Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.4

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

on 7/10/2011 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This blush is soooooo beautiful. I hate bright blush (by my definition even Nars Amour is bright) but this blush is a very subtle, delicate, pink that makes my cheeks GLOW. The sparkles that look so obvious in the pan translate to this gorgeous sheen on the cheeks. It's not a doll colored pink, it's very much a natural human flesh toned pink. It basically makes you look lit from within. Gorgeous. The only two drawbacks are the price and somewhat the packaging (I hate the little brush thing, and think it would be much classier if packaged without it).

on 2/16/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been on the lookout for a possible future replacement for Narcisse since it's been discontinued. I'll use it until it's empty but I want to have something waiting in the wings for when that tragic day arrives. I know I won't be able to find an exact color match but thought I'd keep an eye on other Chanel blushes because I love the formula. The SA at the Chanel counter recommended this to me and it seemed like a beautiful neutral rose/brown option. Not my usual color choices but I thought I'd give it a try in case it ended up being spectacular.

When the SA applied it in the store it appeared very flattering. I avoid bronzers like the plague but I like the idea of a kind of sunkissed or naturally enhanced skintone. The neutral tones in this blush seemed to offer me a blush color alternative to a bronzer. So I purchased it on the spot.

But when I got home I was surprised at how ruddy my face looked. It seemed jarring on my pale skin. But the SA sometimes has a heavy hand so I thought I'd give it another go myself the next day. Still no luck. Even swept on lightly it appears murky and oddly brick colored. Nothing like it looks in the pan, at least to my eyes.

So I ended up returning this, but I give it 3 lippies for the beautiful shimmer, packaging, and scent.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Please click continued for pictures of the product and swatch.

I am reviewing the Euro version. I'm a neutral PPP with freckles, currently using Cle de Peau Refining Liquid fdt in I10/ Chanel Teint Innocence in #10 Albatre/ Shu Uemura Face Architect liquid in #774.

In the pan, it appears to be a peachy pink with some beige tone and a lot of microshimmer - it's less peachy irl than in the photo. When applied onto my cheeks, the peachy beige tone dominated, which I'm a bit disappointed as I wish it to be a tad more pinkish. Still, I like this colour. Applying too much of this can make my cheeks look like muddly reddish or even muddy. With a lighter hand, it gives me a warm flush, which imo more summery and light sunkissed. It's more like a bronzer that I can imagine I will put on my face though I don't use bronzer at all.

As for the shimmers, they are really very very very fine and it gives my cheeks a nice glow - imo the result is superior of Shu Uemura's Glow On P range blusher. Nothing OTT at all. As one of the reviewers pointed out, it gives you a dewy glow from liquid/ cream blusher without getting gloopy. She is totally correct!!

Regarding the staying power, it stays on for one whole day with minimal fading and note that, I didnt do any touch-up.

As mentioned by most ladies here, the blush is fragranced though I actually quite like the rose scent, lol. The brush is too small to be useful too - I mean it's usable but you need more effort to blend and whatever. I keep that brush to clean up the compact as the the powder tends to fly out a bit when I swipe with my own brush.

continued >>

on 9/11/2009 9:13:00 PM

My holy grail blush. No matter how many different colors and brands I try, I always go back to this one. It is a very natural rose on my light-medium skin (Stila 40watts, LM Sunny Beige). It looks like I'm blushing from within! It has slight iridescent sparkles that give you a glow. The texture is a creamy powder that applies with smoothness and ease. It goes with every look from natural to dramatic. I've hit the pan on this already 2 times.

on 2/9/2008 10:35:00 AM

This is a very pretty colour and my blush has lasted forever (almost two years so far, and I use it daily). I love the very subtle sparkles. It might be that I'm used to it but I think the colour may be a little too subtle overall - perhaps I need to use more. The brush it comes with is dreadful - I only use it if I'm out and don't have my proper brush with me. The packaging is gorgeous though - very glam.

