Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.7

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

on 5/17/2011 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a review for the US version.
It wasn't a love at first sight, especially when I saw how sparkly it look in the pan. Then I swatched it on my hand and the sparkles were there but fortunately they show up as a lovely glow on my cheeks when I use my 187 brush. Surprisingly, it looks very natural on my NC20-25 skin because I can't really think of someone that blushes with glitter (NARS Orgasm, I am looking at you).
The thing is that as much as I like the glow, I prefer matte finishes for my blush because they look even more natural (I have breakouts sometimes so it can look a bit weird). I prefer experimenting with eyeshadow and lipstick rather than blush (bronzer is another thing, lol)
So, in few words - if you like glitter - go for NARS orgasm & co., if you like glow get this one, if you like matte finishes, go for Givenchy :)
The only reason, I wouldn't repurchase is that it takes me ages to finish a blush and if I am not 100% wowed by it, I am pretty much bored by then.
Edit: So I was feeling tired, I had an awful breakout and poeple were complimenting my complexion and how fresh I looked. Most were surprised that the only thing I changed in my routine was the blush so I am starting to get wowed.
Edit 2: I love love love it! I get compliments, it smells nice, my skin loves it so I am getting it again!

on 8/31/2010 6:53:00 PM

at first ı want to say jacquest constante blushes are my hg blushes and my favorite one is narcisse and reflex.
in addition to this ı have 4 blush from the same product and one of these is orchid rose.
orcid rose has two different colour- ı mean it has two version. USA version is more pinky - ı liked that much more than my country version (trkiye/sells other version). if you like orcid you should look fresque and reflex also, ı think. ı love everything about these blushes.

on 10/22/2009 10:22:00 PM

I have been a long-time user and big fan of Nars powder blushes, until I took better stock of how they actually look on me. When I did, I realized they appear cakey; in many cases, in order to achieve a decent color payoff, I sacrificed realistic texture.

I recently switched from using powders to using cream or gel blushes, and, while the appearance was more natural, something was missing: glow.

Orchid Rose, like many Chanel blushes, has such a finely milled shimmer that it is inseparable from the color itself. I am using Orchid Rose very lightly, on top of my Bobbi Brown pot blush. This gives the gel blush a lift that it wouldn't otherwise have and it extends its lasting power considerably. In and of itself, it is the creamiest powder blush I have used.

Others have noted that the Orchid Rose color appears different on the skin than it does in the pan; I will extend this to say that it appears different under Nordstrom lighting than it does in my bathroom. Under Nordstrom's high fluorescents, Orchid Rose is true to its name; it is both orchid (a purplish cast) and rose, cool in tone. At home, the orchid tone is lost and the rose appears more muted. On the skin, I do not notice any sallow (orange/yellow) tones, which aren't acceptable on my skin.

I use so little of this product that the price doesn't bother me. I am not likely to run through it at any time in the near future. A small dab (I apply it with my fingers, as I would a cream) has sufficient pigment and payoff.

The name is a bit commonplace, unevocative of exciting experience or location, and it isn't one of Chanel's sexier blushes, but it is a superb workhorse of a blush for anyone wanting a more natural look. continued >>

this is simply my favorite all-time blush. it's the easiest to wear and goes with almost every lip/eyeshadow combo you can think of. it's like a neutral, wearable tawny rose shade that seems to morph magically on your cheeks into the perfect, your cheeks but better color as though it were formulated expressly for you. others have described this as peach, pink, mauve, etc...it's very hard to pin down as it's not really any ONE of these shades....it's a bit of each. and it has the subtlest shimmer to it....simply gorgeous on. I once had a MAC SA exclaim "what a beautiful blush you have on....I almost thought you weren't wearing any....it looks so perfect w/your complexion! what is it?" and I had to explain it wasn't anything she had behind her counter...lol! for reference I am LLL/hazel/brunette and wear Chanel TI liquid foundation in Shell 1.5 or Cameo 1.0 in the winter....

I love this shade and I love Chanel blushes. You really get your money's worth. The color is perfect for my skin tone, and it's not too dark or too light. Don't be scared by the subtle glimmer/glitter in it. It is not garish at all and it's very subtle.

This is one of my HG blushes. I am a NW20 brown hair and eyes. This shows up as a lovely rose shade. It also creates a dewy effect on my cheekbones. Leaving a healthy natural flush. I have tried many of Chanel's blushes and besides Narcisse this is the one I reach for the most.

I also love the scent of Chanel products.(It's a rose scent.) As said below ditch the brush that comes with the product, it's pretty useless and scratchy.

I would buy this blush again if I ever ran out. But it seems to last forever, I have had it over a year and there is still no visible dent in it yet.

on 11/19/2007 2:06:00 AM

Looks like I am the minority here as this blush did nothing for me :(
I have recently discovered the wonderful and expensive world of Chanel products, therefore I was so excited to receive this blush in a swap, especially since the reviews for it were high! I love blushes and have a pretty generous collection consisting of brands such as NARS, CARGO, Chanel, Dior, MAC, Lancome, and BB, and even though I love them all, this Chanel blush ~ Orchid Rose looked so "flat" and blah on my NC30 skintone. The compact itself is chic and elegant, but it's what's on the inside tha counts right? Well, the blush itself is so pretty as IMO it is a rosy/pinky color...I do not recall any shimmer to it. I generally use a MAC 187 brush for my blush application, but w/ my previous experience w/ Chanel blushes I used my MAC 168 brush instead as this blush was not highly pigmented...I had to build the color on my cheeks w/ at least 3 swipes and still it barely showed up. When I did finally get it to show up, it looked more "muddy" and very boring on me, but I added a layer of my Clinique Berries Shimmering Tones and it brought the blush to life...but why should I have to add the extra layer to make this blush wearable, after all it is Chanel? Overall, I do not like this blush, it is not pigmented, the color looked blah, and thankfully I received it in a swap as it would have been a waste of my $$...alot of it. I imagine it would look fab on lighter skintones, and it does wear all-day, so that is why I gave it 3 lippies overall...a very pretty blush... but not for me. I am in love w/ Chanel's Fantasia blush which is highly pigmented and livens up my face w/ no extra help :) I

on 2/14/2007 7:46:00 AM

This is a highly pigmented blush with a hint of subtle gold shimmer but it does not accentuate pores. The colour is a gorgeous mix between pink and peach. Looks good with all makeup and adds a lovely touch of warmth to my PPP skin. Very long-lasting and should I ever run out I would repurchase.

on 8/7/2005 1:11:00 AM

My first Chanel blush! Orchid Rose is a very pretty peachy/rosey flush colour on my cheeks. I see no plum tones in this, and it goes on much brighter and warmer than it appears in the pan. The first thing I noticed about this was the silky soft texture of the powder. I have to be careful not to pick up too much with my brush. I find a gentle sweep across the dome is plenty for each cheek. Exquisite packaging, classic and beautiful. The tiny brush is a bit useless, but a nice touch nevertheless. Would repurchase but I have never used up a blush completely. I'd love to try other colours in this line. For reference, I use Tarte Smooth Operator foundation in Veil. I'm around a Mac NC25/C2. Light cool/neutral olive complexion. continued >>

This is the perfect Apres Ski blush. I love the peachy rose mauve shimmer to it. Its like silk on. Love it.