uPDATE:I have used it more and maybe it softened up and I am now using it under the eye to smudge, as I intended.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a makeup artist. I have two for the kit, one for me. Cannot live or work without this multifunctional brush. Sweet!

on 6/15/2011 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this brush at Sephora based on the reviews here. And, wow. It's the BEST smudge brush I've used. Love it! It makes creating a smudged smokey eye very simple! The first time I used it, I just applied a little bit of dark shadow on the brush and applied it like a shadow liner, extending it outward. Viola! Cute smokey eye in a snap!

on 2/26/2011 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best tool to use to smudge or smoke your eyeliner! Or, after I apply eyeliner, I dip this brush in an eyeshadow that is the same color of my eyeliner and press the brush along the line. Your eyeliner will last for ever!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

great smudge brush.it deposits color exactly where you want it to. but be aware that sephora does not package their brushes.they're pretty much on display for everyone to touch...the reason i really don't shop for brushes at sephora.

on 1/31/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's ok, did not blow me away. Thought it was a little thick for shadow. I prefer a tapered brush for smudging. However good value for the price.

on 10/24/2010 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i've tried some smudge brushes, but didn't have any in my current collection, so i got this one bc there was a similar sephora smudge brush from awhile back that i had liked. as a smudge brush, i'm sure this is great, but that's not what i use smudge brushes for. i have small asian eyes w/out much lid space and standard sized eyeshadow brushes deposit way too much color. i prefer smaller brushes and was hoping this would be a good one to add to my collection, but the bristles were just too stiff. even when i try to smudge some shadow on my lower lash line, the color just goes where i originally put the brush down rather than smudging the color across. i think it's a high quality brush and maybe it'll work better for smudging eyeliner, but doesn't do a great job w/shadow

Popular Makeup Brushes