Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer

3.0

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This product in my opinion is best used on your ends only that's how i use it. It's very thick and weigh down relaxed hair. I have midback relaxed hair. I also use it only when my ends needs to be hydrated.

Made my hair dry after a day. I like the conditioning shampoo but not this. I also have the mango butter shampoo not crazy about it either. Idk how one product can be so good but others suck from the same company. Avoid mango butter products from elasta qp.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is such a great moisturizer for my hair. My hair is so dry and thick that many other moisturizers don't penetrate deeply enough and just sit on the top of my hair. I use this product almost daily in the winter and alternate between other days during the warmer seasons. This made my hair so soft and it even moisturized the ends of my hair which need a lot of help. On the packaging it says its good for styling twist outs, braid outs,etc. I don't imagine it would give you much hold because its very soft, but you could layer this on top of another styling product. If you're looking for a moisturizer that's cheap and makes your hair soft this is it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I currently own the newly reformulated version. I will say that when i had used this stuff quite some years ago, i actually didn't like the stuff at all. So, i ended up giving up on it. Well, i later on decided to give it a try. I am not sure exactly how many times this product has been reformulated. But, the one that i bought last year (in 2013), works very well for my hair. I like to use it as a leave in treatment in my hair, before washing it. It does have a sort of perfumey scent, but i am able to tolerate such nonetheless. And, when the weather is cool/cold out, i like to use it sparingly as a hair moisture. One jar really lasts a long time. Plus, it is very reasonably priced, and you can easily buy it locally within a variety of stores (Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, etc.), including beauty supply stores as well.

If you have very dry hair, I would definitely recommend investing in this moisturizer for sure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This has got to be the worst hair product know to mankind. Judging by the ingredients list, one would assume that it's a decent enough product. One would assume that it provides at least decent moisture and hold. This is the most drying product I have ever used on my hair. It's watery and dries my hair out completely. I actually had to take out my flat twists (which normally stay well moisturised throughout the week) and moisturise my hair with some Hairveda Red Tea Moisturiser (my absolute favourite). Oh well - teaches me for straying. I'll keep looking for another moisturiser to stray with while keeping my staples warm on the back burner, you know, just in case.

In the meantime I'll stay well away from Elasta QP moisturiser (or maybe just the whole line). Shyte. Just shyte.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

its kind of like a gel for my hair it holds it back in place it definitely doesn't moisturize for my hair as good it smells great but did not give a good result so I guess ill just use it for pony tails only because it holds back in place and my hair is not soft at all angry results

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

If you use a light hand, you'll love this product. It moisturizes very well without greasiness, and it smells YUMMY. I finally gave it a try after reading the ingredient list. I'm so glad I did. The lotion version is great too.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hello,
I was looking for a good and cheap curl defining product for my hair but that also provided moisture and doesn't weigh it down. BANG BANG...I found this one! I noticed a difference the very first time I used it and I must say, I am extremely impressed and happy with this product. I purchased it for $5.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and not everyone's hair is the same. I have fine, curly, (frizzy mainly on top of head) weak hair and this works for me!

Pros:
Gives me the moisture I need (was lacking)
Does not weigh my hair down whatsoever
It's not greasy, sticky nor flaky
No residue
Smells amazing...to me
Defines my curls
Curls is soft and bouncy
Really tamed my frizz!!! woo hoo
Gives a natural look and feel that I like and no need for me to spray with hairspray.

Cons:
A lil thick but I don't mind.

Overall, I am really impressed and happy with this is. I do recommend this product for those who have fine, curly, a lil frizzy hair. Definitely not for those who have coarse hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I've heard rave after rave about this product online so I decided to try it. I don't live in an "urban" area so I have to really go out of my way to get products formulated for Black/coarse hair textures. Well I ended up wasting gas =/ This product smells very good but it so heavy and I feel like it just coats my hair and doesn't moisturize at all. Maybe it works for natural hair but if you are texlaxed or relaxed, stay away!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Elasta QP Olive Oli & Mango Butter Moisturizer is a real bargain and buy. This product can be used daily for lightly moisturizing tresses as well as pressing hair from natural to straight. It smells great, good quality, and very affordable. You can find in most beauty supply stores marketed to African American women.

Popular Hair Products