DevaCurl No Poo

3.7

on 3/6/2017 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm still kinda on the fence on this... I think maybe cause I really WANT to like it. After using it for about a week I noticed that it does not really clean my scalp, but it does leave my hair soft and easy to comb thru without having to use conditioner. I tried not using any product after and let my hair dry naturally and it didn't seem to frizz as much. Doesn't smell all that great either. Husband asked yesterday if I was using a new shampoo cause it smelled weird lol. Not to sure if this is a winner for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I like it. It does not lather, but that's not an issue for me. IMO it's unscented and it really helps the hair retain moisture. Now o'course this product is not what I recommend you use each time you wash your hair, as it is a product that does clean but it's not a deep clean. I usually wash my hair 2-3 times a week so I use this one 1-2 times and use a deeper cleansing product once per week. It does not irritate my scalp and my hair and scalp both smell clean.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm not sure how well this shampoo worked because I used it in conjunction with the One Conditioner instead of the normal SheaMoisture I use. However, I don't think that this cleansed my hair very well. I've been using the curly girl method for a while now so I'm used to shampoo that does not lather as much as normal shampoo. The result though was dry ends and flat roots. On the plus side, it smells nice.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! When I first started using this, it took a bit to get used to it since it this has no sulfates, and therefore does not lather. Once I got used to using a shampoo that doesn't lather, and how much to actually use, I really do like this. No Poo has some really, really good ingredients; it's completely vegan, cruelty-free and the ingredients list includes some oils that are very good for your hair and scalp. I use dandruff shampoo maybe once or twice a month, and then use this once a week. I've found that using this, along with the One Condition conditioner, has actually helped with my dandruff a bit because these products do have some similar ingredients to the natural dandruff shampoo I use. Since I've been using this, my hair has been a lot more moisturized than it had been, and I've been able to cut back on the amount of anti-frizz products I've been using in the past.

on 5/29/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Did not clean my scalp at all and seemed to build up. I used this on my 4 yr old's hair and it left it clean, not frizzy, and smelled nice.

on 4/3/2016 4:51:00 AM

do yourself a favor and stay AWAY! this stuff absolutely ruined my hair. I purchased this based off the reviews. I have thick curly frizzy hair and had high hopes this would work wonders for my hair. the first week or so was amazing my hair never looked better I was enjoying the way my curls looked and there was no frizz. but that was the end of it because it started to get greasy and gross and felt very straw like (I didn't use this more than two-three times a week and no more than a nickel size amount for my whole head) I could no longer use it I had to switch back to my old shampoo and return this. my hair is still recovering from it and I'm very bummed I was really hoping to love this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have very curly, dry yet fine hair and found this cleanser works great for me.

It's amazing how in the shower you can literally feel your hair transform from rough to soft while distributing this product. Hair is soft and easy to brush...it's great. The fragrance is also nice- kinda citrus-y....it's fantastic!

on 11/22/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Well, heck.

My hair is soooo thin and thinning more every year. My curls are a mix of 3a/2c (2c more so in the back where my hair is thicker) and prone to dryness. I don't have breakage or damage issues. I shampoo sometimes daily if I need to or go as long as 3 days.

Now, I love how the no poo is so softening in the shower! It feels so NICE. No tangles at all. However, when I use this (with the devacurl one condition or any other cone-free conditioner) my hair always looks lackluster and dull. I don't know what the actual prob is. Maybe it doesn't clean my hair as well as I need it to. It doesn't feel greasy though.

I was just sure I'd love the devacurl products (I DO love the coconut cream styler) and I love the idea of the no poo. Even sulfate free shampoos dry my hair out terribly if they lather so I was not put off by lack of lather at all.

Dry curly hair folks everywhere know how hard it is to get your hair shiny and not dull looking. This just didn't really do it for me.

on 9/30/2015 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

No Poo is a blessing in a bottle. I have fine wavy hair that was destroyed when I had a Global Keratin Treatment. The stylist set the straightener too high and literally fried my hair. It looked smooth, flat and shiny the day she did it. The first time I washed it if I lay on it, it would kink in weird ways and was dry and brittle. I had to have my long hair cut to shoulder length and still it has some dryness to it. Finding Nopoo has been a life saver, it is gentle on my fragile hair and leaves it looking clean and healthy. I am trying to use products with no drying ingredients in them and this fits the bill. I would recommend to anybody trying to salvage their hair.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for almost a year now and I totally love it! About two years ago I decided I wanted to embrace my natural 2c-3a curls after countless years of straightening it daily. I did a bit of research and decided to switch to a sulfate free shampoo. After about 6 months I realized my hair wasn't growing at all. I did more research and decided to do a huge chop to take off all the damage. About a year later I realized it still wasn't really growing and it was just really dry. I started using this product and it changed everything. At first I thought it was weird. I was use to the foamy, bubbly shampoos, but after a while I learned you didn't need bubbles to get your hair clean. This product was enough. I use this with DevaCurl one condition and I LOVE it! It leaves my hair very clean, but also very moisturized, without weighing my hair down. The product itself has a strong minty smell, I know some that don't like it but I love it, and it doesn't linger in your hair. What I really like about this product is you feel the minty-ness on your scalp and you really feel it cleaning. It's a very thick consistency, but as I said before, it doesn't weigh my hair down. It keeps my hair soft, moisturized, bouncy, and just beautiful! I have repurchased countless times and I will continue to repurchase.

Popular Hair Products