Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.6

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

on 1/20/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush on me! I'm NC30 in MAC, and I am very picky when it comes to blushes. I find alot of blushes to be either too brownish, too orangey or too pinkish, and I am always on the search for the perfect color. I previously owned the Chanel Blush in Rose Bronze but find it to be a tad brownish for my liking. The Be-Bop which comes in the rectangular pan is a little too light and too pinkish. Fantasia used to be my favorite, but they discontinued it. Orchid Rose is the PERFECT shade. It does not look too appealing in the pan and it's something I would have never tried on if I wasn't so bored that fateful day when I was out mindless shopping. When I tried the blush on and looked in the mirror WOW. This rose/berry color gives my face a radiant glow and it's the right tone and shade, just what I have been looking for. It makes me look so healthy and has a very subtle sheer sheen to it, providing the glowy effect. It is also highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. The scent, just like anything other Chanel blushes/lipsticks is very pleasant. I constantly go to the mall to try it on before I made my purchase, and I noticed that it wears well throughout the day. I finally got it a few weeks later in the DFS store here in waikiki.

on 10/8/2010 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh thank you so much MakeUpAlley for this discovery! I was always afraid to use blush, because I have a natural blush of my own (a very very light rosacea) and I thought that using a blush this would accentuate that. I've tried a few colors (from other brands) and they all afirmed the idea a had of using a blush on my skin... till I tried this one!
It gives me a nice and more important NATURAL color that it doesn't look like I'm wearing make up.
I've heard that the European version is another color than the US one, I don't know what the difference is between them but the European color is really natural and beautiful. It's baked, so you really have to swirl your brush a couple of times on the product but I like this. I can easily decide how much color I want and I can slowly build it up. I never end with to much blush :-)
If you want a natural looking blush, go for this one! It's not cheap (my God, I've payed almost as much as my foundation of YSL) but it's worth is. It goes with everything and every look you're going after.

on 9/12/2010 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the first time I've bought a blush from Chanel having used Nars for the most part in the past. I wanted something more natural with a flawless finely milled texture and this fits the bill. I have Nars Orgasm powder blush and then the Nars Orgasm Illuminator product which is in a tube. The color of the Orgasm Illuminator is perfect for my skin tone, but I prefer a powder blush. So I brought the tube into Nordstrom's with me and the sales assistant helped my to select the Orchid Rose color as the closest match. I love the color - it's very natural on my extremely fair skin that has a pink undertone. I hardly have to use any, the product has this fabulous rose fragrance and I believe there is more product per weight with the Chanel blush than the Nars. I'm very happy all around with this. It's one of my favorite Chanel makeup products so far.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic as always chanel has done it again...

it looks classic and smells great too (as always)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I think of this color as a rosy/brownish/peach color that looks beautiful and shimmery in the pan. When applied, however, that shimmer gets translated into a healthy glow. The color is highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. I think it looks good when paired with cooler eyeshadows like blues and grays. I think I prefer Tempting Beige and Nude to this color because it tends to look kinda orange-y and less peachy. So one lippy off for that reason. The texture is great. The color might look better on darker toned ladies. It's just too bright for me.

on 10/16/2007 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This color is absolutely beautiful!! Shows up on my fair face as a true, light rose - I cannot abide mauves or browns on my face, and this one does not have undertones of either that show up on my skin. Further, while I love a pink flush color on the sort of apples of my cheeks, I find those colors to be unworkable for the rest of my cheekbones -- essentially the part you see in profile -- and orchid rose brings out my bone structure beautifully. Only giving it four lippies, however, as it gives me tiny clogs where I've applied it - not huge breakouts, just tiny whiteheads that make me think twice before reaching for it. Still worth it, IMO, when I really want to look stunning.

on 9/23/2007 8:46:00 PM

(Pics further down in review) I am NW 20 with warm freckles, dark brown hair with a hint of auburn and dark brown eyes. This blush is pretty much the most perfect blush in the world. If I could only use one blush for the rest of my life, this would be it... and that comes from someone owning 50+ blushes (sad but true).
Orchid Rose (OR) is a pinkish nude blush. The picture below emphasizes the pink undertones more, it is a TAD more nude if applied more sheerly (depending on how much of your skin can shine through). you can wear it with nearly all kinds of colors. OR has very very very very very VERy fine microshimmer. But what makes it so special is the texture. It is so smooth that it creates some kind of wet look effect. Don't think dripping wet, think glowy and dewy and juicy. Or in other words: it gives you the deweyness without the gloopiness of some cream blushes.It is of course an optical illusion, since OR is powder after all.. but a powder whose surface reflects the light in a unique way. It is just very hard to describe but I hope the pictures capture it somewhat. Both turned out very close to what the shades look like in real life

Just one thing... just ingore the brush that comes with it. It is crappy beyond belief continued >>

This gives a really gorgeous and natural glow to my NC25 skin. It's a pinky-peach blush with micro-shimmer that blends out to a glow so that shimmery particles don't show. The consistency is very soft and silkly, and very densely pigmented - I find I have to tap off the excess powder on tissue before applying to cheeks. The packaging is typically chic of Chanel, though the brush could be a little bigger. Expensive for a blush, but will probably repurchase if I ever run out.