3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 days ago

Devacurl No poo, one condition, ultra defining gel, and deep sea repair were the only products I used for months. My hair dried out, lost all shine and definition, and is falling out at an alarming rate. Tried to leave a review on their actual site where it says I'm a verified buyer, but they removed it almost immediately. DO NOT BUY THESE PRODUCTS if you dont want your hair ruined. It is insane to me that people are saying the negative information about Devacurl products are just rumors when there are THOUSANDS of us that have been affected.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

Zero hair loss issues for me when using this - which quite a few others have mentioned, but on the flip side it also didn't clean my scalp sufficiently...I can always tell because my roots become greasy very quickly and frankly my scalp/hair starts to smell! Then my scalp starts to get itchy which is like a 'final warning' to sort it out. The only way I got around this and managed to use up what was left was by adding about a half dime size of organic ACV to the shampoo in the palm of my hand and then applying to my hair. The acidity of the ACV cut through the sebum and build-up, calming my scalp down. Doing this also helped with reducing knots.  I'm guessing No Poo is probably fine on normal scalps, but not for ones as oily as mine is. Won't be a re-purchase for me... Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

I used this product for 2 years along with the one condition and after losing handfuls of hair and starting to get thin areas on my scalp I finally had to stop using it as I was scared of going bald. Be very careful with no poo or co-wash methods if you are prone to excess sebum production or clogged pores as this can contribute to your hair falling out. I've now switched to a regular shampoo and my hair loss has stopped.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Super awesome. It’s $$ But my 2B hair I’ve been asked if I had a perm! I’m all CG except hairspray.

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

2 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. If you don't mind missing the regular shampoo experience with lots of lather, this will get the job done just fine, and is great if your scalp tends dry. I don't find that I need to "deep clean" with regular shampoo while using this product. This product works just great. I hate the conditioner it pairs with though. It's not moisturizing at all and smells awful.

About reviewer (283 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

I have long, curly hair and the advice of every hair guru on the planet for my situation is to avoid shampoo and use conditioner instead for most hair washings. The idea is to avoid drying the hair out, which contributes to frizz. I've tried this method multiple times to no avail with regular conditioner, but I had never before tried the famous Deva Curl No-Poo. After using it for a month, I can confidently say: nope. One of the biggest issues I have with the "co-wash" method is that my scalp gets really greasy and my hair feels lank and gross. I have tried using it with dry shampoo, but that only makes my head itch. I think I just have a scalp that needs to be cleaned regularly. So, I was hoping that because this was called a CLEANSING conditioner, it might take care of my greasies. No dice. I don't know how they're justifying advertising it as having any cleaning properties at all, because this feels and acts to me like any old conditioner - and not even a particularly good one, at that. I don't feel my hair was particularly soft or moisturized with this stuff. The one thing I can give them props for is the scent - it's a very clean-smelling mint.

About reviewer (164 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

from

3 years ago

I'm still kinda on the fence on this... I think maybe cause I really WANT to like it. After using it for about a week I noticed that it does not really clean my scalp, but it does leave my hair soft and easy to comb thru without having to use conditioner. I tried not using any product after and let my hair dry naturally and it didn't seem to frizz as much. Doesn't smell all that great either. Husband asked yesterday if I was using a new shampoo cause it smelled weird lol. Not to sure if this is a winner for me.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I like it. It does not lather, but that's not an issue for me. IMO it's unscented and it really helps the hair retain moisture. Now o'course this product is not what I recommend you use each time you wash your hair, as it is a product that does clean but it's not a deep clean. I usually wash my hair 2-3 times a week so I use this one 1-2 times and use a deeper cleansing product once per week. It does not irritate my scalp and my hair and scalp both smell clean.

About reviewer (1080 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

I'm not sure how well this shampoo worked because I used it in conjunction with the One Conditioner instead of the normal SheaMoisture I use. However, I don't think that this cleansed my hair very well. I've been using the curly girl method for a while now so I'm used to shampoo that does not lather as much as normal shampoo. The result though was dry ends and flat roots. On the plus side, it smells nice.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I love this stuff! When I first started using this, it took a bit to get used to it since it this has no sulfates, and therefore does not lather. Once I got used to using a shampoo that doesn't lather, and how much to actually use, I really do like this. No Poo has some really, really good ingredients; it's completely vegan, cruelty-free and the ingredients list includes some oils that are very good for your hair and scalp. I use dandruff shampoo maybe once or twice a month, and then use this once a week. I've found that using this, along with the One Condition conditioner, has actually helped with my dandruff a bit because these products do have some similar ingredients to the natural dandruff shampoo I use. Since I've been using this, my hair has been a lot more moisturized than it had been, and I've been able to cut back on the amount of anti-frizz products I've been using in the past.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age19-24