Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.1

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my 1st Chanel Blush! The first thing I noticed was that it smells so good! It smells like roses or lilacs. The color of Orchid Rose is light, warm pink with a beautiful subtle shimmery sheen. The powder itself is soo soft, which makes it effortless to blend. The color is very natural and subtle on my NC40 skin tone. I've been wearing it every day on my cheekbones over my MAC Golden Bronzer. Its such a pretty color and it warms up to my skin tone well. I bet it's better suited for lighter skin tones but I think its absolutely gorgeous and is one of my favorite blushes. I can't wait to try others.. such as Fandango, Mocha, Rose Bronze.. etc :)

on 2/16/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been on the lookout for a possible future replacement for Narcisse since it's been discontinued. I'll use it until it's empty but I want to have something waiting in the wings for when that tragic day arrives. I know I won't be able to find an exact color match but thought I'd keep an eye on other Chanel blushes because I love the formula. The SA at the Chanel counter recommended this to me and it seemed like a beautiful neutral rose/brown option. Not my usual color choices but I thought I'd give it a try in case it ended up being spectacular.

When the SA applied it in the store it appeared very flattering. I avoid bronzers like the plague but I like the idea of a kind of sunkissed or naturally enhanced skintone. The neutral tones in this blush seemed to offer me a blush color alternative to a bronzer. So I purchased it on the spot.

But when I got home I was surprised at how ruddy my face looked. It seemed jarring on my pale skin. But the SA sometimes has a heavy hand so I thought I'd give it another go myself the next day. Still no luck. Even swept on lightly it appears murky and oddly brick colored. Nothing like it looks in the pan, at least to my eyes.

So I ended up returning this, but I give it 3 lippies for the beautiful shimmer, packaging, and scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am giving this three lippies because the other Chanel blush I own, Fantasia is soooo wrong for me...it will sit in a drawer forever...it is too corally orange for me. I thought Orchid Rose would be better, well it is better, I am going to use it but would never repurchase...it is not that flattering on my NC 35 face, it is just too peach for me. I would say the color is rose/brown/peach and I love wearing pinks now. I am trying to use it as a contour shade, with a bright or pale pink on the apples, but it still seems to turn orangy in the bright sunligh. I wish I had bought Rose petal or Narcisse.

on 10/16/2007 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This color is absolutely beautiful!! Shows up on my fair face as a true, light rose - I cannot abide mauves or browns on my face, and this one does not have undertones of either that show up on my skin. Further, while I love a pink flush color on the sort of apples of my cheeks, I find those colors to be unworkable for the rest of my cheekbones -- essentially the part you see in profile -- and orchid rose brings out my bone structure beautifully. Only giving it four lippies, however, as it gives me tiny clogs where I've applied it - not huge breakouts, just tiny whiteheads that make me think twice before reaching for it. Still worth it, IMO, when I really want to look stunning.

on 8/22/2007 5:10:00 PM

I bought this on the recs of other mua'ers. I eagerly purchased this blush not really paying much attention to the 23GBP it cost me. Sheesh!!
I've used it a fair few times and defintely think that after daily use this is more of a summer blush. it's very warm on my PPP skin and maybe more of an evening colour as well.

All the same this blush is very pretty, i love the microshimmer in it that you can only see under certain lights. The blush is long lasting and very pigmented yet the blush is solid enough that it doesn't go onto my brush by the bucket load - pet hate.
I probably won't buy this again because it's just not THE blush i was looking for but it's a very pretty addition to the collection.

packaging wise it could be a bit less bulky but very stylish nonetheless. shame they put that crap brush in their - almost like an afterthought but i tossed it so who cares!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GORGEOUS. The actual color of this sorta belies the name, since this is neither very orchid-y nor rose-y, per se, but man, is it stunning. I imagine this would be the perfect wedding day blush for just about any bride. This makes me look radiant and glowing (I keep staring at myself every time I run to the ladies' room at work today, lol). Perfect.

I really like this blush. The colour is perfect- not too orange, not too shimmery and not too pinkish. It has soft texture ant it is very easy to pick it up with the brush and apply it. Plus it has very nice rose scent.

on 1/2/2006 11:35:00 AM

As others have said, this is a gorgeous blush color with subtle shimmering properties. I had originally thought of swapping it away as my skin is just too dry in the winter for powders of any kind. Instead, I thought I'd keep it and give it a go over the summer when the shimmers would really compliment my skin. I do think like most Chanel products however, it is way too overpriced. Not sure whether I'd purchase this again or not. Still, one of the prettiest blushes I have ever seen. EDIT: Man, I've tried to get this to work on me but it is just too warm a color. So pretty too. Darn it.

on 10/1/2005 10:50:00 AM

I knew this color would not be a perfect match for my cool-neutral complexion but under the artificial light in a store it was a drop-dead faboulous beige-rose nuance with a wonderful mauve iridescent shimmers... so I bought it anyway. Very sophisticated color (that is - as some reviewers said - almost impossible to describe) but it doesn't show much on my skin and I'm afraid it is too pale for me. On my face it is just a neutral beige or maybe a pale golden-beige/pale bronze. I think that mauve shimmers can be seen only under the artificial light, but all in all in my case it is more of a very neutral light blush for daytime, too weak and too pale for evening. Anyway I was so fascinated when I saw it for the first time in a store, I thought it was one of the most sophisticated blushes that I have ever seen!.
Chanel Joues Contraste blushes are definitely the most sophisticated nuances around. It is a pitty that the brush is almost useless!