Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Filtered by age: 36-43
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.6

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice natural beigey pink. Long wearing for me. HG for work.

on 4/7/2014 11:54:00 PM

Your own naturally flushed skin but better would be the best way I could think of describing this blush. I think the colour looks like a nude/dusky/pinky/beige and would agree with almost any colouring - it would just need to be built up more on a darker skin.

Mine being NC15 I don't need much of this at all to impart a nice healthy natural glow - there looks to be some shimmer in the pan but on your skin definately no sparkles but a nice healthy looking sheen. I apply this with a stippling blush and sometimes layer with a highlight powder, I think Cindy Lou-Manizer brushed on top of the cheekbones with a light hand and a fanbrush pairs nicely with this blush for an extra glow.

I won't be looking to repurchase this one as I'm sure to have it for a long while yet and have many blushes to work through of similar shading. I had heard that this product has been discontinued - I bought mine from strawberrynet about 18 months ago and see they still have it available. This is the baked blush (I think the US market version is not baked)..

on 6/12/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me start off by saying I am... erm... not exactly monogamous in the blush category. I have TONS of them. I LOVE tons of them. And, also, when it comes to Chanel products, I expect a lot. I have found very few of their products that live up to the cost for me.
But Chanel can do blush, possibly better than any other company out there! The JC blushes are amazing, and this color in particular is about as close to perfect as they get. To me, this is a dusty, rosy pink - on the cooler side with just a smidge of mauve. When I initially looked at it at the counter, I really wasn't sure it would show up much on me, even though I am kind of on the border of fair and light in skintone. And this isn't a screaming, bright, vibrant blush by any means, but it gives a lovely "lit from within" glow to my face which I love. It goes with almost everything else I might want to wear on my face - red lipstick, pale lips and smokey eyes, neutrals, pinks... I do reach for a warmer toned blush when wearing the really warm colors, but thats seldom for me with my coloring.
All of the JC blushes I have tried have been extremely finely milled, without being overly powdery. They just seem to melt right in to my skin. Likewise, there is some shimmer present, but again, it just blends in to a soft glow - never a shimmer, shine, and definitely not any chunks of glitter on my face. The lasting power on me is fine (my skin is dry - this may be more of an issue for the oilier folks). It lasts through my workday, but if I go out at night, I do a little touch-up. I could live without the smell, but it fades quickly and does give you that feeling that this is truly luxurious somehow.
I said "yes" to buying again, because I love it and I would, except that my next blush love is right around the corner and I can't seem to stay faithful, so we'll see. It may just be another blush from this line!
**Edit 9/8/12** Aaaahhhh! They DISCONTINUED this?!? I Can't believe they did that - it was absolutely perfect! Luckily these last forever, so I'll horde the rest. Chanel's JC in Tempting Beige is a pretty close color too - a little more peachy/nude, less mauve, but it will do as a replacement.

on 8/14/2010 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Orchid Rose is a soft tawny beige with some soft rose in it. I'm NC 30, warm and yellow toned. I have to layer it on a bit but the end result is worth it. Gives you the warm, glow from within effect that is very long lasting and very natural. It goes particularly well with my peachy pink lipsticks and any of the beige ones). Definitely a warm colour, and one can't really overdo it, since I love buffing my blushes in. One of my better loved JCs and I do love them all.....

This is one of my HG blushes. I am a NW20 brown hair and eyes. This shows up as a lovely rose shade. It also creates a dewy effect on my cheekbones. Leaving a healthy natural flush. I have tried many of Chanel's blushes and besides Narcisse this is the one I reach for the most.

I also love the scent of Chanel products.(It's a rose scent.) As said below ditch the brush that comes with the product, it's pretty useless and scratchy.

I would buy this blush again if I ever ran out. But it seems to last forever, I have had it over a year and there is still no visible dent in it yet.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am giving this three lippies because the other Chanel blush I own, Fantasia is soooo wrong for me...it will sit in a drawer forever...it is too corally orange for me. I thought Orchid Rose would be better, well it is better, I am going to use it but would never repurchase...it is not that flattering on my NC 35 face, it is just too peach for me. I would say the color is rose/brown/peach and I love wearing pinks now. I am trying to use it as a contour shade, with a bright or pale pink on the apples, but it still seems to turn orangy in the bright sunligh. I wish I had bought Rose petal or Narcisse.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GORGEOUS. The actual color of this sorta belies the name, since this is neither very orchid-y nor rose-y, per se, but man, is it stunning. I imagine this would be the perfect wedding day blush for just about any bride. This makes me look radiant and glowing (I keep staring at myself every time I run to the ladies' room at work today, lol). Perfect.

Now I know what all of the fuss is about! This blush is absolutely gorgeous and my new HG. It looks so natural on my cheeks, just a flush of brownish pink without any red tones with subtle shimmer. Rose Petale will now have to more over into second place. This shade looked very brown/orange when I tested it on my arm, but on my cheeks it is a perfect natural pink.

on 2/13/2007 7:01:00 PM

This blush lives up to the hype. It looks very natural on and is really flattering. I was wearing tempting beige from Chanel and was never truly satisfied with the color. I think there is more brown in tempting beige. Orchid rose leaves the most beautiful flush, but it's sophisticated and not overdone. I love it!!!

on 12/15/2005 8:23:00 AM

This is the blush color I have always been looking for....a warm,slightly shimmery rose color! HG for me!