DevaCurl No Poo

3.7

on 10/5/2017 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. If you don't mind missing the regular shampoo experience with lots of lather, this will get the job done just fine, and is great if your scalp tends dry. I don't find that I need to "deep clean" with regular shampoo while using this product. This product works just great. I hate the conditioner it pairs with though. It's not moisturizing at all and smells awful.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have long, curly hair and the advice of every hair guru on the planet for my situation is to avoid shampoo and use conditioner instead for most hair washings. The idea is to avoid drying the hair out, which contributes to frizz. I've tried this method multiple times to no avail with regular conditioner, but I had never before tried the famous Deva Curl No-Poo. After using it for a month, I can confidently say: nope. One of the biggest issues I have with the "co-wash" method is that my scalp gets really greasy and my hair feels lank and gross. I have tried using it with dry shampoo, but that only makes my head itch. I think I just have a scalp that needs to be cleaned regularly. So, I was hoping that because this was called a CLEANSING conditioner, it might take care of my greasies. No dice. I don't know how they're justifying advertising it as having any cleaning properties at all, because this feels and acts to me like any old conditioner - and not even a particularly good one, at that. I don't feel my hair was particularly soft or moisturized with this stuff. The one thing I can give them props for is the scent - it's a very clean-smelling mint.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I like it. It does not lather, but that's not an issue for me. IMO it's unscented and it really helps the hair retain moisture. Now o'course this product is not what I recommend you use each time you wash your hair, as it is a product that does clean but it's not a deep clean. I usually wash my hair 2-3 times a week so I use this one 1-2 times and use a deeper cleansing product once per week. It does not irritate my scalp and my hair and scalp both smell clean.

on 3/6/2017 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm still kinda on the fence on this... I think maybe cause I really WANT to like it. After using it for about a week I noticed that it does not really clean my scalp, but it does leave my hair soft and easy to comb thru without having to use conditioner. I tried not using any product after and let my hair dry naturally and it didn't seem to frizz as much. Doesn't smell all that great either. Husband asked yesterday if I was using a new shampoo cause it smelled weird lol. Not to sure if this is a winner for me.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! When I first started using this, it took a bit to get used to it since it this has no sulfates, and therefore does not lather. Once I got used to using a shampoo that doesn't lather, and how much to actually use, I really do like this. No Poo has some really, really good ingredients; it's completely vegan, cruelty-free and the ingredients list includes some oils that are very good for your hair and scalp. I use dandruff shampoo maybe once or twice a month, and then use this once a week. I've found that using this, along with the One Condition conditioner, has actually helped with my dandruff a bit because these products do have some similar ingredients to the natural dandruff shampoo I use. Since I've been using this, my hair has been a lot more moisturized than it had been, and I've been able to cut back on the amount of anti-frizz products I've been using in the past.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm not sure how well this shampoo worked because I used it in conjunction with the One Conditioner instead of the normal SheaMoisture I use. However, I don't think that this cleansed my hair very well. I've been using the curly girl method for a while now so I'm used to shampoo that does not lather as much as normal shampoo. The result though was dry ends and flat roots. On the plus side, it smells nice.

on 11/22/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Well, heck.

My hair is soooo thin and thinning more every year. My curls are a mix of 3a/2c (2c more so in the back where my hair is thicker) and prone to dryness. I don't have breakage or damage issues. I shampoo sometimes daily if I need to or go as long as 3 days.

Now, I love how the no poo is so softening in the shower! It feels so NICE. No tangles at all. However, when I use this (with the devacurl one condition or any other cone-free conditioner) my hair always looks lackluster and dull. I don't know what the actual prob is. Maybe it doesn't clean my hair as well as I need it to. It doesn't feel greasy though.

I was just sure I'd love the devacurl products (I DO love the coconut cream styler) and I love the idea of the no poo. Even sulfate free shampoos dry my hair out terribly if they lather so I was not put off by lack of lather at all.

Dry curly hair folks everywhere know how hard it is to get your hair shiny and not dull looking. This just didn't really do it for me.

on 5/29/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Did not clean my scalp at all and seemed to build up. I used this on my 4 yr old's hair and it left it clean, not frizzy, and smelled nice.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have very curly, dry yet fine hair and found this cleanser works great for me.

It's amazing how in the shower you can literally feel your hair transform from rough to soft while distributing this product. Hair is soft and easy to brush...it's great. The fragrance is also nice- kinda citrus-y....it's fantastic!

on 4/3/2016 4:51:00 AM

do yourself a favor and stay AWAY! this stuff absolutely ruined my hair. I purchased this based off the reviews. I have thick curly frizzy hair and had high hopes this would work wonders for my hair. the first week or so was amazing my hair never looked better I was enjoying the way my curls looked and there was no frizz. but that was the end of it because it started to get greasy and gross and felt very straw like (I didn't use this more than two-three times a week and no more than a nickel size amount for my whole head) I could no longer use it I had to switch back to my old shampoo and return this. my hair is still recovering from it and I'm very bummed I was really hoping to love this.

Popular Hair Products