Life Brand Fresh Blends nut and honey corrective hair serum

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVED the scent of this. Smelled SOOO good and actually lasted in my hair. Sad that they discontinued this :(

I went for a haircut last week and despite having products from a ton of upscale brands, the stylist used this on me. Just two pumps for my mid-back super thick hair, after it's dry and my hair is no longer poofy or dry - just shiny and smooth. I immediately went out and bought it and have used it every day since! Smells delicious but the scent is very light.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After 15 years of flat-lifeless hair, I decided to start having my hair permed again. I remembered from perming my hair in my early 20's that using a hair serum is a must to eliminate frizz. The product I used back then was Frizz Ease and it was relatively cheap (and unknown) While in my local Shoppers Drug Mart, I see that it's now triple the price for a MUCH smaller amount; about 30ml! Anyway, while in the same aisle, I noticed that Shoppers Drug Mart's Life Brand had a silicone serum for $4.99. I thought I would give it a try and am glad i did! Not only is it IDENTICAL to more costly serums (silicone *is* just silicone afterall), it is a generous amount (120ml) A little (5 pumps) goes a long way and after 2 months I am only 1/2 way through the bottle. It has a faint, sweet 'nutty' scent, which I enjoy; however, for those not keen on fragrance, it does dissipate quickly.

NOTE:
For those who say that serums dry out their hair; you're correct. How the product works is the the silicone coats the hair shaft and does not let any moisture in. That's what keeps the frizz to a minimum and makes the hair shiny. However, it's also what prevents your conditioner from replacing moisture if you're not using the proper shampoo beforehand. For those with this problem, I suggest you switch to a a mild clarifying shampoo to remove the buildup of silicone.

Yeah, this is a good, cheap hair serum. I can't believe I finally found the reviews for this because I have been wanting to talk about Life brand hair products! The smell of this is fantastic. The only thing is, I noticed buildup from using this. My hair got crunchy and dry, but that was when I was using a flat iron on my hair daily; on dirty hair and adding more serum! uggh. Anyway, for the price, this is a can't miss!

I purchased this product along with the Curl Shaper(I wrote a review for that) and it is wonderful. 120ml pump bottle for 3.99-you really cannot beat that. Best applied while hair is wet/damp and work it through. I have fine hair and this does not weigh it down. It really tames the frizzies, imparts a nice shine and smells so good. Ranks up there with other serums without blasting your budget. Also works great for dry legs(just discovered this) to give them a little sheen and softness. Would buy again.

Great serum! does not make my hair greasy and limp, does not leave build-up and smells great. Rave! UPDATE: Really loving this stuff! It is almost a carbon copy of Zero frizz(which is also my HG serum). The ingredients are awesome. Some of them are honey, Brazil nut oil, vitamin e and ceramide-2 which are supposed to be really good for the hair. ** IMPORTANT UPDATE 09/05/23**: I went to Shoppers yesterday to purchase some more of this serum and it is being discontinued!!!:/ Anyhow, luckily, I still have some left and another alternative for me now is to purchase about 4-6 packs of Montagne Jeunesse's hair masks with ultra shine serum and squeeze the serum into the existing Life Brand bottle-this way it won't be so messy and awkward;that serum is really great as well but it is only meant for one-time use. Thank Goodness this option is available. I just don't understand how Life Brand would discontinue the Honey Nut serum, as it sold out pretty fast and i know alot of people loved this affordable and effective product, including fellow MUA members on this board.

This review is for the product in the jar actually (couldn't remember the name). It's amazing though. It smells great. It isn't gooey or hard. Rub in your palms and run lightly through the hair. Gives great shine and eliminates the frizzy's. Just make sure to not put in too much! I bought it on sale for $2.99 - much better and cheaper than the anti-humectant product I use from Aveda. It blends easier (has silicone for shine) and smells delicious!! Give it a try!

This is a great hair serum, I can't beleive that nobody from Canada has reviewed anything by Life Brand. You can only get this in Canada at Shoppers Drugmart, it's smells soooo good I love it and it smoothes and shines hair. It's also a great deal for 3.99 CAN I will buy it again for sure

Popular Styling Products