Bobbi Brown Extra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm

Bobbi Brown Extra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm

3.7

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.50% ,HOMOSALATE 5.00%, OXYBENZONE 5.00% ,AVOBENZONE 2.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU ,GLYCERIN ,PEG-4 DIHEPTANOATE ,BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2,BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) , CETEARYL ALCOHOL , CETYL ALCOHOL , GLYCERYL STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER ,EPILOBIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM EXTRACT ,DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT , SODIUM HYALURONATE , RETINYL PALMITATE , TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SQUALANE , ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ,OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) , ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE), PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS (GERANIUM) FLOWER OIL, CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT CALIFORNIA) , ANGELICA ARCHANGELICA SEED OIL , CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) OIL , PHENYL TRIMETHICONE , DIMETHICONE, LECITHIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL , PEG-12 DIMETHICONE , DICETYL PHOSPHATE ,CETETH-10 PHOSPHATE, SORBITAN STEARATE ,POLYSORBATE 60 ,PEG-40 STEARATE, XANTHAN GUM , CITRIC ACID , TETRASODIUM EDTA , POTASSIUM SORBATE, CHLORPHENESIN ,PHENOXYETHANOL, LIMONENE, CITRONELLOL ,GERANIOL, LINALOOL, CITRAL , /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) , IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) , MICA

on 7/5/2016 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am super into my moisturizing balms, CC's, and BB creams. Even though I really don't need to keep purchasing them because I have the Cover FX drops that can be added into basically any cream I own, I can't help but continually feed my addiction. what can I say - I am a sucker for shiny new things.

I LOVE the way this feels on my insanely dry skin as well as how fast it sinks in. I also love the dewy finish and healthy glow it gives. Set with the right powder and this looks absolutely flawless. I like that its got an SPF of 25, and that the colors are so sheer you can go a lot darker/deeper than with a foundation. While this is incredibly sheer, it does cover or even out my redness much better than my Burberry Freshglow BB cream does. I have seen this rated pretty low on Beautypedia based on possibly irritating ingredients (prob. essential oils) but I haven't had an issue and I consider my skin to be pretty sensitive.

So how about the cons... Well, it would be better if there was a wee bit more colorant to this stuff, that's for sure. As I mentioned, its pretty darn sheer. Also at $58 per oz, this product is quite expensive. However, the extra balm on its own is $96 so when you do the math, its actually a pretty good deal. Some aren't a fan of the jar but its fine by me - I use a disposable spatula and also scoop a wks worth into a small sample container and all is good in the world.

I am a fan all the way and will def repurchase when this runs out. The only reason I can't give 5 stars is that coverage could be a smidgen better and for price, as it is pretty up there.

Hands down, best stuff ever!!! I dip the corner of a fresh make-up sponge in to the jar and scoop out the amount I need for a whole application and wipe it on to the back of my hand. I figure it cuts down on the contamination fear I have read about in previous reviews. Then I slightly moisten the sponge, apply a little of the moister Balm and dap it on to my face and neck. It melts in to fine wrinkles but does not dry or clog my pores or flake like all the other products I have used. It evens my skin tone very nice, I use light/medium. I have very sensitive skin and after two weeks of use I am still rash free. I started out with a small amount at first and found that to be very helpful, because a lot is just not needed. Also, I do not find the smell of this product very strong or nasty and my sense of smell is normal, so I'm not sure what that is all about. However, I am not that sensitive in that department either. The cost is a little high, but since I don't use a lot and the jar is big, I'm sure it will last for a long time. I also read about the shiny appearance and it is true, but it does not last very long and I found that after letting it sit on my face for a little while I can pat my face with my dry palms and reduce the shininess without removing product. The shine by the way is caused by the sunscreen. I conclude by saying, that I found the product that is right for me and I'm glad I purchased it.

To Read all 216 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/4/2016 3:27:00 AM

Love this tinted moisturising balm. It is perfect for a mature skin and leaves a fresh dewy finish that diminishes fine lines and makes my complexion look bright and healthy. I use it with a cream blush; fantastic. Blends perfectly and never clumps in fine lines or around hairline. Love it, love it, love it. Wear it everyday and I love the SPF25 to protect my skin from harmful UV rays.

on 12/22/2015 7:46:00 PM

bobbi while i love you this was mediocre to me. It was a pleasing consistency but It left my dry skin looking shiny and oily yet still dry. I wanted to love this I really did but i don't. It is something i will use around the house or when I'm running a quick errand as i paid a lot for this jar of balm.

on 5/16/2015 10:11:00 AM

Love the consistency, the feeling on my skin, the high SPF and the colour range. But I just can not stand the smell. Also the jar packaging is not my cup of tea. Will not buy it again and only use it once a week or even once a month. All because of the smell. Sorry Bobbi!

on 5/7/2015 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love anything that calls itself a "balm"—to me, it means its inherently hydrating—so I was excited to find this while browsing the BB counter.

