Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.7

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice natural beigey pink. Long wearing for me. HG for work.

on 9/4/2012 6:46:00 AM

I was looking for a blush that is hard to flub and asked the sales lady to help me with this. She recommended this blush. At first I was not sure of the colour as it looks a bit dull and Im not a fan of shimmer. When she put it on my skin I was really impressed as it gives me a natural glow and the shimmers seems to disappear. I have never been so happy with blushes before as most of them tends to sit on my cheeks. This however blends very nicely and I would buy this again. Lets' hope that they will continue to sell this gorgeous blush.
P/S: i think this colour will suit fair to medium skin best.
Try this blush with Rouge Coco Shine in Evasion.

on 8/16/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite blushes are Nars but lately I have started my obsession with chanel blushes. I am attracted to Orchid Rose in particular so I went to our local Nordstrom to buy it. I was told it was discontinued. I searched online and found it on Saks. When I received the blush I like it so much that I decided to order a backup but it was already sold out also at Saks. I called all the local stores around our area that carry Chanel and I was so happy to find the last Orchid Rose at Macys. It is the perfect neutral pink that would match with anything. It is not powdery at all and blends beautifully. It has a subtle shimmer that I love that doesn't emphasize my pores. Definitely an HG. I never buy backups on makeup because I know I wont finish it but I love this so much and I'm glad I did before it's completely gone in the market.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My mom bought this years ago and passed it down to me. My first impression of it was that it was a dusty plumy rose and had shimmer in it. I usually hate shimmer in blushes, but the shimmer in this one didn't show up on my skin. I like this blush for the fall and the winter. I wouldn't buy this again because it's too expensive for a blush.

on 10/21/2011 4:31:00 PM

Meh.I occasionally buy Chanel,but during the last few months I became quite obsesed with the line.the previous blushes I bought were US versions but Orchid rose is the baked one which is sold in outside US.
well,it is a splurge really but it doesn't live up to my expectations.The texture is truly a trouble.it is so hard that I have to dig the product with my 109,not to mention that softer brushes like 168 do not work with this.As a result,it is hard to blend.I am surprised that people are saying this is a pigmented blush.I am NC20 and I have to layer it to see some color.I don't have a problem with sheer blushes,I actually always prefer sheer and natural colors on my cheeks.but I would like my expensive blush to be pigmented enough so I can decide how much I am going to sheer it out with different brushes and application.
The shimmer is very fine,it is barely visible on face,and I really love the fact that it is a green/silver flash rather than gold.it doesn't emphasize my pores,the lasting power is better than avarage.
I love the color a lot,it gives me the "my cheeks but better" effect,and looks neither too warm nor cool.
I have been carrying it in my bag for the last few weeks and I have to say I am quite into it but I just think that at this price point,texture and low pigmentation that is caused by it shouldn't be an issue.So I am giving 3 stars.

on 7/10/2011 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This blush is soooooo beautiful. I hate bright blush (by my definition even Nars Amour is bright) but this blush is a very subtle, delicate, pink that makes my cheeks GLOW. The sparkles that look so obvious in the pan translate to this gorgeous sheen on the cheeks. It's not a doll colored pink, it's very much a natural human flesh toned pink. It basically makes you look lit from within. Gorgeous. The only two drawbacks are the price and somewhat the packaging (I hate the little brush thing, and think it would be much classier if packaged without it).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favorites!!!! I was my everyday blush for more than a year!!!! It is a subtle blush, that doesn't look cakey.

on 5/17/2011 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a review for the US version.
It wasn't a love at first sight, especially when I saw how sparkly it look in the pan. Then I swatched it on my hand and the sparkles were there but fortunately they show up as a lovely glow on my cheeks when I use my 187 brush. Surprisingly, it looks very natural on my NC20-25 skin because I can't really think of someone that blushes with glitter (NARS Orgasm, I am looking at you).
The thing is that as much as I like the glow, I prefer matte finishes for my blush because they look even more natural (I have breakouts sometimes so it can look a bit weird). I prefer experimenting with eyeshadow and lipstick rather than blush (bronzer is another thing, lol)
So, in few words - if you like glitter - go for NARS orgasm & co., if you like glow get this one, if you like matte finishes, go for Givenchy :)
The only reason, I wouldn't repurchase is that it takes me ages to finish a blush and if I am not 100% wowed by it, I am pretty much bored by then.
Edit: So I was feeling tired, I had an awful breakout and poeple were complimenting my complexion and how fresh I looked. Most were surprised that the only thing I changed in my routine was the blush so I am starting to get wowed.
Edit 2: I love love love it! I get compliments, it smells nice, my skin loves it so I am getting it again!

on 1/20/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush on me! I'm NC30 in MAC, and I am very picky when it comes to blushes. I find alot of blushes to be either too brownish, too orangey or too pinkish, and I am always on the search for the perfect color. I previously owned the Chanel Blush in Rose Bronze but find it to be a tad brownish for my liking. The Be-Bop which comes in the rectangular pan is a little too light and too pinkish. Fantasia used to be my favorite, but they discontinued it. Orchid Rose is the PERFECT shade. It does not look too appealing in the pan and it's something I would have never tried on if I wasn't so bored that fateful day when I was out mindless shopping. When I tried the blush on and looked in the mirror WOW. This rose/berry color gives my face a radiant glow and it's the right tone and shade, just what I have been looking for. It makes me look so healthy and has a very subtle sheer sheen to it, providing the glowy effect. It is also highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. The scent, just like anything other Chanel blushes/lipsticks is very pleasant. I constantly go to the mall to try it on before I made my purchase, and I noticed that it wears well throughout the day. I finally got it a few weeks later in the DFS store here in waikiki.

on 8/14/2010 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Orchid Rose is a soft tawny beige with some soft rose in it. I'm NC 30, warm and yellow toned. I have to layer it on a bit but the end result is worth it. Gives you the warm, glow from within effect that is very long lasting and very natural. It goes particularly well with my peachy pink lipsticks and any of the beige ones). Definitely a warm colour, and one can't really overdo it, since I love buffing my blushes in. One of my better loved JCs and I do love them all.....