Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.5

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

on 8/16/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite blushes are Nars but lately I have started my obsession with chanel blushes. I am attracted to Orchid Rose in particular so I went to our local Nordstrom to buy it. I was told it was discontinued. I searched online and found it on Saks. When I received the blush I like it so much that I decided to order a backup but it was already sold out also at Saks. I called all the local stores around our area that carry Chanel and I was so happy to find the last Orchid Rose at Macys. It is the perfect neutral pink that would match with anything. It is not powdery at all and blends beautifully. It has a subtle shimmer that I love that doesn't emphasize my pores. Definitely an HG. I never buy backups on makeup because I know I wont finish it but I love this so much and I'm glad I did before it's completely gone in the market.

Finally, the perfect blush that goes with everything! Subtle enough to go with lipsticks from almost-black-red to a sheer gloss; so glad I finally decided to buy this. Smell on application is such a nice touch.

on 5/17/2011 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a review for the US version.
It wasn't a love at first sight, especially when I saw how sparkly it look in the pan. Then I swatched it on my hand and the sparkles were there but fortunately they show up as a lovely glow on my cheeks when I use my 187 brush. Surprisingly, it looks very natural on my NC20-25 skin because I can't really think of someone that blushes with glitter (NARS Orgasm, I am looking at you).
The thing is that as much as I like the glow, I prefer matte finishes for my blush because they look even more natural (I have breakouts sometimes so it can look a bit weird). I prefer experimenting with eyeshadow and lipstick rather than blush (bronzer is another thing, lol)
So, in few words - if you like glitter - go for NARS orgasm & co., if you like glow get this one, if you like matte finishes, go for Givenchy :)
The only reason, I wouldn't repurchase is that it takes me ages to finish a blush and if I am not 100% wowed by it, I am pretty much bored by then.
Edit: So I was feeling tired, I had an awful breakout and poeple were complimenting my complexion and how fresh I looked. Most were surprised that the only thing I changed in my routine was the blush so I am starting to get wowed.
Edit 2: I love love love it! I get compliments, it smells nice, my skin loves it so I am getting it again!

on 3/29/2009 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Sorry, I'm going to have to negate these glowing reviews. This went on very light, and I had to swipe 3 times before it showed up on my NC15/20. But that wasn't the real issue. No, the problem was it looked orange on my olive skin. For reference I love Mocha. I exchanged this for Tweed Rose, which was more of Rose than Orchid Rose IMO.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the perfect peachy-pink color for my Asian, NC20/25 skintone. I could never pull off pink blushes so I always used taupey, pink-brown colors (like MAC Buff) except they looked muddy on me by end of the day (I still love them for contouring cheekbones, though).
Orchid Rose gives me the perfect flush of pink. It's close to my natural blushing color on a chilly day... a rosy flush that's great all year round.
I think fair to medium-toned people can pull off the color; for darker skintones, it would look lovely and glowy, though the color may not show up that well. IMO, this color is pretty universal.
The shimmer in the pan doesn't show up on skin; it just gives you a nice candlelit glow.
Price is steep for a blush, but I bought mine on eBay, new. I'm pretty sure you can find similar alternatives to this color elsewhere.
The packaging is, of course, classic Chanel. Classy, glossy black rounded square compact with mirror.
Throw away the small brush that comes with it. It's so scratchy that when I swiped it onto the blush pan, it broke off small particles of blush and made the compact messy with pigment. Use a good brush like MAC 129 to apply. It is quite pigmented, but is light-colored, and it is layerable. Application is pretty fool-proof. I should know.
It's lasted the whole day so far.
This is my first Chanel makeup purchase and I'm looking forward to being a steady customer. :)

This is a very beautiful natural blush.It's a nudy pink blush with very subtle sparkles that you can wear everyday /day or night.I am a light-skinned Asian, with medium-yellow undertones and it gives me that "Jlo" glow! I like the subtle sparklein it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive, but it's worth the money! and it's lot lot lot better than the Orgasm which is not natural and too orangey on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am giving this three lippies because the other Chanel blush I own, Fantasia is soooo wrong for me...it will sit in a drawer forever...it is too corally orange for me. I thought Orchid Rose would be better, well it is better, I am going to use it but would never repurchase...it is not that flattering on my NC 35 face, it is just too peach for me. I would say the color is rose/brown/peach and I love wearing pinks now. I am trying to use it as a contour shade, with a bright or pale pink on the apples, but it still seems to turn orangy in the bright sunligh. I wish I had bought Rose petal or Narcisse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Chanel Joues Contraste has the silkiest texture and most wonderfully pigmented powder blush. The colour and shimmer blends beautifully and creates glowy radiance to complexion. The black square packaging and velvet pouch gives very chic and elegant Chanel signature look. Very beautiful! ♥
(31.50/4g)
Brume d'Or: Shimmery caramel
Orchid Rose: Shimmery pale beige pink
Reflex: Shimmery golden peach

on 9/1/2006 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best blush I have ever purchased and I always reach for it without thinking. It gives a subtle glow to my face and is so flattering. I really think my face is so alive with it. The color can be easily built up and the blush will last forever...Fantastic. Will purchase again and again if it ever runs out

on 12/27/2005 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this. I went to the chanel counter determined to buy Reflex but it just wouldn't show on my DDD/ NC45 skin. I tried the Orchid Rose instead and went shopping with it. Honestly, it looked beautiful in every mirror. I think most people think that dark skin needs a highly pigmented blush to look alive and pretty but its not true - beleive me, i have tried enough garish colours to prove that. On the contrary, a subtle hue works best and looks oh so natural! I already have Fantasia and i adore it - everyone tells me i look so pretty when i wear it. Orchid Rose is tres sophisticated. I recommend!