MAC Meltdown lipstick

No Image

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Pros
Lasting power
Pop of color
Coverage

Cons
Too much shimmer

This amazing golden coral is just beautiful! The color is subtle and flattering to my NC15 pale skin. I am taking it to Europe with me and will wear it with Subculture liner and every outfit I am taking through Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and France. The complexity of the color is deceptive. Don't judge it by what you see when you look at the tube--think of "O." This is another gem!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

While this color isn't the type of orange that's in this season, it's a beautiful color on dark skin. I'm a NC45 and the color looks like a golden bronzed orange on me and picks up on my golden undertones. For a frost it has a nice creamy texture as well.

I wear NYX lip liner in Pumpkin which is orange/gold. It's a nice compliment with Amber Lights and Rule eyeshadow (lightly).

on 3/20/2012 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

My sunshine, she makes me happy. Peach, orange and glod. This is my favorite lipstick just pretty in the tude and fabolous on me. I wear this one all year round, it just enhances my skintone. I pair meltdown mainly with: chestnut liner, lychee luxe lipglass. Second choice liners would be auburn and bittersweet. I love, love this lipstick, it works really wear with bronze and peach makeup looks...so sweet, I found heaven.

on 5/13/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm not sure to be honest! I do like the colour, not sure about how it works for me yet, I have yet to try it on a night out.
A warm orangey-golden shimmer colour, has a lot more va-va-voom per layer.
I'm just really getting into MAC lately, and the lipsticks are stealing my money again and again. I would love to give this lippy a real night of attention with some bronze makeup etc.

One thing i've found is that, when i line my lips with stripdown, then wear Angel frost THEN add Meltdown, the mix creates a REALLY nice light coral-peach colour.

Give that one a try if you can. i'll check back after I Meltdown on a crazy night out ;)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love love!

on 6/30/2010 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I definitely think this lipstick is overlooked! This is one of my favourite MAC lipsticks and it gives me a nice pop of coral. The lipstick goes on smoothly and...and... there's nothing to complain about! Would definitely repurchase.

on 5/18/2010 10:22:00 PM

I have a hard time finding lipsticks that work for me, I have a lightly tanned complexion with olive undertones (shade 123 MUFE) and alot of the pink lipsticks I usually try make me look washed out and bring out unflattering pink undertones in my skin. I decided to try something different and my eye was drawn to the peachy/coral shades... I'm glad I tried them because they seem to be flattering on me. This particular shade, Meltdown, looks a bit wild in the tube but is really pretty on the lips. The color is tough to pin down, I'd describe it as a shimmery peachy-coral bronze. I usually HATE frost lipsticks but this one isn't as frosted as some of their other lipsticks, so it's more wearable. Also, some frosts tend to feel like sand on your lips but this one is very smooth. I've been wearing it with Spice lipliner feathered into my lip, it seems to further tone down the color. At the moment I'm wearing it with a bronze eye and peach cheeks and it looks great. I imagne this would be flattering on all the "warm" ladies.

on 4/14/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Meltdown is to me, like a ray of sunshine in a tube! This color is amazing on tanned skin with a bronze eye and peach cheeks. It's orange in the tube, but turns less harsh on my lips and applies more like a deep peach. It's infused with tons of gold shimmer that just makes me smile from ear to ear when i put it on! It's definitely a very unique shade in my stash!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have about a gazillion lipsticks, like all women do, but this one has wormed it's way to the front row. LOVE IT. The staying power is fabulous. It is like sunshine in a tube. Kind of shimmery orangey peachy - which sounds horrid but it's so pretty. I am dark-eyed, medium skin tone, auburnish hair and this is a good shade for my coloring, I think. I love this.
It may be discontinued, not sure, I bought it at a CCO.