Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Filtered by skin type : Other
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.7

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

on 8/31/2010 6:53:00 PM

at first ı want to say jacquest constante blushes are my hg blushes and my favorite one is narcisse and reflex.
in addition to this ı have 4 blush from the same product and one of these is orchid rose.
orcid rose has two different colour- ı mean it has two version. USA version is more pinky - ı liked that much more than my country version (trkiye/sells other version). if you like orcid you should look fresque and reflex also, ı think. ı love everything about these blushes.

on 10/22/2009 10:22:00 PM

I have been a long-time user and big fan of Nars powder blushes, until I took better stock of how they actually look on me. When I did, I realized they appear cakey; in many cases, in order to achieve a decent color payoff, I sacrificed realistic texture.

I recently switched from using powders to using cream or gel blushes, and, while the appearance was more natural, something was missing: glow.

Orchid Rose, like many Chanel blushes, has such a finely milled shimmer that it is inseparable from the color itself. I am using Orchid Rose very lightly, on top of my Bobbi Brown pot blush. This gives the gel blush a lift that it wouldn't otherwise have and it extends its lasting power considerably. In and of itself, it is the creamiest powder blush I have used.

Others have noted that the Orchid Rose color appears different on the skin than it does in the pan; I will extend this to say that it appears different under Nordstrom lighting than it does in my bathroom. Under Nordstrom's high fluorescents, Orchid Rose is true to its name; it is both orchid (a purplish cast) and rose, cool in tone. At home, the orchid tone is lost and the rose appears more muted. On the skin, I do not notice any sallow (orange/yellow) tones, which aren't acceptable on my skin.

I use so little of this product that the price doesn't bother me. I am not likely to run through it at any time in the near future. A small dab (I apply it with my fingers, as I would a cream) has sufficient pigment and payoff.

The name is a bit commonplace, unevocative of exciting experience or location, and it isn't one of Chanel's sexier blushes, but it is a superb workhorse of a blush for anyone wanting a more natural look. continued >>

this is simply my favorite all-time blush. it's the easiest to wear and goes with almost every lip/eyeshadow combo you can think of. it's like a neutral, wearable tawny rose shade that seems to morph magically on your cheeks into the perfect, your cheeks but better color as though it were formulated expressly for you. others have described this as peach, pink, mauve, etc...it's very hard to pin down as it's not really any ONE of these shades....it's a bit of each. and it has the subtlest shimmer to it....simply gorgeous on. I once had a MAC SA exclaim "what a beautiful blush you have on....I almost thought you weren't wearing any....it looks so perfect w/your complexion! what is it?" and I had to explain it wasn't anything she had behind her counter...lol! for reference I am LLL/hazel/brunette and wear Chanel TI liquid foundation in Shell 1.5 or Cameo 1.0 in the winter....

on 10/4/2008 7:05:00 AM

A rather blah blusher from Chanel, as with most of their blushers they look lovely in the pan but not as good on your skin. Orchid Rose looks like a beautiful golden nude with peach tones. On my warm medium tanned skin it is a nondescript pinky mauve- such a disappointment!I get suckered into Channel blushers everytime, what is wrong with me, will I never learn?

This is one of my HG blushes. I am a NW20 brown hair and eyes. This shows up as a lovely rose shade. It also creates a dewy effect on my cheekbones. Leaving a healthy natural flush. I have tried many of Chanel's blushes and besides Narcisse this is the one I reach for the most.

I also love the scent of Chanel products.(It's a rose scent.) As said below ditch the brush that comes with the product, it's pretty useless and scratchy.

I would buy this blush again if I ever ran out. But it seems to last forever, I have had it over a year and there is still no visible dent in it yet.

on 5/22/2007 12:03:00 PM

Beautiful product---don't usually post, not out of selfishness but rather product fickleness but this gem is a wonderful staple for almost anyone out there...was tired of bronzers making me look rather dirty at the end of the day (though the SAs always try to make them out to be the most natural option) Orchid Rose is the in between...not bronzer, not artificially pink blushey either....great pigment and smells. Pricey but makes you feel pampered. I look forward to seeing the transformation every morning.

on 2/14/2007 7:46:00 AM

This is a highly pigmented blush with a hint of subtle gold shimmer but it does not accentuate pores. The colour is a gorgeous mix between pink and peach. Looks good with all makeup and adds a lovely touch of warmth to my PPP skin. Very long-lasting and should I ever run out I would repurchase.

on 2/13/2007 7:01:00 PM

This blush lives up to the hype. It looks very natural on and is really flattering. I was wearing tempting beige from Chanel and was never truly satisfied with the color. I think there is more brown in tempting beige. Orchid rose leaves the most beautiful flush, but it's sophisticated and not overdone. I love it!!!

Eyes: Violet

You cannot go wrong with this blush! I'm not totally into Chanel makeup, but I love two of their blushes (the other being Reflex). This is a lovely neutral that isn't too pink, brown, or peach. It's beautiful with a wonderful silky texture.

on 8/7/2005 1:11:00 AM

My first Chanel blush! Orchid Rose is a very pretty peachy/rosey flush colour on my cheeks. I see no plum tones in this, and it goes on much brighter and warmer than it appears in the pan. The first thing I noticed about this was the silky soft texture of the powder. I have to be careful not to pick up too much with my brush. I find a gentle sweep across the dome is plenty for each cheek. Exquisite packaging, classic and beautiful. The tiny brush is a bit useless, but a nice touch nevertheless. Would repurchase but I have never used up a blush completely. I'd love to try other colours in this line. For reference, I use Tarte Smooth Operator foundation in Veil. I'm around a Mac NC25/C2. Light cool/neutral olive complexion. continued >>