Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.4

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

on 4/7/2014 11:54:00 PM

Your own naturally flushed skin but better would be the best way I could think of describing this blush. I think the colour looks like a nude/dusky/pinky/beige and would agree with almost any colouring - it would just need to be built up more on a darker skin.

Mine being NC15 I don't need much of this at all to impart a nice healthy natural glow - there looks to be some shimmer in the pan but on your skin definately no sparkles but a nice healthy looking sheen. I apply this with a stippling blush and sometimes layer with a highlight powder, I think Cindy Lou-Manizer brushed on top of the cheekbones with a light hand and a fanbrush pairs nicely with this blush for an extra glow.

I won't be looking to repurchase this one as I'm sure to have it for a long while yet and have many blushes to work through of similar shading. I had heard that this product has been discontinued - I bought mine from strawberrynet about 18 months ago and see they still have it available. This is the baked blush (I think the US market version is not baked)..

on 6/12/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me start off by saying I am... erm... not exactly monogamous in the blush category. I have TONS of them. I LOVE tons of them. And, also, when it comes to Chanel products, I expect a lot. I have found very few of their products that live up to the cost for me.
But Chanel can do blush, possibly better than any other company out there! The JC blushes are amazing, and this color in particular is about as close to perfect as they get. To me, this is a dusty, rosy pink - on the cooler side with just a smidge of mauve. When I initially looked at it at the counter, I really wasn't sure it would show up much on me, even though I am kind of on the border of fair and light in skintone. And this isn't a screaming, bright, vibrant blush by any means, but it gives a lovely "lit from within" glow to my face which I love. It goes with almost everything else I might want to wear on my face - red lipstick, pale lips and smokey eyes, neutrals, pinks... I do reach for a warmer toned blush when wearing the really warm colors, but thats seldom for me with my coloring.
All of the JC blushes I have tried have been extremely finely milled, without being overly powdery. They just seem to melt right in to my skin. Likewise, there is some shimmer present, but again, it just blends in to a soft glow - never a shimmer, shine, and definitely not any chunks of glitter on my face. The lasting power on me is fine (my skin is dry - this may be more of an issue for the oilier folks). It lasts through my workday, but if I go out at night, I do a little touch-up. I could live without the smell, but it fades quickly and does give you that feeling that this is truly luxurious somehow.
I said "yes" to buying again, because I love it and I would, except that my next blush love is right around the corner and I can't seem to stay faithful, so we'll see. It may just be another blush from this line!
**Edit 9/8/12** Aaaahhhh! They DISCONTINUED this?!? I Can't believe they did that - it was absolutely perfect! Luckily these last forever, so I'll horde the rest. Chanel's JC in Tempting Beige is a pretty close color too - a little more peachy/nude, less mauve, but it will do as a replacement.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This was my first Chanel blush that I bought, and I must say I was definitely pleased with it. I hadn't tried out the blush when I bought it but it looked like a gorgeous natural color, and it turned out to be just that!
Its not the most pigmented blush I've tried (mine is the European version, I dont know if the formulation would therefore be different) but it is hard to overdo and it looks great on - super natural.
It does have a smell to it (it smells absolutely gorgeous but I'm not sure how to describe it) but it is unnoticable once its on your face.
There's not much product (only 4g!) but you really dont need to use a lot of product.
The only two things I weren't completely satisfied with would be the packaging and the price. The packaging is the standard glossy Chanel packaging however, after using the blush on a regular basis, I've noticed that the hinges holding the case of the blush together are getting loose, and its getting a little wobbly. The price issue is pretty self explanatory - it was 35 euros, and the Chanel website lists it as $42 - which is a little too much for such a small amount of product.
I said I wouldnt buy the product again simply because there are other products that I would rather buy for the same money that have more product in them. However, there is always the possibility that I would buy another Joues Contraste, but in a different colour.

on 9/12/2010 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the first time I've bought a blush from Chanel having used Nars for the most part in the past. I wanted something more natural with a flawless finely milled texture and this fits the bill. I have Nars Orgasm powder blush and then the Nars Orgasm Illuminator product which is in a tube. The color of the Orgasm Illuminator is perfect for my skin tone, but I prefer a powder blush. So I brought the tube into Nordstrom's with me and the sales assistant helped my to select the Orchid Rose color as the closest match. I love the color - it's very natural on my extremely fair skin that has a pink undertone. I hardly have to use any, the product has this fabulous rose fragrance and I believe there is more product per weight with the Chanel blush than the Nars. I'm very happy all around with this. It's one of my favorite Chanel makeup products so far.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my first JC. For reference I am NC15 with blonde hair and green eyes.

I have a Euro Orchid Rose, bought in Switzerland, and the color I have is a dusky rose with a bit of reddish brown- it is essentially the color I flush. It also has the marbled look to the dome. I understand US orchid rose is a bit more mauve.

Texture:The texture on this JC is much softer than the Irreelle blush I had, in fact, I have to be careful not to press too hard on the dome whereas on the Irreelle I had to scrape.

I was a little dissappointed in the color when I first bought this, I thought it would be pinker (should have gotten the US version!) Now after trying it out for a few days, I am pretty happy with the color, it blends well, looks natural and doesn't cake.

I am satisfied with my first JC experience, while I may not buy this color again (on to Narcisse and Caprice) I do mark yes because this is a color worth having in your collection.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

One of my staples... the colour is just perfect, not too shimmery, not too pink, not too orange... the perfect natural looking rose with a hint of beige; a real dream for fair skin tones (may be too light for olive/dark skins).
I hope Chanel will not discontinue this colour (as they did with some lines & colours)!

EDIT: I have just tried a new Rose Orchid (gotten in a swap) and realized it's the US version.
It's a different colour!! (my above review is for the European version). The US Version is more pigmented. A hint darker (more brown in it) and more shimmer. Definitely shows up more on cheeks.
It's OK but as it's more noticeable, better suits a skin tone more...
I'll use it in summer when I am tanned, and my belove Eu version I'll keep for winter!

on 1/6/2007 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

By far *the prettiest* blush I have ever worn! This blush converted me into a Chanel blush lover. It is very natural looking, well pigmented and lasts all day. The shimmer is very slight and gives a gorgeous glow. The packaging can't be beat either--it makes me love using it. I also really like the rose scent. I will continue to repurchase over and over.

This is the perfect Apres Ski blush. I love the peachy rose mauve shimmer to it. Its like silk on. Love it.

What can make me not notice all the other blushes in my collection? Chanel Orchid Rose and the wonderful pink plummy flush it gives me.
Incredbly pgmented so it lasts all day and is easy to apply and blend.
I would imagine this color being wonderful for all except the darkest skinned complexions. A perfect English Rose blush is provided by Orchid Rose!