on 11/19/2007 2:06:00 AM

Looks like I am the minority here as this blush did nothing for me :(
I have recently discovered the wonderful and expensive world of Chanel products, therefore I was so excited to receive this blush in a swap, especially since the reviews for it were high! I love blushes and have a pretty generous collection consisting of brands such as NARS, CARGO, Chanel, Dior, MAC, Lancome, and BB, and even though I love them all, this Chanel blush ~ Orchid Rose looked so "flat" and blah on my NC30 skintone. The compact itself is chic and elegant, but it's what's on the inside tha counts right? Well, the blush itself is so pretty as IMO it is a rosy/pinky color...I do not recall any shimmer to it. I generally use a MAC 187 brush for my blush application, but w/ my previous experience w/ Chanel blushes I used my MAC 168 brush instead as this blush was not highly pigmented...I had to build the color on my cheeks w/ at least 3 swipes and still it barely showed up. When I did finally get it to show up, it looked more "muddy" and very boring on me, but I added a layer of my Clinique Berries Shimmering Tones and it brought the blush to life...but why should I have to add the extra layer to make this blush wearable, after all it is Chanel? Overall, I do not like this blush, it is not pigmented, the color looked blah, and thankfully I received it in a swap as it would have been a waste of my $$...alot of it. I imagine it would look fab on lighter skintones, and it does wear all-day, so that is why I gave it 3 lippies overall...a very pretty blush... but not for me. I am in love w/ Chanel's Fantasia blush which is highly pigmented and livens up my face w/ no extra help :) I

on 9/15/2007 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WoWEEE! Looks kinda muddy in the compact, almost boring, you'd pass it up if you didn't know to look for it. The Ugly Duckling of blushes. But seriously: try it! It looks absolutely natural and beautiful on everyone. A lovely glow without glitter or sparkle - the elegant cheek Chanel is famous for. After I've tried all the latest and greatest I always come back to Orchid Rose and she never lets me down. Day or night, just the best color you can find. Could punch it up with a "pop" of a brighter color, a la Bobbie Brown, if you've a mind to. But if not, no worry, you'll be lookin good with this one.

on 8/22/2007 5:10:00 PM

I bought this on the recs of other mua'ers. I eagerly purchased this blush not really paying much attention to the 23GBP it cost me. Sheesh!!
I've used it a fair few times and defintely think that after daily use this is more of a summer blush. it's very warm on my PPP skin and maybe more of an evening colour as well.

All the same this blush is very pretty, i love the microshimmer in it that you can only see under certain lights. The blush is long lasting and very pigmented yet the blush is solid enough that it doesn't go onto my brush by the bucket load - pet hate.
I probably won't buy this again because it's just not THE blush i was looking for but it's a very pretty addition to the collection.

packaging wise it could be a bit less bulky but very stylish nonetheless. shame they put that crap brush in their - almost like an afterthought but i tossed it so who cares!

on 6/22/2007 9:28:00 AM

Well, I don't normally buy ultra-expensive cosmetics. I believe great products can be found at reasonable prices. However, I recently purchased Chanel's powder foundation and had asked the Chanel saleswoman to put some blush on me also. She applied Orchid Rose, which I didn't want to buy after spending so much money on the foundation. But when I got into my car and looked at myself in day light, I realized that the color was absolutely the most natural blush color that I'd ever worn. I tried the new foundation for a few weeks, was very pleased with it and continued to experiment with all of my blushes to see if any of them gave me the results I had seen with orchid rose.
Alas, nothing was quite as natural looking, so I finally broke down and returned to the store to try Orchid Rose again. Sure enough, it was as good as I remembered, so I bought it. I really hate to spend so much money, but this blush is wonderful, and so easy to apply (but not with the silly brush in the compact).

Now I know what all of the fuss is about! This blush is absolutely gorgeous and my new HG. It looks so natural on my cheeks, just a flush of brownish pink without any red tones with subtle shimmer. Rose Petale will now have to more over into second place. This shade looked very brown/orange when I tested it on my arm, but on my cheeks it is a perfect natural pink.