Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.4

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice natural beigey pink. Long wearing for me. HG for work.

on 7/26/2013 11:44:00 PM

I fell in love with this blush from afar over 4 years ago when I first began to seriously get into makeup. I couldn't get over how gorgeous the extremely finely milled shimmer was and how it seemed to glow in the pan. I also thought the color was to-die-for. It appeared to be a soft rosey nude pink. I waited 2 years to purchase it because at that time I couldn't stomach spending so much on a blush.

jump to 2 years later when I was experimenting with MU looks for my wedding. I went to the Chanel counter at Bloomingdales to experiment with what they considered to be a "Wedding look". (this is also where I was introduced to the only foundation I can wear, vitalumiere in color 30). I specifically selected this blush since I felt that I finally had a reason to buy such an expensive blush. The SA used Madamoiselle lipstick on me. It was a very pretty look but so so so nude. It literally looked like I wasn't wearing MU. which would be great for everyday but not my wedding.

I continued to used the blush but became less and less enthralled with it. It looks quite similar to NARS Oasis on me and while I am not all that dark or tan it seems to hardly show up on my face. I have to really layer it on. I suppose this could be a huge plus for a lot of people who like a very neutral blush look that just gives a subtle hint of color. And like others have said, you really cannot fudge this up! It blends quite seamlessly and you can use almost any brush to apply.

All in all I am glad I bought it but I do not reach for it very often. After finding out it was discontinued I was surprised since this seems like a very versatile blush. Glad that I got to try it while it was still available and Im sure it will come in handy at some point.

on 8/16/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite blushes are Nars but lately I have started my obsession with chanel blushes. I am attracted to Orchid Rose in particular so I went to our local Nordstrom to buy it. I was told it was discontinued. I searched online and found it on Saks. When I received the blush I like it so much that I decided to order a backup but it was already sold out also at Saks. I called all the local stores around our area that carry Chanel and I was so happy to find the last Orchid Rose at Macys. It is the perfect neutral pink that would match with anything. It is not powdery at all and blends beautifully. It has a subtle shimmer that I love that doesn't emphasize my pores. Definitely an HG. I never buy backups on makeup because I know I wont finish it but I love this so much and I'm glad I did before it's completely gone in the market.

on 6/12/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me start off by saying I am... erm... not exactly monogamous in the blush category. I have TONS of them. I LOVE tons of them. And, also, when it comes to Chanel products, I expect a lot. I have found very few of their products that live up to the cost for me.
But Chanel can do blush, possibly better than any other company out there! The JC blushes are amazing, and this color in particular is about as close to perfect as they get. To me, this is a dusty, rosy pink - on the cooler side with just a smidge of mauve. When I initially looked at it at the counter, I really wasn't sure it would show up much on me, even though I am kind of on the border of fair and light in skintone. And this isn't a screaming, bright, vibrant blush by any means, but it gives a lovely "lit from within" glow to my face which I love. It goes with almost everything else I might want to wear on my face - red lipstick, pale lips and smokey eyes, neutrals, pinks... I do reach for a warmer toned blush when wearing the really warm colors, but thats seldom for me with my coloring.
All of the JC blushes I have tried have been extremely finely milled, without being overly powdery. They just seem to melt right in to my skin. Likewise, there is some shimmer present, but again, it just blends in to a soft glow - never a shimmer, shine, and definitely not any chunks of glitter on my face. The lasting power on me is fine (my skin is dry - this may be more of an issue for the oilier folks). It lasts through my workday, but if I go out at night, I do a little touch-up. I could live without the smell, but it fades quickly and does give you that feeling that this is truly luxurious somehow.
I said "yes" to buying again, because I love it and I would, except that my next blush love is right around the corner and I can't seem to stay faithful, so we'll see. It may just be another blush from this line!
**Edit 9/8/12** Aaaahhhh! They DISCONTINUED this?!? I Can't believe they did that - it was absolutely perfect! Luckily these last forever, so I'll horde the rest. Chanel's JC in Tempting Beige is a pretty close color too - a little more peachy/nude, less mauve, but it will do as a replacement.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My mom bought this years ago and passed it down to me. My first impression of it was that it was a dusty plumy rose and had shimmer in it. I usually hate shimmer in blushes, but the shimmer in this one didn't show up on my skin. I like this blush for the fall and the winter. I wouldn't buy this again because it's too expensive for a blush.

on 10/3/2011 10:53:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

My absolute favourite beauty product of all time! I would never, ever, ever even consider changing blushes. It is absolutely gorgeous, and I have about 5 different colour (orchid rose and tea rose are my favourites) it is so subtle yet it brightens up your entire face. I recommend this to anybody with quite fair skin, or even medium skin. Lovely packaging, although the cover scratches fairly easily and the brush is a little small. Mirror can get a bit dusty from the blush, although if you keep the cover on this shouldn't be a problem. Amazing, amazing product, buy it!

Finally, the perfect blush that goes with everything! Subtle enough to go with lipsticks from almost-black-red to a sheer gloss; so glad I finally decided to buy this. Smell on application is such a nice touch.

on 9/13/2011 2:50:00 PM

This is a soft pink glowy blush that goes with just about anything. It is light, so I think it would show up better on fairer skin tones. When you swipe it though, I find that it deposits more glow than color, and it smells very, very strongly of roses. If you like this, then great. But I cannot stand heavily fragranced products... Granted, the rose scent does dissipate after wearing for a few hours, but when you are putting the blush on, the rose scent just sort of permeates your nose. Another note is that the blush itself is kind of hard (if you press on it, it doesn't yield). The texture is comparable to a Dior blush, but compared to Chantecaille blushes, Orchid Rose doesn't feel that finely milled.

on 7/10/2011 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This blush is soooooo beautiful. I hate bright blush (by my definition even Nars Amour is bright) but this blush is a very subtle, delicate, pink that makes my cheeks GLOW. The sparkles that look so obvious in the pan translate to this gorgeous sheen on the cheeks. It's not a doll colored pink, it's very much a natural human flesh toned pink. It basically makes you look lit from within. Gorgeous. The only two drawbacks are the price and somewhat the packaging (I hate the little brush thing, and think it would be much classier if packaged without it).

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This was my first Chanel blush that I bought, and I must say I was definitely pleased with it. I hadn't tried out the blush when I bought it but it looked like a gorgeous natural color, and it turned out to be just that!
Its not the most pigmented blush I've tried (mine is the European version, I dont know if the formulation would therefore be different) but it is hard to overdo and it looks great on - super natural.
It does have a smell to it (it smells absolutely gorgeous but I'm not sure how to describe it) but it is unnoticable once its on your face.
There's not much product (only 4g!) but you really dont need to use a lot of product.
The only two things I weren't completely satisfied with would be the packaging and the price. The packaging is the standard glossy Chanel packaging however, after using the blush on a regular basis, I've noticed that the hinges holding the case of the blush together are getting loose, and its getting a little wobbly. The price issue is pretty self explanatory - it was 35 euros, and the Chanel website lists it as $42 - which is a little too much for such a small amount of product.
I said I wouldnt buy the product again simply because there are other products that I would rather buy for the same money that have more product in them. However, there is always the possibility that I would buy another Joues Contraste, but in a different colour.