TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray

TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray
Thermal Creations Heat Tamer SprayThermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 10/7/2017 5:57:00 PM

My hair is thin and medium length. Normal to dry. This spray made my hair more dry and slightly frizzy. Returning to ulta.

on 9/1/2017 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This heat protectant was okay. However, I prefer something that leaves more moisture. This isn't conditioning at all. TRESemme Repair & Protect 7 Pre-Styling Spray is a much better product. It protects from heat, prevents split ends and really conditions. I don't have the same soft smooth look with the Instant Heat Tamer Spray. If you have oily hair you might prefer this product, but anyone with dry hair should probably pass it up.

on 7/6/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm not sure that this product does anything. It doesn't leave my hair soft or extra straight after I blow dry and I'm not sure I can tell if I am getting any heat protection either. I do not like the smell of this at all, which is extremely potent and overwhelming. Once your hair dries, you won't really smell it in your hair, which is great, but when spraying on hair, my whole bathroom smells so strong that I find myself coughing and having to leave the room for a while. I will not repurchase.

on 7/4/2016 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hands down the best heat protectant I've used. I don't worry about damaging my hair too much when I blowdry, straighten or curl it. I've strayed and tried others (including this brand's "platinum" version... definitely NO) but have always come back to this. I've now been using this it exclusively for the last 2 years, and I'm never giving it up. It does its job, leaves my hair soft, costs less than $5, and smells clean. A+.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Does not prevent heat damage. I started using this a couple months ago right after getting my hair trimmed. My hair is highlighted and I blow dry and use a curling iron about 3 days per week. This product makes my hair look frizzy and has done nothing to prevent split ends or breakage. In 8 weeks I see breakage and split ends and I definitely don't notice healthier hair. If it gave my hair any protection, I sure don't see it. Would not recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For the sake of honesty, I'm just going to come right out and say it: I'm not sure how well this protects my hair against heat damage. How, you might ask? Well, my whole head has been dyed (which causes slight damage- I use an ammonia free dye though), and the very bottom pieces of my hair are, underneath the dye, bleached and have sustained chemical damage from that which I am still growing out. I do use heat tools, obviously, but only about once or twice a week and I don't use a blow dryer.
Therefore, determining how much damage comes from heat and how much comes from bleach and/or dye is almost impossible, unless you're going over your head with a microscope and a fine-tooth comb before and after styling (ain't nobody got time for that). Also my hair is naturally spiral-curly and curly hair sustains dryness, leading to damage, pretty much just from existing, sadly.
So, I can't speak 100% to the heat protection this provides but I CAN say that I've used this continually for about two years and my hair is finally growing. It might be me growing out the bleach, or this, it's probably a combination of factors to be honest.
I never EVER go near a heat tool without immersing (I mean covering every single strand with this until the hair is practically wet) my head with numerous sprays of this, then brushing it through. After its dried I go in with the tool. It dries almost instantaneously after being brushed. It leaves NO residue. The smell is not bad and not good and disappears within milliseconds.
This is awesome for several reasons: dries fast, sprays evenly, doesn't stink, doesn't make hair sticky or dry, and I actually think it helps hold whatever style you choose to do your hair in. It makes my hair look a bit glossier when I straighten it, but it's also weightless and dries to seemingly nothing.
The packaging is no fuss and sprays out evenly, and has a "lock" setting so you can bring it in a gym bag or whatever and not worry about it spilled everywhere. When it gets to the very bottom of the bottle, it no longer sprays out and I remove the top and pour it in my hands, and run it through my hair that way. Not a big deal.
Finally, the price. You get a good amount of product for $5 and seemingly 95% of people have had a good experience with this, so obviously if you're looking for a heat protectant (which is an essential item if you're using hot tools, on the same level as conditioner or sunscreen) this is a great place to start. I have had nothing but positive memories from using this and consider it my go-to heat protector, as do many others apparently!

This stuff worked good for when I used to blow-dry my hair. I used to spary it all over before I put in any styling products and it seemed to protect my hair from the damaging effects of the blowdryer. I would re-purchase if I still blow-dried my hair but I have stopped to protect against damage. I think it did help to keep my hair in relatively good condition even though I used the heat.. so I could grow it long again once I stopped with the heat styling.

I have repurchased this quite a few times. It is a great heat protectant. I love how you can use it for blow drying and on dry hair to protect from hot tools. It also smells very nice. I took off lippies for the packaging. The nozzle where it sprays comes apart and I have to reassemble it. It can be put back together but it is a pain to do so. But it is worth repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Smells good and leaves my hair fresh without residu.

Not sure if it actually protects against heat, but does a great job smoothing out the hair. With a little serum to boost op the shine, this is not bad. Price is cheap!! Great product!

I've been using this for years. After spraying this and blowdrying my hair, the results are smooth & shiny. It also smells beautiful. Love this because it's cheap but good quality.

Popular Styling Products