Clinique Pore Minimizer Thermal-Active Skin Refiner

2.5

Calcium Chloride, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Isododecane, Polysilicone 11, Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 20, Cellulose, Polyethylene, Salicylic Acid, Acetyl Glucosamine, Octyldodecanol, Chamomilla Recutita, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Peg-2m, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, it might be one of the worst products I ever had. I am sad to say this, since I spent over $28 on it. I wish I had read some helpful reviews before I got it. First, this little mixture gets really hot on my fingers and burns my skin. It is hard to get it out of the tube. I also felt that this product had the micro beads which exfoliate your skin along with the burning sensation which doesn't go away, even after you rinse your face few times. Some beads would stay n my side hair anyway. Moving on, it totally dried up my oily areas, to the point where the skin on my nose started to peel off. I am very disappointed and desperately need to rescue the dry skin on my nose. Hope this helped. Thank you,

I've used this for a few years (the tube lasts a while) although it doesn't seem to have any impact on the size of my pores. It leaves a residue that's a bit difficult to wash off, as well. However, it is useful for clearing up existing acne--especially spots that are healing after a breakout. As a spot-treatment it's good, but otherwise it's not so useful. Also, be careful not to get any water under the cap if you use it in the shower. That can make the product harden and make it very difficult to squeeze out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've already concluded for myself that most Clinique products are kinda... expensive crap (of course there are a couple of good products which probably is the only thing keeping this company so popular). This is no exception. As another reviewer experienced, also my skin reacted to this with being all red and blotchy. This was really harsh to my skin and made it look really dull after. Not like matte, but like dry with visible pores and dehydrated. And my skin wasn't even sensitive yet at the time I tried this out. Also, although it may seem tempting to try out a scrub that heats up on your skin, seemingly good for opening your pores, this isn't really true. It doesn't heat up for long and it feels more like an instant inflammation of the skin to me.
I pass on this one.

I got this on sale a few months ago, and I have a feeling it's now been discontinued. No wonder. I read a few reviews here stating that it's just a cheaper version of the Micro-D from EL and well... years ago I had a bad reaction from Micro-D, I get a bad reaction from this too. I've used it once a week for about two months and got nothing but a persistent acne reaction on my chin (which in the past few months, for reasons totally unknown to me, has suddenly become the focus of my skin trouble). I've still got about 2/3 of the tube but I'm afraid to use the rest... I'm going back to trusty old 7-Day which both I and my Mom (who used to be a Clinique + EL rep twenty years ago) have used for ages. At least I didn't pay full price for this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yikes! As soon as I had rinsed this stuff off, my face was all blotchy with red patches and I NEVER get reactions like that. I never thought of my skin as 'sensitive' so I didn't expect a reaction like this, especially with Clinique's claims of allergy testing and what not. Not impressed. I gave it another chance a few days later thinking maybe the water I had used was too hot or I rubbed it around too much, but even using a tiny bit for only a few seconds it inflamed my skin. Took a while for the reaction to clear and my skin is still a little sore in those spots even though it doesn't show anymore.

Funnily enough I got a sample of the 7 day scrub with this (which happens to be much cheaper) and that appears to agree with me fine, even though Paula Begoun says it's not good for oily skin like mine. I actually really like it, makes my skin quite soft and I don't break out from it so I am taking back this gadgety crap and exchanging it for a full-size tube of the 7 day scrub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Warning do not use if you have sensitive, irritated, redness, using topical acne medication, or have done laser peel because this will burn! I would suggest using this only when your skin is normal and only once a week.

I have been using this for about a few weeks and I have not noticed any huge difference in the size of my pore. WHen mixed with water it feels extremely hot! The creamy granules just feel greasy. I use this before i cleanse my face so that my cleanser can clean my skin better.

Thankfully I received this in a gwp. It burned my face. I use all kinds of other clinique products so I am not really sure why this one reacted so; however, it was bad. The sad part is maybe a year or so later I got it again in the gwp and of course thought, hmm this must be new. Nope, same stuff, same problem.

On the fence about this one! I do notice some immediate good results (pores appear smaller immediately after application) but so far, nothing long-lasting. On my 3rd week now so maybe I have to give it some more time. What I do find a little annoying is (like others have pointed out) the greasy residue that it leaves behind. Not a pleasant feeling if you already have oily skin (and I'm guessing that if you're using this, you already have issues w/ that). What works for me is applying this and then following up with a night mask or washing the residue off with a little cleanser. I also wish that the heat would last a little longer (gone before you've finished rubbing it around!).

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is so bad.! It does NOTHING for me at all and I wake up with a shiny T-zone.! Luckily I got it in a set as a gift so I didn't have to pay for it But it's usually 26. :| Don't buy it!! My pores are still as visible as ever.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this on the advice of one of my co-workers (I work at Clinique as a side job) because I have stubborn blackheads on my nose and slightly noticeable pores on my cheeks near my nose. Unfortunately, it's useless. I don't find it does anything for me and it leaves my skin red and inflamed for about an hour afterward. I feel like I'm just loading the chemicals on my face when I use this. There are other products at Clinique that would do far more for my face than this.