Bobbi Brown Extra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm

Bobbi Brown Extra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm
Extra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing BalmExtra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing BalmExtra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing BalmExtra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing BalmExtra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm

3.7

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.50% ,HOMOSALATE 5.00%, OXYBENZONE 5.00% ,AVOBENZONE 2.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU ,GLYCERIN ,PEG-4 DIHEPTANOATE ,BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2,BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) , CETEARYL ALCOHOL , CETYL ALCOHOL , GLYCERYL STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER ,EPILOBIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM EXTRACT ,DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT , SODIUM HYALURONATE , RETINYL PALMITATE , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SQUALANE , ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ,OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) , ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE), PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS (GERANIUM) FLOWER OIL, CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT CALIFORNIA) , ANGELICA ARCHANGELICA SEED OIL , CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) OIL , PHENYL TRIMETHICONE , DIMETHICONE, LECITHIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL , PEG-12 DIMETHICONE , DICETYL PHOSPHATE ,CETETH-10 PHOSPHATE, SORBITAN STEARATE ,POLYSORBATE 60 ,PEG-40 STEARATE, XANTHAN GUM , CITRIC ACID , TETRASODIUM EDTA , POTASSIUM SORBATE, CHLORPHENESIN ,PHENOXYETHANOL, LIMONENE, CITRONELLOL ,GERANIOL, LINALOOL, CITRAL , /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) , IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) , MICA

on 8/27/2016 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I wanted a product because my skin was turning dry over a period of time owing to medication... the bobbi brown counter in my country invariably ends up selling me the wrong shade or wrong product.. my skin is mostly normal to dry. This looks like oil on my face and it looks dark and the frangrance though lovely irritates the skin a little.They sold me a medium to dark tint whereas one of their other SA told me later that I should have picked up a light to medium.. and now they tell me we can't give u an exchange or a refund. I like the formula but hate the colour and the oiliness. I can manage and live with the oiliness too but the colour makes me look dull and dark and bobbi brown makeup up artists do it again to me. Mixing it with anything else that is lighter makes it even more greasy... an expensive product I am stuck with.

on 7/5/2016 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Originally I gave this a glowing 4 star review. After almost two weeks straight (every day) of attempted use/trial and error, unfortunately I have to re-score it with 1 star only.

When I fist purchased this, I was struck by how silky the formula was, as well as the fact it appeared to have a nice coverage and additional spf. I am one of those gals who goes for the dewy look, which can be difficult to achieve when you have skin as dry as mine... The issue for me with this product is that it NEVER DRIES OR SETS. You can add powder all day long and it just does nothing. Its almost as if this stuff repels powder. I wanted the dewy look; unfortunately this shines as if you slathered Vaseline all over your face. I looked terrible, like a total greaseball - which is very strange considering how dry my skin is. Again, this wasn't an issue of using too much product nor could the shine factor be blotted away. It also felt heavier than any foundation I had been using, and kind of felt like when you use a super heavy night cream, which was odd. While I wanted to love this, that just wasn't in the cards and I had to return it.

Hands down, best stuff ever!!! I dip the corner of a fresh make-up sponge in to the jar and scoop out the amount I need for a whole application and wipe it on to the back of my hand. I figure it cuts down on the contamination fear I have read about in previous reviews. Then I slightly moisten the sponge, apply a little of the moister Balm and dap it on to my face and neck. It melts in to fine wrinkles but does not dry or clog my pores or flake like all the other products I have used. It evens my skin tone very nice, I use light/medium. I have very sensitive skin and after two weeks of use I am still rash free. I started out with a small amount at first and found that to be very helpful, because a lot is just not needed. Also, I do not find the smell of this product very strong or nasty and my sense of smell is normal, so I'm not sure what that is all about. However, I am not that sensitive in that department either. The cost is a little high, but since I don't use a lot and the jar is big, I'm sure it will last for a long time. I also read about the shiny appearance and it is true, but it does not last very long and I found that after letting it sit on my face for a little while I can pat my face with my dry palms and reduce the shininess without removing product. The shine by the way is caused by the sunscreen. I conclude by saying, that I found the product that is right for me and I'm glad I purchased it.

on 3/4/2016 3:27:00 AM

Love this tinted moisturising balm. It is perfect for a mature skin and leaves a fresh dewy finish that diminishes fine lines and makes my complexion look bright and healthy. I use it with a cream blush; fantastic. Blends perfectly and never clumps in fine lines or around hairline. Love it, love it, love it. Wear it everyday and I love the SPF25 to protect my skin from harmful UV rays.

on 12/22/2015 7:46:00 PM

bobbi while i love you this was mediocre to me. It was a pleasing consistency but It left my dry skin looking shiny and oily yet still dry. I wanted to love this I really did but i don't. It is something i will use around the house or when I'm running a quick errand as i paid a lot for this jar of balm.

on 5/16/2015 10:11:00 AM

Love the consistency, the feeling on my skin, the high SPF and the colour range. But I just can not stand the smell. Also the jar packaging is not my cup of tea. Will not buy it again and only use it once a week or even once a month. All because of the smell. Sorry Bobbi!

on 5/7/2015 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love anything that calls itself a "balm"—to me, it means its inherently hydrating—so I was excited to find this while browsing the BB counter.

The color is perfect (light to medium) and it's SO moisturizing. The first few times I used it, I used my fingers and wasn't loving the way it spread, but now I apply with a damp BeautyBlender and it couldn't be easier. Plus, it gives my skin an extra dewy look.

Another plus: It sinks right in, so it doesn't look like I'm rocking a makeup mask. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just got my package today, and I tore into it like a gazelle. It's beautiful, and it's the first time in the past two weeks that I finally look human. Initially, I would not have looked twice as I generally strictly adhere to a +4 score here, but my dry sensitive skin eczema prone skin was getting desperate as I was overcoming another episode of burning, agonizing flakes.

This, combined with my new Sulwhassoo skincare samples got me back to normal. I've noted that a lot of the negative reviews are oily skin, but if your skin matches mine as described, it will be a light, non-greasy godsend with sheer coverage. People who buy into it looking for full will be disappointed but I feel that it does a good job of neutralizing the redness. Set it with a slight touch of TF Primed and Poreless as that's also great for sensitive skin. I honestly enjoy it better then most BB creams, as I've cycled through my fair share. I bought mine in 'light to medium', and though I was afraid of it being a tad dark per other reviews, it melded beautifully into my skin tone and I was easily able to highlight my face more naturally.

on 2/16/2015 8:48:00 PM

I'm nearing the end of my jar and being a fickle product junkie, I'm thinking about whether to replace it. However, I'm worried I won't be as happy with something else!

My skin is mature, normal-to-combo in hot, humid conditions, somewhat dry in winter. I often have problems with heavy creams causing blackheads and clogged pores, but have used this summer and winter with no problem. I apply it with a Beauty Blender sponge, and maybe am applying it sparingly.

My foundation shade tends to be second from the lightest in most lines. I got this in "extra light" and it's a good match.

No one needs fragrance on their skin whatsoever. While lavender is nice it really has no business on skin. There are mixed reports on whether it is phototoxic, estrogen disrupting, irritating and sensitizing as all essential(volatile) oils contain constituents that have the potential to irritate. And there are reports on it's supposed calming effects. My opinion is to avoid it in general, without the fragrance I would definitely consider keeping this product, though pricey.