Derma E Essentials Microdermabrasion Scrub

Derma E Essentials Microdermabrasion Scrub
Essentials Microdermabrasion ScrubEnter Title

4.4

Water (Aqua), Magnesium Oxide (Dead Sea Salt), Silica, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Essential Oil, Sodium Carboxymethyl Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Potassium Sorbate.

on 11/16/2017 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Of all the microdermabrasion-esque scrubs I’ve tried (approximately 10, ranging from high end dermatologist branded to drugstore chic range) this had the quickest efficacy. Immediately after I used it in the shower, I was able to see visible brightening and renewal on an overall, but nothing specifically for discoloration or spots. That was just my first look when I stepped out of the shower. It made my skin perfectly prepped for my nighttime routine and skipped the toning just because I didn’t want to aggrevate the baby day-1 skin that I revealed post-pat dry. The products went in smoother and this scrub made me feel so fresh, not just my face, but my whole vibe! I did use the scrub as a spot treatment on a couple other areas on my body while I was showering. Anyway, in the days following my scrub i can attest that this product for sure increases the effectiveness of other skin care products and makes your skin more sensitive to them, as well. So whatever you use, just use a little less or maybe even cut out a product or two just because you don’t want to inadvertently irritate your new baby day-1 skin with too many products. So for me, since I was @ the tail end of a pre-menstrual caused breakout, I skipped toning on night 1, but applied La Mer lotion, a drop of eye cream, and MB buffing lotion and drying lotion on active spots. Next morning I wiped my face with bio Derma micellar water and applied la mer mattifying lotion and my skin looked better than it’s looked in a while. Fine lines were gone, better and more even toned, and overall brightness increased. Dark spots were less pronounced and some of the less intense ones were gone pretty much. So I’m not sure if this product was the miracle worker or if this product just made it possible for my existing products to work their miracles, but either way, it was essential to the magic. I recommend it if your skin care products are already lit, if so, your face will thank. If your products are shady then I don’t think this product will do anything on its own.

I absolutely LOVE this scrub. My face used to be marked with scars from cystic acne break outs and this product helps tons! It's so worth the price since you don't use a lot of product. I use it every other night because my skin has a tendency to build up oil and dirt. It keeps my face looking so soft and glowy! It doesn't smell the most best, but that doesn't matter since it's so great. I highly recommend for anyone having break out problems!!

on 2/8/2017 10:47:00 AM

It took me almost a year to find this product!!! It's been out of stock for so long that I thought it was phased out. After using it, and I was applying a serum, I was like, wow, my face is sooooooooooooo smooth but I thought, maybe it's just my hands because it's been scrubbing my face but on the 2nd day, my face still feels the same and I asked my mum to use it and when I touched her face, it was smooth!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with other MUAers. This is a very effective exfoliating scrub with fine crystals, which in my opinion are much better than larger grains in other products. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and polished. But the smell is a real turn off. It smells like citrus household cleaner and is really strong. I got this product in my Birchbox, but won't be purchasing the full size because of the scent.

on 5/16/2017 1:49:00 AM

I purchased this after my trusty Neutrogena Deep Clean face scrub was reformulated and no longer did the job, and I am so glad I did! As far as manual exfoliators go, this is the best one that I've ever tried. The granules of sea salt are super fine, and you can really feel it working as you are massaging your face. It is abrasive, but just enough to really get a deep clean - I have sensitive skin and I don't have any issues with irritation.

It has really helped with the texture of my skin, and leaves it glowy and smooth afterwards. I use this 1-2x a week to keep my skin in check. I got this for about $30 CAD at my local general health store - you only need a tiny bit per application so the cost per use is very reasonable. Derma E is a little harder to find on the mass market but they're available on Amazon if you can't find it locally. Would 100% recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this for free from Ipsy after they made a small shipping mistake on my account.
I was so excited to try it because I have been curious about this brand. This is definitely the BEST manual exfoliator I have ever used. My skin was much smoother and brighter after using.
When I run out I will definitely by more!

on 12/2/2016 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I moved on to this scrub after discovering an allergy to parabens and therefore having to abandon my trusty Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. In many ways these two scrubs are very similar: a little goes a long way so the product lasts for a while, the granules are very fine, and they both do a good job of getting rid of dead skin and scrubbing away dry flakes. However, I prefer the derma e scrub because it has a lovely fresh scent that makes using it a delight.

I usually use a lukewarm wet muslin cloth to wash off the granules for added effect, as I find this really gets rid of the pesky flaky skin. I usually use the scrub once (maximum twice) a week though, because I find using it too often does leave my skin feeling a bit over-sensitised, which is why I don't give it full marks.

EDIT: Although, overall, this is a great scrub, I likely won't be buying again since I have decided to move away from scrubs and look for alternatives regarding exfoliation (for now at least). However, if you are looking for a good cruelty-free scrub, I would still recommend this.

on 10/23/2016 2:17:00 AM

I recently purchased this scrub on sale at Loblaws. It is expensive, but you only need a small amount per use. I think the jar will last a long time, especially because i'll only be using it 1-2 times a week. It's a bit too abrasive to use more frequently. The salt granules are fine, but effective. My skin is super smooth after using this scrub and it hasn't caused me to break out at all. It has a nice scent to it as well. It's a better scrub than some others I have tried lately and my skin feels and looks better after using it. I will continue to use this and will likely re-purchase it.

Life saver product! I use about once a week for a microdermabrasion scrub and it gently removes dead skin cells and makes skin feel silky smooth. Skin does not feel tight at all after. I can feel the difference immediately after using!

on 3/14/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wow! Best scrub I've ever used and the price is awesome! I used to spend 3x as much for a sonya Dakar scrub that was mediocre. I am nearing 32 with oily, acne prone skin. This scrub minimized lines and exfoliated deeply, clearing all the sebum that tends to collect on my skin. I definitely recommend this plus any of the derma e toners.