Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub

Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub
Microdermabrasion Scrub

4.4

Water (Aqua), Magnesium Oxide (Dead Sea Salt), Silica, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Essential Oil, Sodium Carboxymethyl Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Potassium Sorbate.

I absolutely LOVE this scrub. My face used to be marked with scars from cystic acne break outs and this product helps tons! It's so worth the price since you don't use a lot of product. I use it every other night because my skin has a tendency to build up oil and dirt. It keeps my face looking so soft and glowy! It doesn't smell the most best, but that doesn't matter since it's so great. I highly recommend for anyone having break out problems!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with other MUAers. This is a very effective exfoliating scrub with fine crystals, which in my opinion are much better than larger grains in other products. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and polished. But the smell is a real turn off. It smells like citrus household cleaner and is really strong. I got this product in my Birchbox, but won't be purchasing the full size because of the scent.

on 12/2/2016 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I moved on to this scrub after discovering an allergy to parabens and therefore having to abandon my trusty Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. In many ways these two scrubs are very similar: a little goes a long way so the product lasts for a while, the granules are very fine, and they both do a good job of getting rid of dead skin and scrubbing away dry flakes. However, I prefer the derma e scrub because it has a lovely fresh scent that makes using it a delight.

I usually use a lukewarm wet muslin cloth to wash off the granules for added effect, as I find this really gets rid of the pesky flaky skin. I usually use the scrub once (maximum twice) a week though, because I find using it too often does leave my skin feeling a bit over-sensitised, which is why I don't give it full marks.

EDIT: Although, overall, this is a great scrub, I likely won't be buying again since I have decided to move away from scrubs and look for alternatives regarding exfoliation (for now at least). However, if you are looking for a good cruelty-free scrub, I would still recommend this.

on 2/8/2017 10:47:00 AM

It took me almost a year to find this product!!! It's been out of stock for so long that I thought it was phased out. After using it, and I was applying a serum, I was like, wow, my face is sooooooooooooo smooth but I thought, maybe it's just my hands because it's been scrubbing my face but on the 2nd day, my face still feels the same and I asked my mum to use it and when I touched her face, it was smooth!!

on 5/16/2017 1:49:00 AM

I purchased this after my trusty Neutrogena Deep Clean face scrub was reformulated and no longer did the job, and I am so glad I did! As far as manual exfoliators go, this is the best one that I've ever tried. The granules of sea salt are super fine, and you can really feel it working as you are massaging your face. It is abrasive, but just enough to really get a deep clean - I have sensitive skin and I don't have any issues with irritation.

It has really helped with the texture of my skin, and leaves it glowy and smooth afterwards. I use this 1-2x a week to keep my skin in check. I got this for about $30 CAD at my local general health store - you only need a tiny bit per application so the cost per use is very reasonable. Derma E is a little harder to find on the mass market but they're available on Amazon if you can't find it locally. Would 100% recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this for free from Ipsy after they made a small shipping mistake on my account.
I was so excited to try it because I have been curious about this brand. This is definitely the BEST manual exfoliator I have ever used. My skin was much smoother and brighter after using.
When I run out I will definitely by more!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My skin in a huge pain in the you-know-what. I'm 35 years old and just started taking isotretinoin (Accutane). I don't have severe or nodular acne; however, I have persistent, treatment resistant acne that consistently leaves behind red marks on my aging skin. I generally always have one to three active spots. So, as you can imagine, I'm leery of trying anything new on my face. It doesn't matter if it's the HG for a zillion other women...it will give me zits.

However, I received a sample of this in my Birchbox, and since I'm using Accutane, I figured I had nothing to lose. Now, I currently use Alpha Hydroxy brand Intensive Serum (14% AHA) morning and evening, AND Pixi Glow Tonic morning and evening. So my skin is already as exfoliated as it could get (I thought). Nope! I used this in the shower, rubbing lightly for a minute or two, and came away with the softest skin EVER. My husband even commented on how soft it felt.
I've since used it three more times-every two or three days. I'm happy to say that it hasn't broken me out whatsoever, which is a miracle in itself. In fact, it has helped clear the small bumpiness that my skin has always had. This is pretty impressive considering all of the exfoliation my skin already gets.
I've already ordered a full sized tub for when my sample runs out. And, personally, I like tubs. I dip freshly soaped and washed hands in them, so I'm not concerned about bacterial overgrowth. Plus I like to be able to use every last bit. I purchased this online for about $17-several supplement sites offer this price. Highly recommended!

on 10/23/2016 2:17:00 AM

I recently purchased this scrub on sale at Loblaws. It is expensive, but you only need a small amount per use. I think the jar will last a long time, especially because i'll only be using it 1-2 times a week. It's a bit too abrasive to use more frequently. The salt granules are fine, but effective. My skin is super smooth after using this scrub and it hasn't caused me to break out at all. It has a nice scent to it as well. It's a better scrub than some others I have tried lately and my skin feels and looks better after using it. I will continue to use this and will likely re-purchase it.

Life saver product! I use about once a week for a microdermabrasion scrub and it gently removes dead skin cells and makes skin feel silky smooth. Skin does not feel tight at all after. I can feel the difference immediately after using!

on 3/14/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wow! Best scrub I've ever used and the price is awesome! I used to spend 3x as much for a sonya Dakar scrub that was mediocre. I am nearing 32 with oily, acne prone skin. This scrub minimized lines and exfoliated deeply, clearing all the sebum that tends to collect on my skin. I definitely recommend this plus any of the derma e toners.