The color is perfect (light to medium) and it's SO moisturizing. The first few times I used it, I used my fingers and wasn't loving the way it spread, but now I apply with a damp BeautyBlender and it couldn't be easier. Plus, it gives my skin an extra dewy look.

Another plus: It sinks right in, so it doesn't look like I'm rocking a makeup mask. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just got my package today, and I tore into it like a gazelle. It's beautiful, and it's the first time in the past two weeks that I finally look human. Initially, I would not have looked twice as I generally strictly adhere to a +4 score here, but my dry sensitive skin eczema prone skin was getting desperate as I was overcoming another episode of burning, agonizing flakes.

This, combined with my new Sulwhassoo skincare samples got me back to normal. I've noted that a lot of the negative reviews are oily skin, but if your skin matches mine as described, it will be a light, non-greasy godsend with sheer coverage. People who buy into it looking for full will be disappointed but I feel that it does a good job of neutralizing the redness. Set it with a slight touch of TF Primed and Poreless as that's also great for sensitive skin. I honestly enjoy it better then most BB creams, as I've cycled through my fair share. I bought mine in 'light to medium', and though I was afraid of it being a tad dark per other reviews, it melded beautifully into my skin tone and I was easily able to highlight my face more naturally.

on 2/16/2015 8:48:00 PM

I'm nearing the end of my jar and being a fickle product junkie, I'm thinking about whether to replace it. However, I'm worried I won't be as happy with something else!

My skin is mature, normal-to-combo in hot, humid conditions, somewhat dry in winter. I often have problems with heavy creams causing blackheads and clogged pores, but have used this summer and winter with no problem. I apply it with a Beauty Blender sponge, and maybe am applying it sparingly.

My foundation shade tends to be second from the lightest in most lines. I got this in "extra light" and it's a good match.

No one needs fragrance on their skin whatsoever. While lavender is nice it really has no business on skin. There are mixed reports on whether it is phototoxic, estrogen disrupting, irritating and sensitizing as all essential(volatile) oils contain constituents that have the potential to irritate. And there are reports on it's supposed calming effects. My opinion is to avoid it in general, without the fragrance I would definitely consider keeping this product, though pricey.

on 1/16/2015 1:54:00 PM

Ok - just bought this originally last week. I went against Paula's (Begoun) advice and bought it anyway - I turned 50 last year, I use Retin A and glycolic acid products, and I regularly do mandelic acid peels - so my skin is dry. I use buckets of sunscreen, rich moisturizers and facial oils, so I keep it under control, but as for makeup - forget it. At least as far as any kind of foundation goes, it all looks like spackle, and gets dry and flaky throughout the day, unless I put lots of oil underneath it - then it gets greasy. Not so - drumroll, please! - with Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm!! For me - pure heaven. Rich and buttery feeling, glides on and blends in like a dream, is a PERFECT color match (Light), and looks beautiful all day long - like I'm not wearing makeup at all. Contrary to what some others say, I think it definitely has a bit of coverage - just enough to make skin look perfectly even. It wouldn't cover blemishes and the like, without a bit of extra concealer. However, it's absolutely marketed as a tinted moisturizer,which was really never meant to have full coverage.I feel moisturized all day, as well. After I bought it (ahem) I thought I might want to check the MUA reviews in more detail - and I have read that this product is being discontinued. I ordered my first jar from Nordstrom's - and about ten minutes ago I ordered a second one from the Bobbi Brown website - just in case. I've not been specifically told by anyone that it's being discontinued - maybe the company has changed that plan! I hope so, because it just doesn't happen very often that I find any kind of foundation-like product that I'm happy with, and I really like this. I rated it 1 lippy for price - Good God! Fifty six dollars! But I will surely buy it again, presuming nothing weird happens, like all of a sudden my face turns into one big pimple, or something like that! And, of course, I live long enough to use up the 2 jars I already have! LOL! Speaking of jars - I stopped at Ulta and picked up a couple of small sample pots and decanted some product into them, so I'm not constantly sticking my fingers into the jar. The packaging is gorgeous and definitely vanity table worthy and I don't have any problem with that. This product would be hard to package any other way - you could never squeeze it out of a tube, way too thick. Smaller jars are a very minor inconvenience for me - and easier to carry with you during the day or for travel.